CarSense Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2021

4.8
CarSense CEO Roger Penske
Roger Penske
Pros
  • "There was a Christmas Luncheon held in place of our annual Christmas Party (due to covid-precautions)(in 24 reviews)

• "We have such a great work environment(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Even when they have us working long hours at times, they still make us feel appreciated in the end(in 10 reviews)

• "However is it above and beyond any other dealership no(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Incredible Company, Exciting Job

Oct 27, 2020 - Inventory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of good things to say about Carsense, not sure how it all fits in a review. I've been with the company for about 8 years now, and I enjoy going to work day in and day out. I am challenged, I'm excited to learn and grow and improve myself and the company, and every day brings something a little new. It is nice to have the security of my job, in a company that is not only growing quickly, but excels at what they do in all departments. They stand behind and act out their values, like honesty and integrity, and respecting each other. It is a great team atmosphere, and people get along with each other and succeed together. We work hard but always find time to have some fun and get along. I have never had an issue taking time off or calling out because I needed to be home for family. Carsense has always been very flexible and understanding, which is incredibly important to me. They treat me like family, and I know they are respectful of my home life and work balance. Being able to have that balance between work and home life only helps me to be a better worker and pushes me to want to do more for the company. I miss the annual outing to Hershey (so did my kids), but what they did to stay open and keep people with the company during Covid is even more impactful. The way I was treated before, during, and after the thick of when the economy closed down, and Carsense had to fight to remain open, showed how much they valued the people that work for them. I am very thankful to be one of those employees of Carsense. I'm looking forward to many more years at Carsense, promotions, challenges, and hopefully more company events like the Christmas party, store lunches, and Hershey. They do so much for us that they don't have to. It's nice to be appreciated and recognized, and they make sure you are!

Cons

Like every job, there are stressful moments, long days, and unexpected obstacles that come up. I’ve worked jobs that I dreaded and hated, and it is hard to keep going back in day after day. Even after a bad day at Carsense, I still want to turn around and go back in the next morning to fix a problem, overcome an issue, and work alongside my colleagues. Nothing is perfect, but I genuinely look forward to where Carsense is heading, and where it will take me.

CarSense Response

First and foremost, thank you very much for your contributions to CarSense, and for taking the time to leave such a heart-felt review! It’s always great to hear from a long-time associate that our culture is strong and thriving! The amazing can-do attitude of yours is what makes CarSense different from other workplaces. This year has definitely been filled with challenges, yet we are getting through it together. We are looking forward to returning to celebrating success with team building activities like Hershey Park, Movie Tavern and Spa days!. In the meantime, please reach out to HR with any ideas you have for fun events. We want to hear from you! CarSense will continue to grow and strengthen with outstanding associates like you on our team. Keep doing what you’re doing each and every day!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

One Big Family!!

Feb 26, 2021 - F&I Manager in Robinson, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For many years, Carsense has changed the automotive industry not only by the way the shopping experience has been improved, but how the employees of the company are valued and treated on a daily basis compared to every other traditional car dealer

Cons

None to speak of at this time!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Feb 10, 2021 - Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is doing very well

Cons

Efficiency is not up to par

VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thank for the feedback! Pls let us know how we can improve the efficiently. Glad management is is viewed so well.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Uniquely Positive Environment

Feb 5, 2021 - Sales Associate in Glen Mills, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management team that actually cares about your success, as well as your life outside of work.

Cons

Pay structure is not as competitive as other similar companies.

VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the kind words. So glad to hear our managers are showing the CarSense love. We are always looking at our compensation packages and ways to improve. Pls let us know if you have any additional thoughts or ideas.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent place to work

Feb 8, 2021 - Sales Associate in Mount Holly, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the people I worked with

Cons

-No one should have to work every Saturday -micromanaged

VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thank you for the post. I agree. we do love our associates. Feels like family. Not sure of your situation, retail sales or service but happy to discuss the schedule and any work/life balance adjustments that may be needed. Any insight on the PTO would be greatly appreciated. We want you to recharge and take the approved PTO time off. Love to hear more.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Worst Company I've EVER worked for

Feb 18, 2021 - Director of First Impressions
      Business Outlook

Pros

The customers are treated well

Cons

I have never worked for such a messed up company. They keep it quiet when employees have Covid, they don't do contact tracing or sanitize, and if they do sanitize it would be after we leave and at that point it doesn't matter cause we've all touched what they touched anyways. They NEVER close for snow days they just put their employees in danger they don't care. They don't trust ANYONE, you are CONSTANTLY watched by someone and can't do ANYTHING by yourself, the corporate guys actually remind me of cult members. Penske Corp is a HORRIBLE corporation to work for, they are rich and don't care about the little guys. They constantly beg employees to write good surveys and everytime they do anything nice for employees they remind you to make sure you write a review and let everyone know they did something nice for you... ummm guys that's not how that works....

CarSense Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Learning where we can improve only helps to make us better. We are committed to a safe workplace for all associates. We adhere to CDC guidance relative to wiping down touchpoints multiple times per day, mask and social distancing requirements, and notifying associates whenever they may have come in contact with someone who has tested positive (although HIPAA rules and regulations require us to keep the identities of the associates confidential.) We understand that you may have had to make a few tough decisions during inclement weather. This is why we have a generous PTO policy for all associates. If you don’t feel comfortable driving in the weather, it’s OK to not come in. Even if you have no PTO left, you are welcome to take the day without pay. The safety of our associates has always been a top priority. We would never want you to feel as though leaving positive reviews is a requirement. We solicit all feedback from our associates, as we feel negative or constructive feedback can only help us improve as a company and especially as a culture. We’re always interested in hearing how we can do better. But we’re sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way. Please reach out to our HR department so that we can get an understanding of your frustrations and concerns. We are always willing to partner with our associates to have a better understanding of any issues that may arise. Thank you again for the feedback and look forward to speaking with you soon.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Dealership I have worked for!

Dec 21, 2020 - Accounting in Chester Springs, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work as a team so help is always available, There is plenty of opportunity for advancement, CarSense cares about their employees and supports you if they can. I feel appreciated through the Team building Fun days, Christmas time gifts, employee of the year, management is not shy on telling you that they appreciate everything you do.

Cons

I have found non of these yet.

CarSense Response

We love to have fun at CarSense and carry the work as a team. Great to hear that you feel supported and you know the opportunities for growth are available. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

CarSense has been so good to me!!

Dec 21, 2020 - Management in Glen Mills, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CarSense has always been there for me both on a professional and personal level. Awesome work environment coupled with amazing team work makes it great to come to work. The culture here is sincerely great. I am thankful to be part of it!

Cons

None that come to mind. The pros always outweigh the cons.

CarSense Response

What a fantastic review! We strive for that balance of work and fun. Investing in associates such as yourself is what makes all of us great. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that cares

Dec 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. Everyone makes an effort to make others feel included and valuable. Executives treat everyone with kindness and respect.

Cons

The hours can be long at times, but that's just the way things are in the car business. They always make sure you're taken care of though, buying food for the office if we need to work late and things like that.

CarSense Response

First of all, thank you for your hard work and for taking the time to leave this review. Sometimes the hours can be long, and it is awesome you see the fun sprinkled in there as the “thank you” for it. Kindness and respect is what we do here!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

fun

Jan 1, 2021 - Branchg Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

helpful, work, hard, learning, marketing

Cons

too much time that I had to miss vacation

CarSense Response

Thank you for taking time to leave this review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time at CarSense. I’m sorry to hear you had to miss vacation, and I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 321 English Reviews