Caradigm Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Caradigm Chief Executive Officer and President Neal Singh
Neal Singh

Pros
  • I work with many talented people on a product that is in the forefront of the population health industry (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work time, some great people to work with, interesting field to learn (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The expectations of the job are ridiculous, with very little work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is also flailing, with split-second decisions made without properly thinking through the practical implications (in 7 reviews)

"If you love challenges, and not afraid to work for small companies, then Caradigm is for you!"

Current Employee - Principal Architect in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Architect in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing complex technical challenges (complex data processing, heterogeneous data sources, large scale real-time data platforms, to name a few)
    - One of the few companies on earth were you get the chance to build cloud infrastructure (Fabric), not just use existing one.
    - As with most small companies, career growth opportunities are limitless.
    - Strong business and technical vision.
    - Working with smart and experienced people (some have been working in healthcare industry for 15+ years).
    - Friendly work environment.
    - Relatively-good work life balance, and attractive benefits package.

Cons

- Not specific to Caradigm, and have seen it before, but we have a fair amount of technical debt that the team is clearing.
    - Maybe a Con for some; there are no offices, it is an open space where everyone (including the CTO) sits together. I find it productive, but others may not like it.
    - This is a small company, so we need to be careful about business and technical decisions, since we don’t have tons of cash to offset mistakes.

Advice to Management

keep us focused on the company’s vision, and help us differentiate ourselves from the competition.

"Promising company with Microsoft and GE backing"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young company - less bureaucracy and management overhead
    Backed by Microsoft and GE
    Modern technologies
    Good pay and great benefits
    Challenging, but very interesting problem space - Healthcare data

Cons

Engineering team needs improvement - there is a certain clash of cultures between teams inherited from Microsoft and GE.
    Team moves with frustratingly slow speed - unacceptable for a start-up

Advice to Management

Need to make engineering team stronger, Unfortunately current state of software development is not up to, let's say, Microsoft standards.
    Hire more talents!.
    And, I know it sounds harsh, but you have to let go people who doesn't want to improve their skills , improve quality and speed up their work.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A very interesting problem space - tough technical problems and a fairly untapped market.
    - Pretty good work/life balance.
    - Numerous career and personal growth opportunities, and opportunities to try different things & work on side projects.
    - It's like working at Microsoft without all the nasty back stabbing and corporate politics.

Cons

- Since the company is less than a year old, there are some things still being figured out.
    - Some organizational churn, hopefully it ends soon.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the strategy, product maturity is important in the healthcare market.

"First year at Caradigm has been exciting"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. I left Microsoft and haven't looked back. My experience has been positive. The team I work on works well together. The team has worked plenty of hours over the past nine months which is understandable as we are standing up a new company. In addition my director and CXO acknowledge the work and show their appreciation.
    2. In our first year we implemented a Caradigm Cares Community Giving Program that was successful.
    3. Majority of people I work with day to day are excited to be part of the team.

Cons

With any startup there is lots of change of which I have enjoyed.

6. "Great opportunity to make a big difference in Health Care"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technical challenges to solve. Has been relatively quick to make critical, high risk decisions. Building software that can make a big difference on health care.

Cons

Caradigm is still shaking off the bonds of spawning from Microsoft and GE, they need to keep realizing they aren't a monolithic company especially in the matter of hiring and some things like procurement/IT services.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of small company/start up environment.

"Most flexible workplace I've ever experienced"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work hours. Lots of interesting work. A product that make a meaningful difference and helps people. Intelligent and motivated employees. Great work location. Open environment.

Cons

There is some risk because we are in startup mode. Related issue, there isn't any matching of charitable donations yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I'm having a great time and love coming to work!

"Opportunity to have big impact"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a huge opportunity to have impact in the healthcare space at Caradigm. There's new and innovative products we're working on, and it's difficult. It's true that the path isn't always clear, and the leaders do need to adjust direction at times, but the mission always stays the same.

Cons

Things do change often, and the leaders aren't great at cascading communication down through the ranks.

Advice to Management

Make sure there's better communication from all of the leaders, down to managers and employees. I've seen great stuff happening, and I want to hear more about it. When people don't hear this, it makes them worry.

"Excellent company to work for and a product that will increase the quality of healthcare/big impact."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Important product, small so still an agile engineering org, great benefits, focus on a healthy workplace culture.

Cons

Like any new company, still working on well defined internal processes.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating to the employees describing why certain decisions are made.

10. "Fast Growing Population Healthcare Platform Company with Smart People and Culture"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Very Talented People who knows their stuff and trying to solve the tough problems
    2. Great Vision that will change the Healthcare Market Place
    3. Opportunity to Use Cutting Edge Technology to solve real world problem for man kind
    4. Very Nimble and Agile in Product Development Life Cycle
    5. One of the BEST BENEFIT in the Industry. You name it Healthcare, StayFit, Education, Maternity, Paternity, Work From Home and more.
    6. Large Customer base that gives opportunity to explore the real healthcare enterprise problems.

Cons

Not I am aware of any.

Advice to Management

1. Keep the vision intact and communication strong

"Ability to make a big impact on healthcare"

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caradigm's direction for population health and analytics is spot on. I'm very excited about our products and strategy moving forward. It is exciting to be on the ground floor of something big. Caradigm is breaking new ground. I feel very safe and secure at Caradigm, and I am excited about the prospect of growth going forward. I'm not worried about layoffs at all!

We just finished an Application Acceleration Week during which engineers from around the company created exciting new apps which we will hopefully commercialize and bring to the market. This is an example of our continued focus and drive toward a culture of innovation.

Our benefits are very employee-centric and competitive.

Cons

We have inherited some big company processes from GE -- especially in the area of Finance. This is steadily improving and they are working hard to fix it.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate strategy and vision and how employees make an impact. Continue to hold leaders accountable for management and leadership excellence.