KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cardinal Financial Company

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Financial Company

Add a Review

Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Mar 30, 2020

Found 22 of over 319 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez
Pros
  • "The comp plan is enticing and very rewarding(in 20 reviews)

• "Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Originating loans is stressful all together - If had to give a con I cant see the TV on the wall from my cube depending on the seating chart(in 27 reviews)

• "Upper management sees only bottom line(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

LOVE CARDINAL! Great place to work for both new and experienced loan officers!!

Sep 6, 2019 - Mortgage Loan Originator- Chandler Consumer Direct in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

#1: OCTANE!! Technology, compensation, location, culture, products, operations, management. There are a lot of pros. I think they are doing an excellent job preparing their employees for the road ahead. As the world changes, the way we do business needs to change. The upper management see this and are constantly innovating. It is great to know that as I continue to grow in my career, I work for a company that shares my viewpoints and will be able to help propel me forward, rather than hold me back. There are a lot of positive things I could say about the company. There is no such thing as "perfect," but for the most part, I think Cardinal is on top of the game. We can offer great products at competitive rates/cost and win clients with our customer service and support. That is definitely something that makes this company unique. I am proud to be #TeamCardinal

Cons

The cons are the same as any other mortgage company, but most of it depends on your own attitude. I don't have any 1 particular issue with Cardinal. Any issues that do arise are usually addressed and resolved quickly.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Nov 1, 2019 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working for this company. They care about their employees! The people here are genuinely nice and hardworking. If you have a personal or family issue they don't hesitate in encouraging you to care of things. Never once have I been made to feel guilty about being too sick to work. (That was not the case at other companies I've worked for). I really love the people I work with. They make the job fun and make work enjoyable. Another great thing about Cardinal is the CEO truly believes a great idea can come from anyone, it doesn't matter what your job title is. He encourages all of the executives to embrace this idea. Because of this all of upper management have an open door policy. ANYONE can set up a meeting with them.

Cons

Over the course of my time here, there have been A LOT of changes. No company is perfect and they are still ironing out some small kinks. Most of the changes have been caused by the rapid growth rate and all of them have been for the better. It keeps work-life interesting, to say the least.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with awesome benefits!

Aug 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Cardinal Financial for over a year, I can tell you that this is a great place to work. - The company culture is fantastic - The ability for you to experience career growth within the organization is some of the best I have seen. - Upper Management gives us lots of support - Great health benefits - You get major holidays off, not common in the mortgage industry. - Company is growing rapidly - Located in Charlotte, NC which is a great place!

Cons

- Occasionally the hours can be long, but not often. - They continue to add more systems monthly, which at times can be challenging.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Competitive pricing and # of leads but long hours

Mar 30, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent loan pricing, fair number of leads, technologically-advanced LOS

Cons

Long hours including working weekends so tough to find work/life balance; upper management is also quick to lay off if you do not regularly meet production goals

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrendous and hostile work environment

Feb 11, 2019 - Settlement Specialist in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company compensates you well.

Cons

There may be other departments that have a great culture and work environment @ Cardinal Financial however that culture and environment does not exist in the Settlement Team for this company. Never have I ever worked for a management team that purposely seeks out your mistakes (daily) and instead of coaching and promoting a positive learning environment on the mistake made, this management team chooses to bully you with the work agreements/procedures you signed at time of employment. I dont understand this management style. There are way more productive and positive ways the Settlement Management Team could deliver constructive criticism to the team or individual other than creating this hostile work environment with the way you manage. You set these monthly expectations on us yet limit the amount of user access we have to move a file through your system. Im constantly having to reach out to upper management for help and overrides yet get left hanging for 30 min - 1 hour if not more. Im constantly taking heat for management dropping the ball yet made to feel like its my fault. Will be leaving this company as soon as I find another job!!

14 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years in and still going strong!

Sep 4, 2019 - Production Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A growing company, Lot's of opportunity to move up, Generous comp plan, and upper management that works hard to be fair and help support staff.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard, but being commission-based.. your hard work pays off!

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away if you care about reputation

Apr 19, 2019 - Branch Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to speak of.

Cons

Inexperienced upper management. 3 managers in 10 months sh$t show. No marketing

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good money

Feb 22, 2019 - Transaction Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is highest I’ve seen in mortgages Allow some work from home positions.

Cons

Typical sales vs. operations. Upper management sees only bottom line.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Happy Employee

Jun 2, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cardinal has a great competitive commission plan, and my manager is amazing. He has literally never put me down or anyone on our team down any chance he gets he tries to lift the team up and will reward us for just doing our job. Best manager I've ever had the opportunity to work with. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be doing so well in the company if he wasn't there to help out. Thanks Danny. Upper management tries to make changes all the time for the best. So these changes are never something i have to sigh about it's always things to try to improve our happiness and efficiency. Senior LO's on my team that have been doing this for a very long time always help everyone out without getting irritated.

Cons

Only con is i miss being able to have the option to leave at 3pm on fridays! Bring it back. Most of the time i would stay past three anyway but having the option to leave early was great. Not very much time for vacations either but it's not really the companies fault it's just job itself

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

"Loan Officer Heaven"

Sep 1, 2015 - License Loan Originator In Multiple States in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Free lunch and brunch every day! - Super upbeat, positive work environment and staff/management - Efficient processing (you still have to pull your weight) as with anything - Fair Comp Plan for LO's - Great location / conveniently located just off 485 for all employees to drive in - Certain Senior Processor's get to work from home - Very well organized and well seasoned upper management - Free gym membership - Kevin Long - the recruiter - actually worked with me for several months - negotiating a great deal for me to onboard. These guys are professionals.

Cons

- Sure I could complain about something - but why? Life isn't perfect and neither are we, but we strive as employees everyday to spank the competition and deliver world-class customer service and sales to all customers we interact with.

7 people found this review helpful