KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cardinal Financial Company

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Financial Company

Add a Review

Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "comp plan"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 20 of over 322 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez
Pros
  • "The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding(in 20 reviews)

• "Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Originating loans is stressful all together - If had to give a con I cant see the TV on the wall from my cube depending on the seating chart(in 27 reviews)

• "Upper management sees only bottom line(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "comp plan"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Working at Cardinal Financial In Arizona

Nov 19, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable hours with flexibility, working from home potential, unlimited hot leads and warm transfers with great comp plan, great management style, benefits on day one

Cons

Scottsdale building doesn't have parking garage, just covered parking.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Money to be made.

Jan 14, 2021 - Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comp plan. Fun place to work.

Cons

The dialer wears on you.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The place to be in the mortgage industry

Sep 13, 2019 - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lead volume and quality is matched only by a few of the top lenders in the country--you will not be sitting around waiting for leads to be provided. Comp plan for both provided and self generated leads is excellent--no caps of any kind. Relaxed dress code. There is potential for career advancement on the operations side of the business. In the 3 years I have been here, there have been a fair number of people who have moved up. The sales side is currently expanding, and at this rate, it is likely more Production Manager positions will be available.

Cons

This is a cyclical business so you can't expect to make the same every year, or even month to month. In general, on the sales side of the business, there is pretty limited opportunity to advance into other roles short of going to operations.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It opened the door to Success and a New Career that I love!!

Sep 6, 2019 - Loan Officer in Addison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They invested time, energy and money into building my career. Being new to the industry, they prepared me to be a successful Loan Originator. I am thankful that had the opportunity to begin my career with Cardinal- I will forever be grateful! Management is supportive and understanding and always encouraging. They provide you with all the tools to ensure you are successful when you get on the phones and start building your business. Technology is like no other and gives you the opportunity to work from anywhere, whether its from home or in your car- and trying to seal the deal! The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding! The team atmosphere is very positive - other LO's are always willing to lend a hand and challenge you to be successful and drive you to the next level!

Cons

The only thing I would add is the distance. The original office in Dallas was closer to where I lived but willing and able to make the commute to continue to build my career and be successful.

5. 5.0

Happy to be here

Sep 5, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a great company for me and my lifestyle. I came from a very large lender that was very demanding and had a terrible comp plan. I have a young son and wife and this schedule works for me and my family. The comp plan is very fair and I have an opportunity for bonuses on a monthly basis and extra funds for loans I get on my own. Great people. Great atmosphere.

Cons

Location is the only con for me. I live on the west side of town so its a little more of a drive than I would prefer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work if you like making money

Aug 29, 2019 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Management genuinely wants to see you succeed -Great comp plan -Quality leads -Coworkers are people that I would go grab a beer after work with

Cons

Every job has the same con; having to wake up in the morning and actually go to work to make money to pay bills because I am not a billionaire but I don't mind waking up to come here.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years in and still going strong!

Sep 4, 2019 - Production Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A growing company, Lot's of opportunity to move up, Generous comp plan, and upper management that works hard to be fair and help support staff.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard, but being commission-based.. your hard work pays off!

8. 5.0

"Loan Officer Heaven"

Sep 1, 2015 - License Loan Originator In Multiple States in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Free lunch and brunch every day! - Super upbeat, positive work environment and staff/management - Efficient processing (you still have to pull your weight) as with anything - Fair Comp Plan for LO's - Great location / conveniently located just off 485 for all employees to drive in - Certain Senior Processor's get to work from home - Very well organized and well seasoned upper management - Free gym membership - Kevin Long - the recruiter - actually worked with me for several months - negotiating a great deal for me to onboard. These guys are professionals.

Cons

- Sure I could complain about something - but why? Life isn't perfect and neither are we, but we strive as employees everyday to spank the competition and deliver world-class customer service and sales to all customers we interact with.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hands down the BEST mortgage lender out there!

Jun 6, 2017 - Senior Loan Officer in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are too many awesome points about Cardinal to list but here are a few: It's all about the HUMAN experience! Work/life balance is perfect, Amazing culture, cutting edge proprietary software/technology, leads provided, awesome benefits, highest paying comp plan, and we fund our loans quickly while keeping our borrowers needs in mind!!!!

Cons

No company is perfect but I will say Cardinal goes out of their way to make things work and are always looking for ways to improve across the board!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic opportunity and great place to work!!!!!!!! I would not work anywhere else!

May 31, 2017 - Anonymous in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Amazing Culture 2. Solid Leadership truly cares for employees and also teaches true Sales Techniques 3. Promotes from within 4. Quality New Leads Daily (10-12 Brand New Daily) 5. Newly released Loan Origination Software that is Industry Changing 6. Highest Paying Comp Plan in Dallas area 7. Weekly/Monthly Awards and Contests 8. 8-5 PM Mon-Fri work schedule so great work life balance I have been here since day #1 and can honestly say this is the best Mortgage Company I have ever worked for. There are lots of people making great money here. True you do have to work hard to make great money, but if you are not afraid to pick up the phone and make callas and you can work hard and know what you are doing this is the place to be. I have seen some people bad mouth the company on here but honestly speaking those are mostly people who were new to the industry that just flat out could not do the job even after the company trained them as new Loan Originators for 6+ months and invested heavily in them before hitting the floor. Those people many of them had never had a real job before this and this was their first job ever. Those people got upset when they were actually presented with a time frame to now perform and do the job they were trained and hired for and when they could not do it they were let go. It's sad that those people used this as a platform for retaliation and to bad mouth a great company without presenting the behind scenes facts of their situations. What happened to taking responsibility for your own actions? Don't believe everything you read on line this is a great pace to work for the right people and there are many of us that are extremely happy to be here.

Cons

The work is hard you do have to make outboud calls while fielding some inbound calls but the majority of the work is outbound. If you are a seasoned LO in the industry and know what you are doing you can make upwards of 200K to 300K a year. Training program is not really solidified but Managers they have are seasoned professionals who have the knowledge to teach you on the fly and who actually care about people doing well. If you are a brand new Mortgage Officer to the Industry it might be tough to do this model but you will know within 90 days if you can make it or not. If you are not new and understand the ups and downs of the mortgage industry and you can actually sell, you will do very well here and make tons of money.

3 people found this review helpful