CarTrawler "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor

CarTrawler Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Sep 24, 2019

2.9
CarTrawler CEO Cormac Barry
Cormac Barry
Pros
  • "The work needs to be done and it is fast paced but the balance of hard work and social interaction makes this much easier(in 22 reviews)

• "There's a great social scene with very active sports and social(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management who like patting themselves on the back but are not interested in what you do or feel(in 7 reviews)

• "Call centre can be challenging with some negative calls, underlying technology & processes needs innovation(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Team manager - Cartrawler"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. Good career progression opportunities Fast moving ever changing environment

Cons

Lack of structure as senior management level which was emphasized as the company grew

CarTrawler2019-09-24

"Robot work in the CCE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free fruit & cereal. Excellent coffee I learned how good my 2nd language skills are after 2 months because you had to think very fast on your feet. Unfortunately that only lasted a certain amount of time. After a number of months you got bored and my language skills went to pieces as I became less and less interested in the job.

Cons

Salary - very poor in relation to other companies No bonus if you work in car sales or insurance. No matter how much you sell you are not going to get more money. However if you don't "sell" enough you will be told about it. Micro-management. If you love having Big Brother watching your productivity, watching if you come in on time and also watching the clock all the time then the CCE is for you Don't believe what the recruitment consultant says at the beginning or during the interview to make it feel better. This is call-centre work and there is no variety. They will do their very best to put a good spin on it to get you in. It increases their bonus and languages like German or French are needed! If you have a certain language ie German, French then forget about advancement. You are stuck doing the robot's job. I had a manager who had no people skills who tried his very best to intimidate me. It failed as I gave as good as I got. It led to myself and others leaving. This is typical for management at the CCE. The last good people's manager left last week A terrible atmosphere on the floor - like in a graveyard. People hardly speak to eachother and even though we had 2 languages in the same team, we were never introduced to eachother or get to talk Management who if they felt I did did something wrong would go to my manager directly and not to myself. It felt like I was in school again as a naughty pupil You are just an number. Nobody cares what you do. I spent a whole afternoon preparing for a interview. Nobody asked me what I was doing. Senior management who like patting themselves on the back but are not interested in what you do or feel. The CEO sends weekly emails about what his family is up to - who cares? You feel like a 2nd class citizen in CarTrawler. All the other departments are so much better paid. They go in groups to the canteen to have lunch. CCE employees have a half hour so have to rush to get something to eat.

CarTrawler2019-08-27

"Avoid like the plague"

I worked at CarTrawler

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

People team (HR) can pick whoever the choose based on their on personal feelings no matter how the individual performs their work. High turnover of staff as people cannot stick the toxic atmosphere that the people team/ HR have created within the company. Senior management continues to allow the bullies to exist in the firm despite this ongoing problem.

CarTrawler2016-11-06

"On the decline"

I worked at CarTrawler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were some genuinely lovely people working there and trying hard to add to the declining atmosphere in a growing company

Cons

Overall I don't think the company knows what it's doing or what it wants. Senior management and executive team think that a constant change of mind is good but give very little ability to complete anything. Huge amounts of good ideas and projects were half competed and abandoned because there was another shiny option and very little was getting done. Communication was not good in some departments and managers there did nothing to change despite constant feedback and offers of help from other teams. This was not everywhere. Benefits are quite poor despite what you will be told and salaries and complete lack of reviews were becoming a farce. The fake smiles from senior management telling you how lucky you were to work there was undermined by the constant reminder that you were still not hitting unachievable targets. Long standing dedicated staff have headed for the door because they were not being listened to and appreciated. The message seemed to be that you could be replaced.

CarTrawler2016-07-18

"Avoid"

in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CarTrawler for more than a year

Pros

Good social scene after work / free breakfast (if you are in from 7.30 am) / modern building

Cons

They will wear you down over time with increased pressure. Opportunity to rise through the ranks is dependent on you being "in" with management... very "clicky" at senior management level. Number of irrelevant meetings will drive you insane. Company got too big too quickly and it lost at lot of its appeal as a nice place to work.

CarTrawler2015-09-01

"Bad management, avoid the customer care"

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary is good, that's why people join the company

Cons

I can only talk about the customer service department, not sure about the other areas. When the job was offered they promised a lot of things and made the job look good but it's actually terrible. The training last for a month and you leave the room not knowing anything. The whole training thing is very dated and doesn't prepare anyone to deal with customers. I had to use all skills I learned on previous jobs and ignore everything that was said in those 4 weeks of useless information. The car rental customers are very particular and a lot can go wrong but you're not prepared to deal with them and provide a good customer experience. I hear people screaming to customers because they are so frustrated with the work conditions there that they can't provide good service. When on the floor you can clearly see that there are no standards and anything goes as long you take a lot of calls and reply to emails at the same time. The managers are very inexperient and don't help at all. Some of them are even rude and wierd. Avoid this company unless you're desparate for a job, then you should join for a few months like me. The senior management comes up with some horrible ideas to try to improve the conditions but it always fail. Who hire this people?

CarTrawler2015-08-17
  7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at CarTrawler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CarTrawler has a great culture - I've worked for similar companies in the past and CarTrawler is the first one to nail the link between a happy workforce and the companys success. Excellent career advancement opportunities for the hard-workers. Overall , its a great company to work for and has very clear goals and growth expectations.

Cons

I think the senior management could spent more time on the factory floor getting 1-to-1 feedback that they can use - in addition to townhall meetings or engagement surveys.

CarTrawler2015-06-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews