Capstone Real Estate Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Grant Berkey, CPM

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Family oriented and very down to earth personable upper Management (in 7 reviews)

• Everyone is always willing to help each other out (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a family owned company and upper management is very weak (in 6 reviews)

• Not sure if these other reviews are jokes, but the corporate office is the most miserable work environment you will ever see (in 3 reviews)

1. "Our People Make It All Worthwhile!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Capstone offers employment opportunities for both entry-level and experienced employees. Many of my co-workers are like family and a family work environment is encouraged. Supportive of advancement for on-site teams. Upper management works with clients and portfolio supervisors to find the right fit. Corporate employees / department heads are easily accessible and are willing to help when asked. Flexible work hours and location. A large percentage of our middle and upper management employees have been with the company for many years.

Cons

No match to 401k. Costly group insurance costs for family members. Minimal support for involvement in local, state and national apartment associations. There is frequently not enough regional support for administrative tasks.

Advice to Management

Recognize the value of networking with other industry professionals and leaders for our regional teams. Invest in employees through seminars, workshops and industry designations. Offer more in-person training to on-site employees.

2. "Incredible organization"

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company that truly cares for their employees

Cons

All companies experience growing pains

3. "Great Corporate"

I worked at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time

Pros

Good company with good morals and with good benefits

Cons

Corporate was on top of things but need to pay closer attention to the entry level people.

4. "I am the happiest I have ever been working in multifamily."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and support for middle and upper management. I don't feel like a number, I feel valued and even upper management knows me by name. Other team members in the same or different roles are always willing to help me when needed. We all help each other be even more successful each day. Excellent pay and bonuses.

Cons

Our current Healthcare care plan option for adding family or dependents is expensive. Limited options are available for retirement in addition to 401k.

Advice to Management

Look into different healthcare options to reduce premiums for adding family members and dependents. Continue to allow existing team members opportunity for advancement.

Jul 27, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thanks! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time at Capstone. We will take your ideas into consideration. Thank you for being an integral part of the Capstone team.

5. "Great people to work with!"

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time

Pros

I am so glad to be a part of the Capstone Family-San Antonio Region. It's great to be appreciated for hard work and dedication-not just monetarily but verbally being told "Thank you for everything you do". Everyone pulls together as a team and helps the others when needed.

Cons

I don't have any real cons about working for Capstone.

6. "Great Leadership Support!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Upper Management is very supportive and always willing to help their property on site teams.

Cons

Health Care Package is not so Great but Bonuses Are!

Advice to Management

Better Health Coverage Package

Jul 27, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our goal is to provide the best support and resources for all of our team members to succeed. We will take your advice to heart.

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Christian Owners who pray for there employees.

Cons

The Corporate Office is in Austin Texas. Wish if it were closer.

Jul 27, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thanks for your "Great" review! We're fortunate to have you onboard for 5+ years. Thank you!

8. "Great Management Company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Capstone is a well organized company that offers their employees on line training classes, easy access to Supervisors and great communication amongst all employed with them. Capstone is based on great leadership, teamwork and awesome line of communication.

Cons

I have had no negative experience with this company.

Jul 26, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thanks for the great review — we’re happy you’re part of the team! Leadership, teamwork and communication are all very important to our culture. We are always striving to improve. Thanks again!

9. "Love what you do and love who you work with!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Work family environment, support driven company and a great place to work.

Cons

none to speak of now

Advice to Management

Great place to work and continue my career.

Jul 26, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your Capstone experience! We are fortunate to have you on board. Go Team!

10. "Capstone is the BEST management company you could work for!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in San Benito, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in San Benito, TX

I have been working at Capstone Real Estate Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was working as an assistant manager for a little less than a year when I was promoted to a Property Manager and received my very first property to manage. Capstone allows you to grow with in the company and they teach you so much. I have been with the company for 3 years and plan to remain for many more years to come.

Cons

I believe we should have better medical insurance coverage.

Advice to Management

Keep Promoting within!

Jul 26, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your great review! We are fortunate to have you as part of the Capstone Team!