Cardinal Financial Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Nick Florez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "8-5 PM Mon-Fri work schedule so great work life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Best comp plan, best loan OS, 15 day closings, and great people" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management is inexperienced in mortgage industry" (in 8 reviews)

• "No training for Processors/transaction coordinators and then blame processors for everything" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Love My Company"

Pros

Great people, fun environment, good benefits

Cons

None, I seriously love my job, I've never loved another job the way I do this one

"Hopefully they like you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A nationwide company that does a lot of business

Cons

Nepotism and favoritism runs rampant

3. "This is my last job! I plan to retire here."

Current Employee - Transaction Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Transaction Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Fast-paced with superb technology that allows you to keep up. Community involvement and great culture. Happy and comfortable work environment. Career development and growth available. My co-workers have become my second family. Executive Management is transparent while exhibiting pride in their job and nurturing the team.

Cons

There aren't any cons at this time.

4. "Great Mortgage Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Produce and be treated like an adult.

Cons

It is the mortgage industry.

Advice to Management

You guys are studs.

"Incompetent, Unethical & Sleazy"

Current Employee - “Branch Manager”
    Current Employee - “Branch Manager”

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly None for an experienced self sourced purchase originator. However if your employment options are limited between working in fast food or here is still a tough choice, maybe would be a good fit for someone new to the sales force wanting to get some sales/telemarketing experience as some branches offer lending tree refinance leads.

Cons

Too many to list. For starters the misleading “divisional VP” that recruited me basically disappeared once I came onboard, come to find out 3 weeks later he was in business development and got paid once people get hired, after that he can care less if you stay or leave. I wasted 2 months here and lost business and credibility. Also spent more than what I received in pay for marketing out of my own pocket so this was the dumbest move I could have ever made in my career, embarrassed to have this place under my work history. Their pitch was they are an up and coming company able to a better customer experience, low rates and fees since they own their own loan originator system, when in fact the fees were almost double then average for my market and rates half point higher (to the rate). “Lending Re-Imagined” is their logo as if they are some type of high technology company, their propietary LOS called “Octane” is inferior then what any other lender uses it’s flawed, difficult to use and just feels cheap the only thing I “imagined” when using it were a couple of fresh out of college software engineers trying to get the system to function. You can’t be successful by just owning a cheap system to originate, you need quality people that have experience and are reputable.
    No words to describe the lack of carelessness, unprofessionalism, carelessness in this place. Another thing that baffled me was that in the branches the loan officers can customize their Comp plan by choosing higher rates to get paid higher commissions. On top of that they can also choose to “tag” the loan as an inside lead vs outside to offer the lower rate and get paid less. This is against CFPB rules, but there is no one monitoring what is going in each branch.

Advice to Management

Mortgage origination is a serious career for some of the people you hired. For such a small company why can’t the owner make a phone call to introduce himself or send an email to check for any concerns?

6. "Best place to be a loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best comp plan, best loan OS, 15 day closings, and great people

Cons

Hours can be long but your helping your own paycheck

Advice to Management

Should start offering a heloc product in this market, they are forecasted to have a large increase while refis are forecasted to continue to drop.

7. "Growing Company with Tons of Potential"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-family culture, focus on efficiency, forward-thinking, and great benefits.
    I have been here almost 4 years and owe all my knowledge to the business. I started right out of college as an HR Assistant/Jr Recruiter, in 3 months was promoted to HR Coordinator, in another 3 months promoted to HR Generalist, and more recently promoted to HRBP! The opportunity for growth and advancement at Cardinal is exponential. We take care of our people and love to promote from within, but also understand when it makes send to find an external hire.

Cons

Some on the management level may be a bit green but are constantly working to better their skills as leaders in the industry.

Advice to Management

So excited to see what comes next!

"N/A"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros - terrible management

Cons

Horrible Management - Makes promises they cannot keep

9. "Loan Originator"

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best place I have worked so far. Not only the company but the people around you are awesome. They are kind, direct, talented, intelligent, flexible to change, and always give you enough support to run your business. There is no micromanagement here. You have to have a self-driven and self-motivated personality to fit in. This career is all about you and how you want to manage your business.

Cons

I have none to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Great job!

"Loan Officer"

I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time

Pros

Very Flexible, Friendly environment, great loan application operating system, experience and hard working processing team. Also one of the best compensation plans in the industry for funding as few as 5 loans + per month.

Cons

Little training so you must be a self starter, and you will not be micromanaged, so you must also be self motivated

Advice to Management

If there were more incentives for time off, for example, more "lock and leave" days, that is what drives more employees.