Cover image for Caradigm

Caradigm

Is this your company?

Caradigm

Add a Review

Caradigm Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 30, 2020

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 164 of over 164 reviews
2.6
33% Recommend to a Friend
30% Approve of CEO

Found 16 of over 164 reviews

2.6
Caradigm Chairman and CEO Satish Sanan (no image)
Satish Sanan

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management is an absolute joke.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Leadership is clueless and anyone worth their weight is now gone.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Lousy upper management more interested in the fantasy they have created than the reality of how things are regarding the quality of the product and the time required to produce what is needed.(in 4 reviews)
  • "How Caradigm has managed to retain so many managers who do not have a clue how to do their job is beyond me.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The CEO has no clue and like he has done for years will just say yes to the cuts and will not care about the customers or the values of the company.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Caradigm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Apr 30, 2020 - SDE2
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work life balance

Cons

Compensation and management. Leadership culture

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I worked in Caradigm for a year

Feb 18, 2020 - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance, was part of GE and Microsoft

Cons

There was no stock options.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you love challenges, and not afraid to work for small companies, then Caradigm is for you!

Mar 6, 2013 - Principal Architect in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing complex technical challenges (complex data processing, heterogeneous data sources, large scale real-time data platforms, to name a few) - One of the few companies on earth were you get the chance to build cloud infrastructure (Fabric), not just use existing one. - As with most small companies, career growth opportunities are limitless. - Strong business and technical vision. - Working with smart and experienced people (some have been working in healthcare industry for 15+ years). - Friendly work environment. - Relatively-good work life balance, and attractive benefits package.

Cons

- Not specific to Caradigm, and have seen it before, but we have a fair amount of technical debt that the team is clearing. - Maybe a Con for some; there are no offices, it is an open space where everyone (including the CTO) sits together. I find it productive, but others may not like it. - This is a small company, so we need to be careful about business and technical decisions, since we don’t have tons of cash to offset mistakes.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting opportunities and a flexible workplace

Jun 30, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good products and fun team. Bellevue office next to transit center is convenient for commute, shopping and restaurants. Benefits are very competitive. Engineering teams are solid, work hard and consistently deliver. Flexible workplace and schedule to help with work/life balance. Access to both GE and Microsoft on-line employee stores.

Cons

Fragmented and evolving health IT marketplace. Not necessarily a con, but be ready for constant change. No company is dominant. I think Caradigm's strategy is sound and they have good board membership, but there is plenty of risk and opportunity. If you're a Steady Eddy, this is not the place for you. Priorities and organization will shift to keep pace with the market.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Mar 11, 2013 - Engineering Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A very interesting problem space - tough technical problems and a fairly untapped market. - Pretty good work/life balance. - Numerous career and personal growth opportunities, and opportunities to try different things & work on side projects. - It's like working at Microsoft without all the nasty back stabbing and corporate politics.

Cons

- Since the company is less than a year old, there are some things still being figured out. - Some organizational churn, hopefully it ends soon.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Anti-Microsoft culture, despite the JV status

Jun 27, 2014 - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of financial backing from the 2 big dogs providing funding. Compensation is good when coming from a legacy company. Easier to achieve work/life balance when working as remote employee. Reasonably good technology and the health care vertical experience is key when differentiating from competitors.

Cons

You run the risk of a higher base salary than your manager when coming from a legacy company. Leadership is divided, and an anti-Microsoft culture permeates the company. Management may take away high-performing accounts and assign to other reps to balance out compensation.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for.

Jul 1, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on high growth areas within HIT market. Uniquely positioned to do well within the Population Health / Analytics market due to vast solution offering. All departments of the company driving towards a common goal. Caradigm values its employees which can be seen through compensation, benefits and work/life balance.

Cons

Newly created company which means not all operational processes are streamlined, however this piece is improving very quickly.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Caradigm work life balance

Mar 26, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think Caradigm is a great company to work for. It has very work life balance. People are very friendly and understanding and helps you in all possible ways in your professional and personal life.

Cons

Compensation is one aspect which can be improved to retain more talent

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Feb 10, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Great friends and colleagues are easily built.

Cons

Too many directions with little resources. Benefits were better but because of changing landscapes they have down graded

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

Getting better; slowly

Oct 28, 2013 -  in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came from one of the parent companies and have worked with Caradigm from the beginning. This is not my first start-up. The ride since inception has been rocky but there is definitely signs of a clear and solid company- and product-vision; A healthcare analytics and population health company. Hopefully the new vision will help to grow a stronger foundation upon which the entire organization can get aligned to. The overall office environment is nice. Some complain that the open floor plan (non-offices) is a bad thing. But I personally like it since the open environment lends itself to better communication. Work/Life balance is not too bad. But you will have to set up clear boundaries or else suffer the consequences. Currently the health benefits are pretty good but that might change as we see in many companies these days. Bellevue is not Seattle but I prefer it over some other non-Seattle locations since there is a variety of places to grab lunch and the ability to run quick errands. There is no shortage of Caradigm employees who are passionate about the healthcare space, improving health outcomes and in making great products.

Cons

I believe the company is pretending to be a start-up but is still mired in process and hanging on to what was familiar from Microsoft and GE. In fact, I believe the company uses the start-up crutch too much to cover up for poor upper-management decisions, constant fire drills, poor planning, and randomizing tasks. Caradigm is very date driven. Some might see that as a pro and a necessary goal given that the company is still young and needs to make a name for itself in a competitive landscape. And I personally like to have a date to meet since it gives structure. But not at the expense of the overall quality. If the company is going to continue to be date driven, then upper-management needs to consider release scope that is realistic so that resources can be spent on making a strong product that meets both business and end-users' needs. Some groups are seriously understaffed for the commitments that are made to customers and the organization's board. I'm not opposed to lean staff as long as company goals and the resources needed to meet the goals are balanced. Being a very engineering-driven organization I believe the company relies too much on quantitative data of the products' quality rather than a balanced approach of qualitative and quantitative data. More emphasis needs to be put on qualitative data and therefore the company needs to invest more into scientific qualitative research. The jury is still out on whether or not a new focused vision will help to improve the overall poor alignment amongst the senior leadership and everyone else in the company. My overall rating is "Dissatisfied". But that might change if I start to see a change in the coming releases.

3 people found this review helpful