KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CaptionCall

Engaged Employer

CaptionCall

Add a Review

CaptionCall Employee Reviews about "nice break"

Updated Sep 4, 2021

Found 34 of over 1,063 reviews

3.3
CaptionCall CEO Jorge Rodriguez (no image)
Jorge Rodriguez

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible scheduling and great for students.(in 75 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and super easy(in 65 reviews)
  • "Even management is great and fun here.(in 63 reviews)
  • "It's great for people who can't or don't want to work with a lot of physical duties.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good but you make less than part(in 37 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and can get very boring sometimes(in 115 reviews)
  • "Most time off options are between 11pm and 4am PST.(in 29 reviews)
  • "The lower level managers have no management training whatsoever and are just asking for a class action lawsuit.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Supervisors also have to take calls so its hard to get help.(in 22 reviews)
  • "If you stay more than a year, you get a $.09/year raise.(in 12 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CaptionCall and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "nice break"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Draining and no growth

Oct 24, 2018 - Communications Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supervisors tend to be nice Nice break rooms Easy to get hired Decent benefits for full time

Cons

They advertise that the job is good for students who want to study between calls but the downtime between calls went from 1 to 2 minutes when I first started to only a few seconds. You will be busy all day. The job content is that you sit in your cubicle and stare at your computer all day, dictating phone calls. You can't have a single thing to do. No coloring books, no puzzles, nothing. There are people who walk around and look at you to make sure there is nothing on your desk or else you get in trouble. You will be micromanaged constantly and treated like a child despite how mind numbingly simple and boring the job is. Due to the company's own policies and need to boost their numbers, you will find yourself captioning for people who clearly don't need the service and don't care about it whatsoever. I'd estimate that only 25% of the calls are actually using the service. No raises. 10 cents in 4 years isn't a raise. Heavy favoritism if you want to get promoted. Be ready for lots of office politics. Practically impossible to make friends and socialize. Fake stepford wives friendliness everywhere. The pay is barely better than fast food. Don't stay here any longer than you have to.

2. 4.0

Not bad

Mar 31, 2016 - Communications Assistant in Henderson, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Set schedule, not all over the place like retail & other call centers Nice employee perks Nice break room Decent management that cares about you Relatively laid back environment

Cons

Boring Very solitary Hard to get to know other employees, with the exception of your TLS (that being said, they do TRY to get people together and involved)

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0

Soul sucking and depressing

Aug 6, 2021 - Captioning Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

nobody disturbs or bothers you nice break and break areas

Cons

Soul sucking, depressing, training is unhelpful and management are very clique-y

4. 4.0

Decent work

Jul 3, 2018 - Communications Assistant in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

No dealing with customers Flexible work schedules Awesome break rooms

Cons

Feels like you're being watched by management all the time. Spend a lot of time alone.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent.

Jul 1, 2014 - Communications Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay for the work. Possibilities for advancement if you've proven committed long-term. Huge break room with a family room arrangement and Nintendo. Unlimited free coffee. Awesome benefits and PTO for full time. Friendly co-workers. Very clean and odorless office spaces.

Cons

Not many. Training may come difficult to some but it was intended to be that way. Not so much to weed out the capable from the incapable but to prepare you for the "worst scenario." However, you won't be hired if you can't get through training.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Communications Assistant

Aug 23, 2016 - Communications Assistant in Henderson, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours available. Competitive wage for call center job and more fun than the average call center job. Thorough training. Water bottle filling station in break room was awesome.

Cons

Hard to be social in my little cubicle. Shared desks/cubicles could get annoying with other people's mess left behind. Testing standards are VERY high and it's frustrating to work hard and still not pass on a regular basis. Not a normal call center job, it's much harder and have the right skill set to be good at it.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Anonymous

May 30, 2016 - Mentor Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Employee break room - 401k - Made a few lifelong friends

Cons

- Weird shifts - Still penalized for using sick time - Not very understanding of employees personal lives - Backstabbing - Micromanaging - High School drama - All managers and TL's have their own interpretation of the rules - Very strict schedule adherence and policies - Impossible to get time off. - No career advancement opportunities - Very monotonous and dull - MA team feels like a clique. I definitely feel like I don't belong and have actually considered requesting a demotion. My experience here was ruined as soon as I came to the MA team, specifically by two people. Immature, unprofessional behavior by certain coworkers and no respect for privacy. TLS played a prank on an elderly employee by providing false direction, then gave her a coaching because she performed a task wrong. Managers signed the coaching and laughed at her. - You are a slave to the company once you go full-time or gain any rank. - Was told I could still use PTO for a vacation that was approved while full-time, then given a coaching and forced to forfeit my floating holiday for being under hours because the manager said she never approved the time off and I put words in her mouth.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easy Job, Relaxed Environment

Aug 21, 2018 - Captioning Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting pay is good for the area, chance for a raise after you finish training. Everyone is very friendly, trainers are willing to help you however they can, training does a good job preparing you for the call floor, Supervisors are friendly and happy to work with you, Easy to leave early if you need to, Extra hours aren't hard to come by, very relaxed dress code. My center allows unnatural hair colors, piercings, and tattoos as long as they aren't offensive. Dress code is dress casual, you can get away with nice jeans and a nice shirt. Very nice break room.

Cons

You work alone most of the time (not a con if you're like me). Some of the calls can be bad quality and difficult to understand. If you are hired part time, I believe their is a wait list to move to full time. Can be hard to get Fridays or Mondays off, but there's always a chance someone will take your shift for you.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this place, except one thing

Mar 30, 2017 - Communications Assistant in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible. So flexible. There is a forum board where you can split up your shift, give apwpay time or apdd time with your coworkers from work or home. Everyone you work with is really nice, and fun too, even the managers. Beautiful, clean center with large windows and mountain view. Lots of benefits even for pt. You could work one day a month or five days a week. Get job if you're shy, you communicate mainly through IM and email. Also, its solitary but not lonely. Great break room with microwaves and fridges. Beautiful courtyard. Great opportunity cities to move up from communications assistant to mentor assistant to team lead supervisor. The manager michelle in the tucson center actually started out as a CA. They pay very well. 11.60 for pt and 12.76 for weekends or after seven pm. Great values. You can just tell everyone who works there is a good person.

Cons

For some legal reason, you can't put down your team leads or managers as references. So be sure to have a plan in place of you ever decide to leave and need some. I tink they should tell you this when they hire you. I'm using a print out of my annual performance review as my only professional reference. If you use your voice for anything else in your life, radio work, singing, teaching, etc I wouldn't recommend as you commit your voice to this job. You are talking a lot and you have to take care of your voice. It requires you to be aware of that factor.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Rewarding place to work!!

Jun 28, 2016 - Communications Assistant in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very rewarding work, especially since the new upgrades. You can hear our client on the other side of the call and so many of them are so appreciative of the service we offer. I take more pride in my job here than any other I've worked before. We truly offer a life-changing service for the hard-of-hearing. Nice job to have if you're in school. They work with your schedule. Test calls are easy and the break rooms are fantastic! Management and team leads are fair, flexible and honest. This job is also a nice springboard if you're looking to get into voice writing/broadcast captioning/CART (computer aided realtime translation) for the hard of hearing. I disagree with whoever said this job is a resume killer. CaptionCall is awesome! Love working there! :)

Cons

Isolating, not easy to make friends. You're supposed to take your stuff with you on your lunch break, which means setting up elsewhere if someone comes along and takes the desk you were working at. No benefits for part time, pay could be better, but it's not bad for the ease of the work we do. Would love a permanent desk, but even full timers don't have permanent stations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews