KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CarGurus

Engaged Employer

CarGurus

Add a Review

CarGurus Employee Reviews about "catered lunch"

Updated Apr 28, 2020

Found 16 of over 238 reviews

3.9
CarGurus CEO Jason Trevisan
Jason Trevisan
Pros
  • "Free lunch, travel covered, gym, monthly happy hours - the list goes on(in 22 reviews)

• "Great perks - Catered lunch, interesting problems to solve, lots of autonomy, great coworkers(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It felt like leadership mentally abandoned our existing product offerings to dealers(in 10 reviews)

• "There are not many cons here at CarGurus, but some areas of improvement would include our work from home policy, which is only two days per month(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "catered lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Internship Experience

Sep 27, 2019 - Sales Operations Intern in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team Exciting company growth Exciting Projects Friendly C-level executives Amazing perks (free catered lunch, IPA kegs)

Cons

None that I can think of. Salesforce technology was sometimes difficult but that was recently changed to be much better.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

RUN.

Jan 25, 2020 - Customer Success Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Among the many that have been listed, you have catered lunch every day (M,W,F is full service catering, and T and Th are drop off days), endless snacks in both kitchens, along with parking/T pass benefits. They do 401K match, and you get a yearly bonus. You are awarded stock (RSU's), and the amount can vary based on how much you earn at the time of hire.

Cons

At my time of hire, diversity numbers were rather low. There were, and still are, very low numbers in regard to women, people of color, as well as women of color. That can be extremely discouraging to someone who is interested in establishing a career at CarGurus. There is a high degree of nepotism, and opportunities for advancement are limited, unless you're interested in sales, then take your pick. If you're not interested in high school drama, condescending personalities or self-serving managers, I'd suggest you run. By all means, avoid Customer Success, Co-Op and those who manage them.

3 people found this review helpful

CarGurus Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for leaving us your candid feedback. Every employee’s experience is valid and it’s especially important to listen to the feedback that’s difficult to hear. We’re all accountable of our diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives and polices. We’ve taken a lot of action to make sure CarGurus is a diverse organization by implementing the Rooney Rule, ensuring unbiased hiring behaviors, and working with our DIBs teams to ensure best practices are maintained throughout the hiring process. I also want to acknowledge your experience of not feeling respected by senior management. Please reach out to me at any time if you want to talk about your experiences at aeldridge@cargurus.com or speak with your HRBP. Thank you again for your feedback and for all your work at CarGurus.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits, immature management, weird structure

Apr 28, 2020 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great here, they truly take care of their employees in all respects, the people are incredibly intelligent for the most part, the offices in Cambridge was clean, well maintained, the catered lunches are fantastic (a big benefit, it had to be called out separately), the projects are engaging when you're paired with the right people, and people love to collaborate together, which is great to see.

Cons

Management is quite strange here, they promote people that shouldn't be managers, especially on the engineering side. The company is engineer heavy, and white male engineer heavy. Barely any women representation, generally speaking little PoC representation in the company. They hired someone to fix this, but it feels forced and very inauthentic. They're also hilariously against WFH, for no reason beyond the CEO being hyper-focused with the idea that this is still a 50 person startup. People need flexibility, every tech company is open about this, being against it and offering benefits to compensate for this seems really sour. There is no process either, people do whatever they want with little to no accountability on their work. There is little to no movement in your career path, no matter how many times you voice it, your manager gives empty promises, like someone said, they already know who they want for management, but don't say anything. If you're trying to make a longterm career out of this place, you have to be a white male engineer to last, or by some chance, have made friends with the right people. Otherwise, this is a nice resume spot, with good pay, then you move onto another place.

4 people found this review helpful

CarGurus Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for providing detailed and constructive feedback, it’s great to hear that our benefits exceeded your expectations. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an ongoing change effort across all areas of our business, including engineering. We are working diligently to better diversify our workforce, improve our compensation and promotion practices, and support the growth and development of all managers and ICs. Like many businesses, COVID-19 has required us to adapt, and we’re working to be as transparent as possible with our community through weekly updates, more frequent Town Halls, and other channels. With adaptation comes growth – including in our hiring practices, plans, and WFH options – and we look forward to more positive change to come. Again, I appreciate your feedback and encourage you to reach out to discuss anything further at aeldridge@cargurus.com.

4. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fun internship, great benefits

Sep 15, 2019 - Sales Development Intern in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked across departments and learned a lot, great culture, aweseome people, and free catered lunch!

Cons

Had some busy work (data cleanup)

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Shiny Car Broken Engine

Jan 24, 2018 - Account Executive in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunch, nice colleagues, good benefits, outings, fun culture. All these pros makes working at CarGurus a fun exciting place to be. I made a lot of friends here and that’s what kept me coming back to work each day. It used to be a lot better back in 2016 early 2017 but after a revolving door of managment and new leaders in sales the whole atmosphere completely changed for the worst.

Cons

Managment is absolutely awful! Not saying every manager is terrible but majority are immature and not qualified to lead teams. They are promoted within due to a lack of options which creates inexperience account executives leading teams of mostly inexperienced sales reps. Expect to be micromanaged each and everyday with meetings after meetings filled with non sense and filler so the managers can prove they provide value when in reality they do not. Also expect to be asked if you even want to work at CarGurus even though people work long hours and stay late constantly. Also make sure you pick up that phone all day or you will hear “do you know how much money you make? Earn your paycheck”. Moral across the sales floor was always so low and everyone always looked miserable. Another issue is that CG signed up basically ever car dealer so there is a serious lack of prospects to sign but upper managment would tell you differently. If you are looking at positions that do not revolve a quota or sales then CarGurus is great but if you are thinking of applying to a sales role I would think twice.

9 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

This is a great place to work!

May 15, 2018 - Manager in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CG offers all the usual benefits that attract workers to Cambridge: game room, catered lunches, beer (and cold brew) on tap, happy hours, company outings, etc, but it also appeals to those more interested in benefits like medical, dental, vision, tuition assistance, matching 401(k), profit sharing (by way of RSUs), etc. And for those looking for a career that's equal parts challenging and rewarding, CarGurus could be a perfect fit. In just a few years, the company has grown from startup with a handful of people in a small office to over 600 people in two beautiful offices in Cambridge. In addition, we have offices in Canada and Dublin, and our service is now running in Germany, Italy, and Spain. Our rapid company growth has required the development of a very efficient career path process.

Cons

EVERY company has issues. Look hard enough and you'll find some things you'd like to change here, too. Overall, the few annoyances we cope with are insignificant in the big picture.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly a great place to work!

Jun 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Free, Hot Catered Lunches -Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks -Beautiful, open-concept office -Free Gym Membership at Cambridge Athletic Club -Biweekly Happy Hours -MBTA Pass/Parking at Galleria -Tuition Reimbursement as of Day 1 -Medical Dental Vision as of Day 1 -16 Weeks of Maternity Leave -4 Weeks of Paternity Leave -Dry Cleaning drop off/pick up -Manicurist/Barber Visits

Cons

The only con that I could think of is that they didn’t offer a 401(k) match, but we asked, they listened, and there’s finally a company match!

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Quite possibly the best employer in Boston

Apr 3, 2016 - Massachusetts in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's the best place I've ever worked and I've had several jobs at tech companies post college. Amazing benefits, catered lunch everyday, gym membership, they pay for my T pass, beer on tap everyday, tons of snacks, really great culture overall.

Cons

The company is growing insanely fast, which is great, but it is constantly changing and you need to be ready to switch your desk once every few months or so. Not the worst thing in the world by any means.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Customer Success

Oct 6, 2016 - Customer Success Specialist in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very competitive pay - Great company benefits - Fun, friendly culture - Awesome, growing company that only keeps growing - Support with commuting - Daily catered lunch and an awesome, stocked kitchen - Happy hours every other week

Cons

Sometimes, with the size of the company and how quickly it is growing, communication can get difficult but that isn't really a big issue. Communication is typically fairly good.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great Sales Environment

Feb 26, 2015 - Account Specialist in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

CarGurus has a very relaxed sales environment. Management works hard to make sure every person is hitting their full potential. Goals are challenging but realistic and obtainable. There are flexible hours and catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday. Great benefits- gym membership, commuter compensation, weekly happy hours, etc.

Cons

Not too many cons... It is difficult to find parking around some of the offices. Not too much growth opportunity but since the company is growing, this will change.

4 people found this review helpful