KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cardinal Financial Company

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Financial Company

Add a Review

Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "loan"

Updated Mar 30, 2020

Found 19 of over 319 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez
Pros
  • "The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding(in 20 reviews)

• "Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Originating loans is stressful all together - If had to give a con I cant see the TV on the wall from my cube depending on the seating chart(in 27 reviews)

• "Upper management sees only bottom line(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "loan"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy to be here

Sep 5, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a great company for me and my lifestyle. I came from a very large lender that was very demanding and had a terrible comp plan. I have a young son and wife and this schedule works for me and my family. The comp plan is very fair and I have an opportunity for bonuses on a monthly basis and extra funds for loans I get on my own. Great people. Great atmosphere.

Cons

Location is the only con for me. I live on the west side of town so its a little more of a drive than I would prefer.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company Review from an individual with 2+ years of full-time employment

Aug 29, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Compensation plan is outstanding. If you are a decent salesman/saleswoman, you WILL get paid handsomely. 2) Contrary to a negative review I read from 5 weeks ago, the technology is bar none. Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge. 3) The work ethic and caliber of fellow Loan Officers positively promotes solid friendships as well as a contagious competition - that ultimately bolsters everyone's bottom line. 4) Probably should be at the top of the list, but the flexibility you're afforded is excellent. I go to the gym for ~1 hour 3-4 days a week in the middle of the work day - no questions asked. 5) Of the four employees I've recruited here over the past 2 years, all of them are still gainfully employed. I guess the "Pro" is that you can infer that the reason they're still gainfully employed is because they are thriving financially and generally HAPPY - which is perhaps the most important aspect of a job.

Cons

1) For those familiar with the mortgage industry - specifically a loan officer - there is always the dilemma of processing turn around times. As a loan officer, it ALWAYS seems "the loan should close more quickly", or "could be more efficient". But the question is relative in nature: compared to what? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a company that routinely closes a refinance in less than 4 weeks.

14 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

This Job Has Saved My Life

Sep 4, 2019 - Loan in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

After several years of working for the sweat shop type lender, a buddy of mine told me about CF. I was hesitant at first but I saw how my friend was living his life to the fullest. Naturally I gave it a chance. The Pros: Everyone in the company is there to help and to work side by side to make money. The best senior management I have been ever been around. Every leader in Scottsdale AZ is some of the most impressive and professional group of people i have ever worked for. Flexible work schedule The easiest Software Platform I have ever seen. Most companies has to use more than one system to originate a loan and effectively get pricing. Very fun, adult like culture.

Cons

There is not anything. I am blessed for this opportunity.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It opened the door to Success and a New Career that I love!!

Sep 6, 2019 - Loan Officer in Addison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They invested time, energy and money into building my career. Being new to the industry, they prepared me to be a successful Loan Originator. I am thankful that had the opportunity to begin my career with Cardinal- I will forever be grateful! Management is supportive and understanding and always encouraging. They provide you with all the tools to ensure you are successful when you get on the phones and start building your business. Technology is like no other and gives you the opportunity to work from anywhere, whether its from home or in your car- and trying to seal the deal! The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding! The team atmosphere is very positive - other LO's are always willing to lend a hand and challenge you to be successful and drive you to the next level!

Cons

The only thing I would add is the distance. The original office in Dallas was closer to where I lived but willing and able to make the commute to continue to build my career and be successful.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I consider myself lucky to work for Cardinal

Sep 4, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Great benefits and vacations. Proprietary software for CRM and processing and underwriting. The ability to manually underwrite loans. True ability to customize loan terms with tons of loan programs and specific terms like 17 or 23 year loans and etc. Down payment assistance available in some states. Self Gen Referral loans receive a bonus. Tons of marketing support, business cards, fliers, swag, realtor material, social media info and etc.

Cons

No company is perfect but I honestly can not think of any cons. We ran out of paper plates in the break-room for about a day last week. I think that is it :).

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Competitive pricing and # of leads but long hours

Mar 30, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent loan pricing, fair number of leads, technologically-advanced LOS

Cons

Long hours including working weekends so tough to find work/life balance; upper management is also quick to lay off if you do not regularly meet production goals

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture, Great Company

Aug 29, 2019 - Management in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cardinal Financial Consumer Direct has implemented a playbook which helps salespeople from any industry become great Loan Officers. Our technology is stare of the art, management is rowing in the same direction, and we have a real TEAM environment.

Cons

Sales can be stressful but VERY rewarding at the same time.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Going in the right direction.

Sep 6, 2019 - Loan Officer in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. good work-life balance. 2. Sr Bps pay is always a nice little kicker should keep it going instead of stopping 3. The Loan origination system is innovative.

Cons

1. It's a sales job so end of the month is always stressful. 2. There can be a disconnect from sales/ and processing ( not everyone is on the same page)

9. 5.0

Loan Originator

Jun 28, 2016 - Loan Originator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ultimately a great company. With any company, there are going to be things you don't like. But Cardinal is the best job I've ever had. It's an excellent company to get your foot in the door with as they have a Junior Loan Originator program, in which they train you and pay for all of your licensing. Free lunch/brunch everyday. Great parking. Most of management is extremely approachable and is willing to help. This is a job where you definitely need to know your stuff, but as long as you do your job, there is no micro managing. They provide you non stop leads. Every lead is what you make of it. If you're willing to do the work, even if you don't want to, you will succeed here.

Cons

The training in the JLO department is absolutely excellent. Once you get out of the program, however, the training seems to be somewhat disorganized. You will have a lot of questions. The good news is that management is almost always accessible and willing to help.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work pays off!!!

May 25, 2017 - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would like to start by saying that this is the first place I have worked with so much culture and energy. I really enjoy what I do as a loan originator and I can assure you hard work pays off. Cardinal Financial is very flexible with your schedule specially for someone who has a family is looking for a work and life balance. There is no micromanagement and they trust you and welcome you form the first day you come in. From the top to bottom they are all treated with respect and they have incentives to drive you and make you very successful. I highly recommend Cardinal Financial.

Cons

There is really nothing much for me to say here. If you work hard and you are driven you will be very successful.

1 person found this review helpful