KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

CarShop Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated May 25, 2021

Found 38 of over 659 reviews

4.6
CarShop Chairman and CEO Roger Penske
Roger Penske

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and every weekend(in 17 reviews)
  • "Some long days & can occasionally be stressful due to customer visits, weekend working required for most roles but understandable due to the nature of the business.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of CarShop and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good fun place to work with a family feel

May 11, 2021 - Customer Consultant in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to earn good money if you put the work in and fun place to work

Cons

Long hours and working weekends

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your fantastic feedback!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Internal Development Oppertunites

Sep 23, 2019 - Retail Operations Manager Designate in Swindon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always looking to improve colleague and customer experience. passionte about evolving the car industry. Helping customers see a different way of purchasing. great training, rewards and benefit packages. Plenty of development for internal colleagues and promotion oppertunities are frequent.

Cons

Can be long hours and you to be a welcomer of change.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fab company :)

May 13, 2020 - Detailer in Warrington, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Carshop for just over 12 months and have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I work with a fantastic group of people and a great management team who strive for the best for not only the company but also their employees. Carshop have been amazing during the Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring all staff are fully supported and continually updated on what is happening. There appears to be more and more focus on communication within the company and with helping those that wish to progress and develop the opportunities to do so.

Cons

It is long hours but I do feel the rewards are competitive. Feel that the opportunities to develop and progress still require some work as great as they are now they are still somewhat limited.

4. 3.0

Great looking business, from

May 25, 2021 - Retail Manager in Warrington, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary and Car Allowance are competitive Simple and easy sales process

Cons

Long hours as open until 8pm and beyond depending on customers needs. No such thing as a day off

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and provide your feedback. Please feel free to contact me on fiona.cottle@carshop.co.uk if you would like to discuss anything further. Thank you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Opportunities

May 25, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities, fantastic senior management team, proper career progression for the right people, excellent earning potential. Honestly in my opinion (and I have worked main dealer and supermarket), CarShop has the best opportunities and pay in the motor trade.

Cons

Long hours and every weekend - but thats when we earn our money

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your feedback, positivity is contagious so stay happy

6. 4.0

Good career progression

Oct 16, 2020 - Business Manager in Doncaster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career progression, company car scheme is ok, brand new every 3 months but allowance isn't great.

Cons

Working weekends and long hours

People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your positive feedback! As you know, weekend work goes with the industry and can't be avoided, however, there is an opportunity to book some weekend days off during the year as you know. We are currently taking steps to see how we can improve this even further along with overall weekly working hours. Thank you.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for, great ppl to work with, great benefits.

Dec 16, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, enjoy coming to work everyday, concept of the business

Cons

Long hours ( which are a no brainer in this business!)

VP of Personnel and Culture Development

I would agree, our work environment is awesome. I too enjoy coming to work each day----- most days anyway :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

10 YEARS WITH THE CARSHOP!

Mar 2, 2018 - Retail Manager in Swindon, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of staff that have been with the business a long time which gives it a real family feel. Progression is more often internal. Lots of personal development opportunities. Huge number of staff benefits including company car options. Can be a great buzz and time often flies.

Cons

Can be long hours and on your feet all day. Must have a positive mind set as things may not always go your way.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the review - good to see you living our values and always Being Determined!

9. 5.0

Senior sales

Feb 14, 2018 - Deputy Business Manager in Doncaster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast peace envitonment, every day is different. Great package for hard work, big earning potential

Cons

Long working hours but well worth it

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it's good to see people doing well and taking advantage of the internal progression opportunities!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

CarSense, a company I would suggest to any friend who is looking for a job.

Dec 16, 2013 - Sales Consultant in Mount Holly, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, Profit sharing is incredible and CarSense loves to hire from within. A place where they expect you to grow and give you the tools and training to do so.

Cons

Say goodbye to any kind of life outside of work. They expect you to work hard and long hours but they also will compensate you handsomely if you do all the right things. During the busy seasons it is very hard to have any kind of work/life balance.

VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Great post! Some associates want to be notified on their day off and some do not. I guess just let your direct manager know how you would prefer to work and we can make the adjustment. Let me know how it works out.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews

Popular Careers with CarShop Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CarShop? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

1 days ago

Culture
Please join me in congratulating Amy D. in her promotion to Area Controller of CarShop! Amy brings a wide variety of skills and expertise to her new role. Amy joined CarShop in 2008 as a Delivery Coordinator and then earned a promotion to Finance Assistant in Hatfield. When we expanded into Pittsburgh in 2012, Amy transferred from the Philadelphia market to help open the Cranberry Finance Office. Nearly 2 years later, Amy volunteered to take her expertise to the Robinson location to ensure another successful store launch. With both Pittsburgh stores firmly established, Amy moved back to Chester Springs several years ago as an Accounting Manager. Now her journey continues as the Area Controller where she will now lead CarShop’s Accounting team. Amy is another prime example of a hard-working, exceptional associate who has earned multiple promotions and has ascended to a key position within CarShop. Congratulations Amy and we look forward to your continued success!

CarShop Photos

+ Add Photo
CarShop photo of: Ramadan Fair
CarShop photo of: CarShop Hatfield Team Building Event 4/15/22
CarShop photo of: Tyler Adams, CarShop South Brunswick Employee of the Year 2021
CarShop photo of: Joe Buemi, CarShop Glen Mills Employee of the Year 2021