Cardinal Financial Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 30, 2021

Found 34 of over 463 reviews

3.6
Cardinal Financial Company President Nick Florez (no image)
Nick Florez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

48.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cardinal Financial Company~822911
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Financial Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Sep 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work life Balance Trust and Autonomy Generous first year PTO package Competitive Salary

Cons

Nothing to note thus far.

Cardinal Financial Company Response

You're awesome! We're so happy you're happy with your career at Cardinal Financial.

2. 5.0

Wonderful place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Transaction Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I start? I started working for Cardinal Financial in a Retail branch position in 2018. I loved the technology- best in the business. I loved the people I worked with and the support from my branch as well as corporate. They do an excellent job keeping everyone up to date on the ever changing mortgage scene. I have since moved into a corporate TC roll. I work with an amazing supportive team of people. Cardinal cares about their employees and work life balance. Cardinal encourages growth and learning. I enjoy going to work every day and feel like I have found my forever home here. I have worked for other mortgage companies over the years and none compare to Cardinal. Im happy to be a part of Cardinal Financial and look forward to many years growing with the company.

Cons

There are no cons for me

Cardinal Financial Company Response

We love to see employees like you enjoying and growing with our company. Thanks for the stunning review! #CardinalCares

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very unorganized company with little compassion for their employees

Sep 15, 2021 - Client Advocate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, 401K, OT, ability to move up in the company.

Cons

This company is so unorganized. The loan process takes forever with extremely extended loan processing times! I found that upper management has ZERO to little compassion for any of their employees. They preach a “work life balance” yet when tragedy strikes your family they will turn their backs on you so fast and in the blink of an eye your jobless. It’s sad. The new leadership is a wreck or unsympathetic individuals who have destroyed all that the wonderful past leadership built and borrowers are angrier than they’ve ever been! They’ve lost so many employees due to constant, unnecessary and just plain STUPID changes that I lost count! There is NO personal relationships with their borrowers and they care very LITTLE about them! We are basically told to “lie” to the borrowers and give pre-written “responses” to them when asked why their loans are taking so long to fund. They sell borrowers a dream and give them a nightmare!

2 people found this review helpful

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. While your experience isn't up to our standards, we're appreciative of your feedback and will use it to continue to improve. Thank you again.

4. 5.0

Very Happy Here

Sep 22, 2021 - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best Technology in the mortgage industry. Good platform with great tools, products and pricing. Caring company that supports its employees, work life balance and remote work opportunities. Good culture that is improving everyday.

Cons

Not perfect, but no company is. Like many companies an employee's experience at Cardinal Financial was largely dependent upon who you reported to. The company has taken steps to build a stronger more comprehensive culture and experience for all employees. They seem to genuinely listen to feedback and have a desire to continuously improve.

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Continuous improvement is what we're striving for! Glad to hear it's paying off. Thanks for leaving us a shining review!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tread carefully

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s remote… the pros stop there.

Cons

Gaslighting is a huge part of their communication strategy. This is NOT an “employee first” company. They claim “work life balance” in the hiring process but it’s not true once you sign on. As an example, they sponsored a company book club, and instead of giving employees one hour of the month to discuss, they forced us to take a lunch hour. Unlike many companies who do corporate sponsored events on company time. You can’t give us one hour? I was told there was room to grow in the company and that is simply not true in my role. Be careful - they are recruiters and will say anything to get you in and not deliver on their promises. Understaffed.

3 people found this review helpful

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide some feedback. While your experience isn't up to our standards, we're appreciative of your feedback.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast Growing Company

Sep 3, 2021 - Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people across every department, the work environment is A+ Great work-life balance, flexible schedule, and leadership that is understanding of the worker's needs Ability to work remotely post-pandemic Fun events like the book club and occasional company-paid lunch via DoorDash

Cons

Growing pains with lots of moving parts, which is common for expanding companies. No major cons.

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled you enjoyed working at Cardinal Financial.

7. 5.0

Best Place to Work

Sep 17, 2021 - WCA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, great incentive plan, awesome managers, part of a great team.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Cardinal Financial Company Response

No one wants to be stuck in one spot forever. That's why we're thrilled to offer plenty of ways to level up your career at Cardinal Financial! Thanks for the compliments!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 24, 2021 - Loan Originator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is superb

Cons

Always selling the highest rates

Cardinal Financial Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your experience working with Cardinal. We'll make sure this is passed along and seen by the right people.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Demanding Job, you will wear many hats

Jul 29, 2021 - Transaction Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits -Work/life balance -Flexible Schedule -Octane is a good system for the most part

Cons

-If you are on a retail team, management can be hit or miss -You will wear many hats & be responsible for a lot of different duties -Not generous pay

Cardinal Financial Company Response

We're sorry you felt your compensation wasn't up to par and that management let you down at your branch. Our team works hard to see that employees are paid fairly for their experience and position. We'll follow up to see what happened here.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

This is where you want to work

Feb 23, 2021 - Learning Development Specialist II in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I think about Cardinal Financial, the following words come to mind: Work/Life Balance, Teamwork, Tech Savvy, Opportunity and Growth, Raising the bar. If you want to work for a company that cares about its employees, offers an amazing company owned proprietary LOS, is consistently ahead of the game and provides a culture like no other, then Cardinal Financial is where you want to hang your hat.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews