Capitol Office Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Capitol Office Solutions President Reed Hagmann
Reed Hagmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "We definitely believe in the work hard-play hard philosophy" (in 5 reviews)

• "Employees are offered a career path with an organization that treats them like family with a vested interest in their success" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "must be willing to make tons of cold calls" (in 2 reviews)

• "This is a fast paced environment with a lot of prospecting so if you are scared of hard work this is not the place for you" (in 2 reviews)

"True review"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time

Pros

Company is fast paced and doing well. Glad to be a part of the Capitol team. Management stays involved and helps you be successful.

Cons

Pressure every day to perform, it can be stressful if you're not hitting your numbers on a quarterly basis. But there is an opportunity to have a career path if you hit your numbers and you're promoted from within.

Advice to Management

Thank you for rolling up your sleeves and getting involved.

"Don't forget"

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time

Pros

The people are very nice. The industry is face paced and it's never boring.

Cons

Focus is only on sale's happiness and never on support departments. Often take advantage of support staff to make up for the lack of accountability within sales.

Advice to Management

Yes, sales is critical to the success of the business but so is the support departments. Get to know them more, show interest in what they are working on, walk up and down the aisle and say good morning and ask how they are genuinely doing, don't forget or take them for granted. Give them opportunities to win prizes, go on day trips, hold department gatherings or have a leadership program that isn't specific to sales. This is a good company but mural needs to improve.

"Check out the social media"

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions full-time

Pros

Seriously, look at their social media. They give out trips, TVs, fitbits, cash, tickets to preakness (front row tickets) and they do huge parties, happy hours, all the fun stuff at the expense of the company. It's unreal and it actually kind of spoils you.

Cons

Sales can be tough but I still find myself reminiscing about my short stint there

Advice to Management

Reed, you're awesome. Dan, you're hilarious. Tina, you're hot

"Capitol Office Solutions"

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capitol truly cares about their employees and success. It is truly a work hard, play hard environment with a LOT of incentives and various ways to earn additional money. The culture is very positive and team focused. COS is a great place to be for development, growth and a successful career path.

Cons

Sales flexibility - expectation to be in before 8am and in the office at 5pm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - hiring top talent, coaching and developing your team and taking a genuine interest in their success.

Capitol Office Solutions Response

Apr 12, 2018 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for your review. I have to agree that our culture is one of positivity, development and growth. COS is committed to the development and success of its employees. The expectation in... More

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership, lots of opportunity to grow, very big on moral values, great work/life balance, great coworkers and staff. Everyone here wants to do a great job, and helps you to be the best you can be. I was full-time in sales, and loved it. My direct manager, Jon, was an amazing coach and very well accomplished in his career. The VP, Kevin, was so fantastic at everything he was part of, and really helped in any way that he could. The president, Reed, is shockingly hands on! You'd think that the president of the company would be too busy to help a sales rep with lower-level tasks, but Reed will help you every step of the way, and is an unbelievable role model and a fantastic leader. I cannot say enough about how happy I was to work there.

I left for personal issues, but it was a very hard decision, but in no way did I leave for anything COS-related. I will miss every person there dearly, and anyone who is given a chance to work there should be grateful for the opportunity.

Cons

Base pay on the lower end, but manageable. It's a tough industry, but it makes the challenge and the chase that much more fun!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Great place to work!"

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions full-time

Pros

Great structure and room for growth!

Cons

Car allowance needs to be adjusted.

"Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, culture, incentives, benefits, balance, and career path. Really glad to be part of Capitol, aggressive company and management team.

Cons

First 8-12 months are difficult, need to put in extra hours to be successful. Must be willing to cold call for the first few years, then business takes care of itself.

Advice to Management

None, management is really good

"Unlimited potential"

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time

Pros

great rewards for working hard

Cons

i have nothing bad to say

"Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to grow, senior staffs are excellent, competitive & high demand but reward afterward.

Cons

Benefits is not so great.

"COS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Capitol Office Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there were nice people in the training class

Cons

upper management played favorites

Advice to Management

manage