Carbonite Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Carbonite Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2020

4.5
Carbonite Interim CEO and President Executive Chairman of the Board Steve Munford (no image)
Steve Munford
  1. Featured Review

"Great"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at Carbonite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good schedule and good pay

Cons

Product training and lack of trouble shooting action

Carbonite2020-01-11

"A Great Place to Learn Grow and Succeed"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Carbonite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing atmosphere; it is very easy to get along with staff (including management) and everyone is very friendly even when the job can get stressful. I worked as a Consumer Agent, then moved to Business and now I work in Sales, this all took place within the last four years with my most recent position change last summer! The potential to move upward is also accelerated by the fact that all positions are offered internally before the recruiters look externally for those roles. I felt considered for any position I applied for and if I did not get the new role than I was given details on what I needed to improve on. Carbonite provides a lot of "extras" including: Customer Service Week activities, Beer/Juice carts when we succeed or have extraneous tasks to get through, Contests, Awards, Lunch money for your hired anniversary, and a nice budget to spend on the employees through the 'Employee Satisfaction Council' , and so much more. The benefits are great, especially for the area; my entire family has dental, vision, and healthcare plus a Health Savings Accounts for less than what I paid for just healthcare on my own before I came to work here. Employee matched 401K and Stock options are offered right out the door. Not to mention that when I moved from consumer to business I was trained to get the Microsoft certification I needed to be able to speak with my more tech-savvy customers. The attendance policy gives me a TON of PTO, so it is easy for me to take time off for appointments or take a vacation. I highly recommend Carbonite for anyone interested in Technology and growing as a human.

Cons

Show up to work! This place counts on you being there due to the nature of the business and if you cannot be counted on than it will catch up with you. I've seen good employees not stick around due to attendance, but as I mentioned above, you are given plenty of PTO to organize your life, you just need to communicate.

Advice to Management

Continue being amazing advocates for your employees! You're already doing it!

Carbonite2019-09-05

"Fun place to work, could benefit from having more processes and training in place"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Carbonite full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and people here at Carbonite are top notch! Open office area where there is constant interaction between the teams. Overall most employees are friendly and willing to help one another. Great benefits and perks, free lunch and breakfast a couple of times a week.

Cons

For a company that's been around as long as Carbonite, I'd expect there to be more processes in place, there are quite a few gray areas where employees don't know how to proceed in certain situations. I also think there needs to be more structure for training new employees, some teams rely heavily on shadowing more senior employees, which can be good but shouldn't be the only training received.

Advice to Management

Train our employees better, I've seen a few new-hires answer the phones without having the proper knowledge to assist customers.

Carbonite2019-09-04
  4. "Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Carbonite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience in the tech industry/learn a lot. Meet great people and a relaxed atmosphere most of the time

Cons

Can be overwhelming. No training classes setup, just learn as you go. Need to reach out to a bunch of different departments to get your job done/not very streamlined.

Advice to Management

Better training to learn the products in depth; I have received several different answers on the same question so hard to know what's right/wrong. Give CSMs access to more applications so our work is more streamlined and we don't have to reach out to so many depts for assistance

Carbonite2019-09-03