Caradigm Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Caradigm Chief Executive Officer and President Neal Singh
Neal Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible workplace and schedule to help with work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• I work with many talented people on a product that is in the forefront of the population health industry (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of vision, Reorgs, work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• F) upper management from vp level causing people to get out of the company by making their life difficult at work (in 8 reviews)

1. "Not so bad"

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team players that want to do the right thing for the product and customers.

Cons

Little insight into leadership decision making process. Little ability to advance professionally.

Advice to Management

Communicate to teams more frequently

2. "WORST CULTURE and MANAGERS"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Next to transit center and downtown Bellevue

Cons

Managers will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to get away with things. This fosters a culture where your coworker will backstab you as well

Advice to Management

Just shut the company down and let go the CEO

3. "Just got our lunch eaten..."

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Acquired by the market leader

Cons

Professional Services leadership has no clue how to execute and delight customers.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with your top talent.

4. "Flexible hours and great people"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time

Pros

Flexibility and great people to work with. The cross functional teams collaborate with each other and help out as needed.

Cons

Changing environment that makes hard to stay motivated.

Advice to Management

Don't push your employees to the edge. They are the ones who made Caradigm shine.

5. "Shrinking company"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, interesting projects, worthwhile original mission

Cons

Corporate problems, shrinking workforce, trouble finding business direction

Advice to Management

Need clear vision, realistic goals

6. "Game over and time to move on"

I have been working at Caradigm (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

Complete lack of leadership from the CEO who believes you can simply cut staffing to achieve profit. Now they don't have enough resources to deliver. Quality of product deteriorated in past 12 months

Advice to Management

Remove the CEO and find someone who understands management.

"Cut the crap ..Caradigm"

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flexibility and remote work
    Benefits - health, PTO etc
    Healthy snacks - free

Cons

A) too many program managers..it's like literally 1:1 ratio to devs. In a typical scrum you would have 2 pms , one architect, Dev manager and 1 full time Dev and offshore vendors. The person performing actual work would be Dev and vendor while people directing will be so many.. it's so expensive to have so many managers for too little work. You can imagine to get a dollar revenue company has to pay so many people. No wonder i was in losses and in red.

B) matrix organisation where you don't know who your actual boss was. As there is pressure from persons other than your line manager to get stuff done.

C) hiring program managers when we are really short of devs..not sure who is the decision maker here but he needs to be applauded and deserves a prize for taking caradigm into losses(red).
    D) no innovation whatsoever. Every few months after restructuring layoff, people spend weeks planning their existence and to present something to management to justify their existence without real resourcing needs taken into account.

E) too many vice president/director hierarchy for such a small company is helping company sink faster in terms of losses. Imagine why do we need for a 50 odd company strength to reach CEO 4 levels. Dev-devdirector-vp-vp -ceo.
    F) upper management from vp level causing people to get out of the company by making their life difficult at work.
    G) no efforts or encouragement to retain best people. It feels as if somebody quits the managers celebrate within themselves thinking their job and bonuses are secure.
    H) constant playing with sentiments of customers where in what is promised is either never coming or delivered when they no longer need it.

Advice to Management

A) reduce pm strength. We need a CEO managing Dev managers and Dev. We only need 2 pms and no more..reason being no innovation and only sustained engg.
    B) we need more accountability from our so called office of architects and people responsible for creating that. We need to ensure there is output from those people which bring value to customers
    C)improve current product and change your vision to just do SE work which will help company go long way.
    D) company will at least breakeven because Vps have ensured they drove out people by their selfishness.
    E)there is no need for so many people for customer support. Make half of them on innovating and put vendors on customer care. Make PMs technical PMS where they should handle smaller issues and ensure devs are not randomized.
    F) make use of implementation architects . I have never seen full involvement from them during my time. Either they are remote and they never respond to their peers unless direction comes from their boss.
    G) make PMs as quality advocates by asking them to perform validation on behalf of customers.

It is as if the CEO knows everything but powerless to deal with situation since GE does not let the person work independently.

8. "It would now be best absorbed into GE Healthcare"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The products have the potential to make such a difference in Healthcare, it was great when they were implemented well. The majority of people who work there are very dedicated and great people to work with.

Cons

The constant change. Seperate companies mergered into Microsoft HSG, and then Caradigm as joint venture with GE, and now just GE, has meant the vision has been lost and key products have been under invested in and under valued.

Advice to Management

Merge with GE Healthcare fully and invest in using the IAM products to make the Centricity products and CIP a fully integrated solution. Some of the Centricity products have the built in ability to integrate with IAM already, just due to the mergers and changes, this integration that was added 10+ years ago has been forgotten. CIP and IAM are both amazing product sets and could be healthcare world leaders (again ).

"Slow, torturous ending for what was once a potentially great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Caradigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The products are great and their impact is life saving.

Cons

implementation of the product almost always ends in some kind of lawsuit.

Advice to Management

End it once and for all.

10. "Engineer at Caradigm"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time

Pros

Good benefits, Learning, nice people

Cons

Lack of vision, Reorgs, work life balance