Carboline Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Randy Roth Sr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Job. Rewarding to those who put forth the effort!

Cons

Hard to report any cons

2. "New Management sucks"

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time

Pros

Great history and good benefits

Cons

Management has gone down hill since RM Wilson left. People are let go that have been with the company for years. There is big time age and gender discrimination. All the women in the field have been fired!

Advice to Management

Take a look at how things were run when Wilson was the president and learn from that. Quit discriminating against women and older people. Carboline used to welcome ALL people but now you have to fit a specific image - very sad to see.

3. "Good Pay"

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time

Pros

pay, freedom, products are good

Cons

support, expenses, zero tech tools

Advice to Management

better tech support

"Glad to be here also."

Current Employee - Marine Customer Service Team Leader in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Marine Customer Service Team Leader in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I normally do not post stuff on social media, but i felt the need to say something. All companies have issues. But you all should be glad to have a job in today's world. I am sad that Randy Roth Sr. Has decided to resign. The company has grown tremendously under his supervision as VP and President. Although i am sad of his departure I will continue to work as hard as i always have to keep the Marine team a continued success. And i know my coworker and the Marine sales reps feel the same way.

Cons

Nothing to say right now.

Advice to Management

People with experience and knowledge should be heard and not pushed aside.

"Ridiculous Nonsense"

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time

Pros

First, I want to say that the attacking posts need to stop and the person or people that are doing this needs to step up and not hide behind a computer. Carboline is an outstanding company with outstanding leadership from the top down. Carboline has had a lot of success and the team wants to continue to make Carboline what it intends to be, which is a Global Coatings Company.

Cons

If these particular people have issues with people or with someone in the organization, then step up and express your concerns. To do it behind a computer and attack the management team when all they try to do is make Carboline a better place is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Don't let anyone or anything stop you from obtaining the goal that was set forth by the management team.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Carboline is a rewarding company to work for providing you work hard. Randy Roth the President and COO works harder than anyone in the company and is more than fair to his employees. Don't understand why he's getting this negative publicity. I'd work with him anytime anywhere.

Cons

Have to work harder here than any other company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Roth a leader , caring and passion for business and ALL the employees"

Current Employee - Plant Supervisor in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Plant Supervisor in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have a president you sees our business from many different levels. He sees beyond what the normal leader can see. His vision is beyond what you can even imagine or comprehend. His relationships in the field is at every level an NO executive in this business can do what he can.

Cons

People don't understand the challenges or running a business or doing what our leader does. He is firm and fair and always considers employees ideas

Advice to Management

You are doing the right thing and do stop because of a few people our predications are 98 percent of company loves you as a president and person

"Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Gulf, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Gulf, TX

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportuntity to learn, grow and thrive! The company has excellent communication, vision, great products and a committed team mentality. We have come very far and can continue to grow by working together.

Cons

Only cons are temporary bumps in the road, in the long run Carboline is a great company. If a person is committed to working hard and not letting obstacles get in the way, you can go far with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, create innovative products and increase exposure to target markets. Add manufacturing locations and warehousing in key areas.

"Glad I'm Here!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for a competitor for a long period of time but decided to join the "CARBOLINE TEAM" because of Randy Roth. I was impressed with his vision, determination and leadership skills. He is not afraid to make a change in order to improve our position in the market, not only for today but also for our future. He listens to all Carboline employees and actually understands that this is relevant to our future success. Finally I Love that he won't lose.

Cons

Like any successful coatings company, weekend work is necessary. However, I understand that in order to achieve my goals, sacrifices must be made.

Advice to Management

Stay on track. Continue to have vision for the market today and where we need to be in the future. My former employee has decided to "Lets just keep doing it the way we always did it" approach. I am happy for this style of management as they are now getting pay cuts, no match to their 401K and finally layoffs. Continue to work the 23 hour days to make sure we succeed.

"High Performance Rewarded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Carboline Company full-time

Pros

Strong leadership
    Clear Communication
    Well Defined Strategy
    Focused & Intense Culture
    Supportive Parent Company
    World Class Benefits
    Opportunities to Grow & Advance

Cons

A small number of employees unwilling to embrace change have made the process of improving the company more difficult. Their personal failures are being directed at the president rather than accepted as their own issues. It's easier to blame executives than it is to take responsibility for your own incompetence.

Advice to Management

A few years ago Carboline was moving in slow motion without a defined strategy. Now it is heading down a new path with energy & passion. Those that are unwilling to change or incapable of performing need to move on to other opportunities. Accountability & execution are paramount to success. This may be a new concept for some longer term employees that fear change & progress. Management needs to continue to drive this company forward. Randy Roth Sr. is going to return Carboline to the growth engine it once was for RPM.