Capriotti's Sandwich Shop Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Capriotti's Review"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Bear, DE
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Bear, DE

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gain customer service experience and gain the ability to work during busy times during the day.

Cons

They don't have many benefits in regards to insurance

""Okay""

Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, decently paced environment. Great for a first job or even a more laid back job to pass time.

Cons

Really depends on your relationship to other people in the workplace

3. "Vegas Caps"

Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Tips. Yep beer money is what keeps you working there. It's a fun gimmick and people like it. All adjusted by hours. So a normal 4-5 hour shift would net me $15 on a decent day. $3 an hour or more was a good day.

Cons

-Franchise was owned by two dudes who were infamous for playing by their own rules.
    -Hours were almost never consistent.
    -Managers accrued most of the tips from the day because they work 8-10 hours.
    -there were multiple shops in the franchise and people were always getting called on their day off to cover a shift.
    -New hires would always get thrown in the mix during the busiest time of day and would get in the way.
    -There used to be a 24 hour notice rule on catering but corporate got rid of that. It caused a lot of
    Problems on the daily. No one wants to make you a sandwich tray in the middle of a lunch rush.
    -The hourly wage was minimum.
    -The delivery team was a third party who kept 100% of the tips. Most of the drivers were really sketchy people and didn't communicate well the the sandwich makers.
    -We only got half of a small sub as an employee discount
    -Literally no advancement unless you want to
    open the store every morning or be a manager.
    -The security system from DTT literally makes you feel like you're in 1984 (George Orwell novel).

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a better hourly wage. Make them feel like they are a part of something and not just a wage slave.

5. "Decent Job, Horrible Management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Grove, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Grove, PA

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop part-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, nice customers. Decent job

Cons

Horrible management, horrible boss. Being made to do the same remedial tasks daily. Boss only cares about herself. Boss loves to pick on certain people because they don't know the new people.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Don't make up rules that you can't enforce. Get to know your employees better.

6. "Great people , great food"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Foxboro, MA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Foxboro, MA

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is fantastic, product is outstanding, fresh!

Cons

Location outside of Boston can make for slow times, stung growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow, we all want to grow with you!

7. "Shift Leader"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The food is delicious, and that's why they get two stars.
    - Aside from the food, the job is fairly easy.

Cons

- Management is TERRIBLE. I have no words to explain how disappointed I was with management by the time I left. All my boss cared about was money, not the well being of his employees. He assigned additional catering order through various channels which increased our workload for the exact same pay. No raise was in sight. In addition, my former boss was what people would classify as "the boss from hell". He was rude, cruel, selfish, and cared about no one else's opinion but his own. I left as soon as the best thing about that place, my manager (who was the opposite of my boss nightmarish leadership style), ended up switching stores. I had no reason to stay there any longer.
    - They do not provide free lunch for their employees, but they do give employees 50% off one sandwich.
    - Inconsiderate of employee's schedules.

Advice to Management

My biggest advice is to reconsider the people who are managing the store. They might be gone by now, but the main boss most likely is still there. There's a reason why two of the stores in my region have shut down. When employees are mistreated, motivation begins to lack, service suffers, and ultimately you lose customers. They are the reason why two stores have shut down in the San Diego region.

8. "I loved it"

Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was my favorite job. Easy job as well. Amazing food. Perfect job for college kids or high schoolers! Your staff is like family!

Cons

Not more than 25 hours. You get paid minimum wage which isn't okay for people living on their own. You don't move up at all.

9. "Crew Member"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Satisfying environment. Great food. Solid catering.

Cons

I don't get enough hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.

10. "Depends on the location"

Former Employee - Cook in Concordville, PA
    Former Employee - Cook in Concordville, PA

I worked at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Usually fun people to work with. Good food that I was happy to serve to customers

Cons

This is very specific to my location but the manager was too young, couldn't manage employees, was the center of all the drama and only hired his friends and girlfriend. He was incredibly unprofessional and it was shocking to me that he didn't have any general manger or higher up coming in and checking on him. Worst manager I've ever had but it did provide some great stories to tell around the dinner table and have a laugh at.

Advice to Management

Each store manager should be drug tested and have monthly reviews. Just because the store is doing well financially doesn't mean the work environment is stable or appropriate.

"Great company ready to Explode!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Capriotti's Sandwich Shop full-time

Pros

Talented team passionate about their brand! Passionate about their food! Passionate about quality! Passionate about their guests! Passionate about their Franchisees success!

Cons

Some in the organization don't live the values! If the value of "family" is important then treat everyone the same way. There is perceived favoritism by some and inequalities that should not exist. Need to be passionate about their employees who do the work for them!

Advice to Management

Stay true to who you are! Treat everyone with respect! More frequent pats on the back can go a long way with morale! Compensate people fairly and equally to today's standards. If you say something or commit to something stick to it. Some things have fallen through the cracks. Don't take it for granted that things are ok with morale..