KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

CarShop Employee Reviews about "carshop"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 31 of over 658 reviews

4.6
CarShop Chairman and CEO Roger Penske
Roger Penske

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of CarShop and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "carshop"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Awesome Company

Jan 1, 2021 - Used Vehicle Buyer in Wolverhampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Without doubt the best company I have worked for in the Motor Trade. They have a great brand image. The Directors and Management teams have a clear direction in what they wish to achieve which makes Carshop very successful. The company looks after their staff incredibly well with great communication. You really do feel part of a successful team. The team of people I work with are also brilliant . I have recently bought a car through Carshop and I was seriously impressed with how the cars were prepared and presented and how well we and the other customers were looked after. Highly recommend.

Cons

Should have joined the company sooner.

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback! Wishing you and your family a safe and peaceful New Year.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

THE BEST THERE IS

May 12, 2021 - Sales Manager in Hatfield, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is very cognizant of the 'work/life' dynamic, and its culture proves it. I have been in the automotive business for 20 years, and could not have found a better company to work for. The employees are simply the BEST there is. CarShop is one big family working together to actually help people and build friendships.

Cons

I wouldn't have been here for over 10ys if there were any!

CarShop Response

I agree- CarShop associates are the BEST! Work/life balance and the culture we work so hard to grow and maintain are key to retaining great team members such as yourself. We are all a family helping each other out along the way. Thank you for taking time to leave a fantastic review and for your many years of dedication. Here's to many more!

3. 5.0

Great Company to Work for

Apr 7, 2022 - Senior Service Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in my current position as a Senior for 3 years with CarShop (Sytner owned) I can honestly say its the best company I have worked for in my career so far, the commission targets are achievable, the teams & management are all great & friendly to work with, there's a positive atmosphere with in the showroom. I have full support from the management when needed & there is scope to progress within & training is offered for staff members. Holiday entitlement is great & goes up with length of service. There are also great perks & added extras through an engage portal - discounts & points to use for shopping & entertainment / restaurants. I would definitely would recommend CarShop if you are looking to progress your career with in the motor trade.

Cons

None! Great company to work for.

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 8, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Warrington, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management are Great. They are very supportive and they care about their employees. Everyone who works at the CarShop are really nice and outgoing. They have good processes in place to help staff and customers. It can be a very fun place to work and very rewarding. Everyone wants the best for each other.

Cons

No Cons, great place to work

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not all heroes wear capes

Sep 20, 2019 - Consultant in Doncaster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are over 500 employees at Carshop Donaster and the employers and team leaders find time for every one of them whenever its needed. Carshop has more opportunities to develop and grow within the business than any other company iv worked for. Management will go out of its way to ensure that the colleague experience is the most important thing because they understand that people work at their best when they enjoy what they're doing.

Cons

The only reason anyone would have a problem with the way the company works would be if they're not willing to do the best job they can and allow others to help them reach that.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

World Class

May 9, 2020 - Business Manager in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for CarShop has always been a pleasure, fantastic training from day one and constant support and coaching. This company has never been the one that just 'pays the bills' for me. I have only recently decided to review them myself due to them raising the bar during the coronavirus pandemic. Wherever I look, whether this be friends, family or social media, there are so many people struggling and this inevitably causes doubt and anxiety. I can now safely say that CarShop have truly delivered in providing myself and my family with the reassurance and financial backing we so desperately needed in these unprecedented times. The health and wellbeing has been proved to be of their upmost concerns and the plans they have shown to keep colleagues safe upon our (eventual) return to work only cements in my mind the care they have for our current and future colleagues.

Cons

The only downside to working here I would say is sometimes the hours can be unsociable. However, this has never been a huge problem for us as a family as balancing work and life is a struggle in most jobs nowadays. On the other hand, any other business in this trade I believe are just as unsociable and in most cases, more unsociable. For example, working weekends is a must in all motor trade outlets I have encountered, so no major negatives

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

No Regrets

Apr 29, 2021 - Brand Experience Manager in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

After working for a big electrical retailer for the past 20 years I was so apprehensive about moving into the car trade. My concerns soon turned to excitement when I started at CarShop. I have been made to feel part of the family and that's exactly what CarShop are about, colleagues and customers. I have been supported all through my probation and would encourage all potential employees to take the plunge. CarShop encourage growth and promote from within as well as externally. I have been lucky to be part of a new store opening and have witnessed the journey all our new starers have gone through. CarShop really do care and that's something that is rare in many employers these days. I would and will happily recommend CarShop as a great employer.

Cons

Chocolate Friday's are no good when your on a diet :)

Continue reading

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your amazing feedback!

8. 5.0

Exceptional colleague care

May 7, 2020 - Assistant Central Accounts Manager in Wakefield, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Carshop genuinely care and consider their colleagues and teams across the UK. They couldn’t have looked after their teams better through this terrible lockdown and I feel proud to work for such a great company.

Cons

There aren’t any negatives about this company

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Carshop Sytner

Dec 19, 2020 - Business Manager in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every year there's a pay change and I think it's safe to say every year we are all Dreading to see what it's going to change too as every year since I've been here the pay has gone down, down and down.😔 Well what a pleasant suprise this morning. 🙌 Thank you Carshop for the pay rise! I really wasn't expecting that, especially with all that's gone on with Covid and all the temporary store closures. What a great company to work for! Really investing in its staff and still looking after us after everything that's gone on. This change of leadership is a breath of fresh air and very encouraging. I feel really proud to be working for carshop Sytner. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Nigel and all the board of directors 🙌 Have a great x mas all ❤️ THANK YOU 🤗 X

Cons

As with any sales job working until 8pm some days and working weekends could be a problem for alot of people but I'm happy and use to it

Continue reading

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

10. 5.0

Support for Employees.

May 11, 2020 - Customer Consultant in Ashton-under-Lyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at the CarShop in January this year. After a few months the country went into lockdown. Where usually people who are new to a company would worry about job security and pay. The carshop made sure I knew about job security and ensured I was safe. Since we’ve been in lockdown the CarShop community has been positive and the colleague pages have been full of group activities. The company has supported pay packages throughout the lockdown and made sure all colleagues have been thoroughly looked after. I couldn’t thank CarShop enough for how they have treated us throughout this difficult time.

Cons

None None None None None None

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews