KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cardinal Financial Company

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Financial Company

Add a Review

Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "octane"

Updated Jan 4, 2021

Found 5 of over 367 reviews

3.9
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez
Pros
  • "The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding(in 20 reviews)

• "Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Originating loans is stressful all together - If had to give a con I cant see the TV on the wall from my cube depending on the seating chart(in 27 reviews)

• "Upper management sees only bottom line(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Financial Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "octane"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

LOVE CARDINAL! Great place to work for both new and experienced loan officers!!

Sep 6, 2019 - Mortgage Loan Originator- Chandler Consumer Direct in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

#1: OCTANE!! Technology, compensation, location, culture, products, operations, management. There are a lot of pros. I think they are doing an excellent job preparing their employees for the road ahead. As the world changes, the way we do business needs to change. The upper management see this and are constantly innovating. It is great to know that as I continue to grow in my career, I work for a company that shares my viewpoints and will be able to help propel me forward, rather than hold me back. There are a lot of positive things I could say about the company. There is no such thing as "perfect," but for the most part, I think Cardinal is on top of the game. We can offer great products at competitive rates/cost and win clients with our customer service and support. That is definitely something that makes this company unique. I am proud to be #TeamCardinal

Cons

The cons are the same as any other mortgage company, but most of it depends on your own attitude. I don't have any 1 particular issue with Cardinal. Any issues that do arise are usually addressed and resolved quickly.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Constant changes

Jan 4, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent technology - Octane LOS

Cons

Upper level & local managers changing constantly, lack of continuity in business plan, lack of support & accessibilty.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

No loyalty, No integrity

May 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cardinal's LOS system Octane is the only Pro and that's not enough to keep talent employees on

Cons

Sr management is unavailable or non-responsive. Can't depend on the answers given, if you get one Work their support staff to death without any true thanks. Layoff people one month and scramble to hire replacements the next month Pay and benefits are just average Cardinal offers no stability to their people. They only take care of the people in their special circle Nobody communicates between the different departments Sales runs all over the support staff

5 people found this review helpful

Cardinal Financial Company Response

We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience working at Cardinal Financial. We are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement and we support providing a healthy work life balance for our employees including a competitive compensation package. While the mortgage industry has the reputation of hiring when the market is up and letting those same individuals go when the market dips, Cardinal makes a concerted effort not to overhire. Its executives recognize the chaos that can ensue from layoffs, and proactively attempts to avoid this. Periodically, the market is strong, this can lead to additional hours for employees, but Cardinal strives to be sensitive to these pressures and right size its workforce. Thank you again for your feedback and the opportunity to identify areas of prospective improvement.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Second-to-none, this compares cares about it's employees

Jun 12, 2017 - Senior Loan Officer in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work-life balance, 40 hrs per week, not 60 like the others - Great compensation structure, 6 figures is easier here - Wide array of benefits, fully covered - Great executive group - Transparency - Fastest origination system in the industry - OCTANE - Great rate/fee combos, don't lose to price - Only hires top talent - Held in high regard on every rating system - Inbound and outbound warm/hot leads provided, NOT COLD+ - Room for advancement, lot's of opportunity

Cons

- Ever-changing policies and procedures, but this is standard in the mortgage industry - Not much else to be honest

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its decent

Jan 22, 2019 - MOrtgage Loan Originator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great marketing tools, Octane is great and pretty quick on closing, they do have a nice amount of programs.

Cons

No support at all and no one knows what they are doing. Management all seem new so they have to 'look into it'. Commission only- and sometimes you even have to fight them on getting commission. Bad rates.

2 people found this review helpful