KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 18, 2021

Found 29 of over 500 reviews

3.7
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Financial Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

"Loan Officer Heaven"

Sep 1, 2015 - License Loan Originator In Multiple States in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free lunch and brunch every day! - Super upbeat, positive work environment and staff/management - Efficient processing (you still have to pull your weight) as with anything - Fair Comp Plan for LO's - Great location / conveniently located just off 485 for all employees to drive in - Certain Senior Processor's get to work from home - Very well organized and well seasoned upper management - Free gym membership - Kevin Long - the recruiter - actually worked with me for several months - negotiating a great deal for me to onboard. These guys are professionals.

Cons

- Sure I could complain about something - but why? Life isn't perfect and neither are we, but we strive as employees everyday to spank the competition and deliver world-class customer service and sales to all customers we interact with.

7 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

My worst job ever

Sep 15, 2021 - Marketer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Big company - Decent Benefits - Remote

Cons

- Upper management is difficult to work with - Little to no creative control over marketing

Cardinal Financial Company Response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We do everything we can to ensure employees feel seen, heard, and appreciated at work but apologize if we missed the mark here. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with awesome benefits!

Aug 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Cardinal Financial for over a year, I can tell you that this is a great place to work. - The company culture is fantastic - The ability for you to experience career growth within the organization is some of the best I have seen. - Upper Management gives us lots of support - Great health benefits - You get major holidays off, not common in the mortgage industry. - Company is growing rapidly - Located in Charlotte, NC which is a great place!

Cons

- Occasionally the hours can be long, but not often. - They continue to add more systems monthly, which at times can be challenging.

4. 1.0

Terrible

Aug 13, 2016 - Loan Originator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay for your licensing.. but everyone does that sooo??

Cons

-Negative work/life balance -Poor/lazy management -No human resources..They treat people like numbers and not people -Uses threatening tactics to produce results.. trickles down from upper management -Micromanagement- Example: they count daily talk time and make you clock in and clock out -Terrible pay compared to industry standard. NOT based off bps but a chart range! Example for purchase loans: $200k-$249,999 loan will pay $800 gross $250k-$299,999 loan will pay $900 gross -Uncertain business plan.. management is confused on direction and lacks organization -Mediocre medical plans -Management would express to the open floor 'If you don't like it, then leave' or 'I would fire everyone and start all over' -Obviously terrible overall morale -No seasoned LO's (because they know better). They have a Junior LO program for kids trying getting into the mortgage industry. Then 'promote' them to LO once they pass the SAFE exam. JLO's have no idea they're getting taken advantage of. - No name recognition. 30 years in the business and nobody knows who Cardinal is! That's for a reason! See Sebonic's rating.. Same management style because it's the same company

15 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feedback is important to us. We have a very clear business strategy which is being developed and launched. We care about our employees and work very hard to create a high energy culture with industry and non industry professionals. These positions are considered non exempt by the federal government so by law we are required to have all LO's clock in and out. We feel like our benefits and comp plans are not only lucrative but very competitive. In fact, we have not raised premiums on insurance for employee's in 3 years. We are very proud of our Junior Loan Origination program that we refer to as The Academy. It is just another example of how we are a very forward thinking company and are revolutionizing the mortgage industry. Transparency is huge for us not only in our mortgage process but when recruiting new hires. We have our new LO's sign agreements to make sure they understand exactly how to get paid and what they are signing up for. This position is not for everyone. We understand that. We are sorry it did not work out for you here at Cardinal but do wish you the best of luck in your next opportunity.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Comp Plan not the Best Company

May 15, 2017 - Loan Originator in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-If you're on the inbound call list, you have the advantage to making more money than the rest -Benefits are pretty good

Cons

We were promised by upper management that they would train us to succeed and not fail. A few 'new' leads ended up being recycled ones that I had already contacted from months ago! It wouldn't make any sense when I saw LO's get let go when their production reports were good and for those that were in their 0-30. We should've been given the opportunity for a few inbound leads and the chance to earn their business then be re-evaluated instead of just being cut off from it entirely while a few LOs stay on the inbound list. It's not like we're doing anything wrong or differently. In addition, how can you keep your employees happy when more and more of them are getting let go by the week. It creates a uncomfortable and hostile environment. Sure they'll do prizes and awards for recognition as well as catered lunches till the following week and someones' gone. It looked as if people were being treated like numbers. I would walk in everyday thinking I could get fired for no reason for doing everything right day to day. One thing I don't agree with is getting warnings for not taking enough applications, locking a loan, etc.. It's all outbound and I understand that but how can we get an application from them when they won't answer and have been contacted multiple times and contacted from other LOs in the past already!? With inbound transfers, the one that would click the fastest would get to the call first. Even with a few 'new' leads, I figured that they had already been contacted from other lenders upon digging more information from the consumer. This company picks favorites. Training was horrible as well. If there was something you wanted to say to improve or change, it wouldn't even matter because you would be fired the next week.

12 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very unorganized company with little compassion for their employees

Sep 15, 2021 - Client Advocate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, 401K, OT, ability to move up in the company.

Cons

This company is so unorganized. The loan process takes forever with extremely extended loan processing times! I found that upper management has ZERO to little compassion for any of their employees. They preach a “work life balance” yet when tragedy strikes your family they will turn their backs on you so fast and in the blink of an eye your jobless. It’s sad. The new leadership is a wreck or unsympathetic individuals who have destroyed all that the wonderful past leadership built and borrowers are angrier than they’ve ever been! They’ve lost so many employees due to constant, unnecessary and just plain STUPID changes that I lost count! There is NO personal relationships with their borrowers and they care very LITTLE about them! We are basically told to “lie” to the borrowers and give pre-written “responses” to them when asked why their loans are taking so long to fund. They sell borrowers a dream and give them a nightmare!

2 people found this review helpful

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. While your experience isn't up to our standards, we're appreciative of your feedback and will use it to continue to improve. Thank you again.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good money

Feb 22, 2019 - Transaction Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is highest I’ve seen in mortgages Allow some work from home positions.

Cons

Typical sales vs. operations. Upper management sees only bottom line.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great concept, great coworkers, struggling mortgage company, slow processing, miss closing deadlines.

Oct 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, great team spirit, motivated folks that work there. Great energy when you need to be in a team environment. Upper management is trying to fix their delivery times - and there used to be free lunch everyday. I have heard now not anymore, but overall nice facility in the main campus.

Cons

They used to offer free food everyday; now I hear it's every other day, or a few times a week. The majority of producers have moved on to organizations that can close their loans on time. It's great to sale a concept to a customer; it's another thing to 'deliver' on that concept. If you can't deliver on what you're selling, stop writing loans. It's that simple. Don't make the customer suffer, as well as the employee (LO). These aren't growing pains, this is a constant in the formula. The business model has to drastically be changed for improvement.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrendous and hostile work environment

Feb 11, 2019 - Settlement Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company compensates you well.

Cons

There may be other departments that have a great culture and work environment @ Cardinal Financial however that culture and environment does not exist in the Settlement Team for this company. Never have I ever worked for a management team that purposely seeks out your mistakes (daily) and instead of coaching and promoting a positive learning environment on the mistake made, this management team chooses to bully you with the work agreements/procedures you signed at time of employment. I dont understand this management style. There are way more productive and positive ways the Settlement Management Team could deliver constructive criticism to the team or individual other than creating this hostile work environment with the way you manage. You set these monthly expectations on us yet limit the amount of user access we have to move a file through your system. Im constantly having to reach out to upper management for help and overrides yet get left hanging for 30 min - 1 hour if not more. Im constantly taking heat for management dropping the ball yet made to feel like its my fault. Will be leaving this company as soon as I find another job!!

15 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Fresh New Company, Little Job Security

May 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, 401K - United Health Young, Fresh-faced work environment, Lots of room to grow

Cons

Upper management is quick to let swarms of people go with no performance issues noted. They made the work environment stressful. No matter how well you do, you could be laid off out of nowhere. I was promoted on a monday and then laid off that Friday with no performance critiques. They did not seem to care about the lives of their employees.

6 people found this review helpful

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Hello, Thank you for providing this feedback. Cardinal is always looking for areas in which we can improve our employee experience and we appreciate the opportunity to review your feedback. On behalf of Cardinal Financial, we are sorry your experience working for Cardinal Financial was not up to your expectation. At Cardinal Financial, we strive to make sure our employees are aware of their performance standings but there are times when we fall short. Your feedback has been shared with our management team to implement employee review improvements. Thank you again for your feedback and the opportunity to identify pain-points our previous employees experienced. With Gratitude, Cardinal Financial

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews

Popular Careers with Cardinal Financial Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cardinal Financial Company? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

22 days ago

Culture
It’s no secret that millennials are reshaping the workforce. That’s why it’s especially exciting to see our name on the Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2022 list, determined by Fortune in partnership with Great Place to Work®, the Global Authority on Workplace Culture!
Shared image - Cardinal Financial Earns Top 30 Spot on Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2022 | Cardinal Financial
www.cardinalfinancial.com

92 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! This month and every month, we’re committed to fair lending practices and addressing homeownership gaps in the AAPI community. Home is for everyone.
Shared image

Cardinal Financial Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Cardinal Financial Company photo of: Headquarters
Cardinal Financial Company photo of: Giving back to our communities is important to us. Check out the Charlotte office coming through in the clutch for our annual Thanksgiving food drive!