Cardinal Group Companies Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

4.4
Cardinal Group Companies CEO Alex OBrien
Alex OBrien
Pros
  • "This company cares greatly for its team members and wants to see you shine(in 23 reviews)

• "Cardinal is a company that TRULY stands by their mission and core values(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "While company encourages work/life balance, it can be difficult to get all the tasks done in the typical day(in 12 reviews)

• "There's a lot of turnover in this industry, so team members come and go very often(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"The Best"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong senior leadership team that really believes in providing up and coming leaders with the resources to grow and develop their careers. Despite accelerated growth, the company has maintained the culture the company was founded on and continues to prioritize individuals. There's a tremendous amount of investment from the top in making this a great place to work. It's a fun, collaborative workplace and the company has preserved this relaxed environment even as it's grown.

Cons

If you're looking for a "plug and play" job where there's a rigid structure then this might not be the best place for you. You'll have to take ownership of your responsibilities and also invest in your own leadership development. You will receive a ton of feedback on where to improve and are expected to turn that feedback into action. It's not enough to check the boxes and accrue tenure to get promoted - which is also a "pro" and a reason a lot of people choose to build careers at Cardinal. There have also been a few times the company has stumbled and made mistakes due to the rapid growth but there's good awareness around these events and how to mitigate going forward.

June 22, 2020

Your message speaks to the strength of Cardinal at it's core. Each team member joined Cardinal to add their talents and personalities to the culture and the culture is set up to give right back.No one here expects to just sit back and let tenure lift them to new heights, they bring their best each day and make a meaningful career for themselves. Glad to have you on the team.

2. COVID-19

"Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits package Work Life Balance Pay Great upper management Growth opportunities Takes COVID-19 serious.

Cons

They’re aren’t any tall people

3. COVID-19

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Leasing Team Member in State College, PA

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, work from home available during pandemic, Job security, decent pay, commission bonus, growth opportunities

Cons

Turnover hours are rough, working with residents can be stressful

January 13, 2021

It's all about the 3 loves. Love what you do, love who you do it for, and love who you do it with. That's a lot of love! I appreciate your taking the time to let others know.

4. "Forever Learning and Growing!"

Current Employee - Reputation Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking for a work home where you can utilize the best of your skills and surround yourself with out-of-the-box thinkers who are the smartest, most humble and hardworking people in the industry - then CGC is the place for you! The employees of CGC are fantastic! Open-minded and always willing to learn, CGC will forever be an evolving and growing company ready to tackle new endeavors head-first! This company is one of the most progressive I have ever encountered. From their newly-launched "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion" initiative to the addition of three new work holidays (AND SNOW DAYS!), this company is always showing that their employees come first. In addition to the amazing and close-knit work environment, there is also always room for career development. With so many coaches, mentors, and other resources, there is always opportunity to take on new and exciting positions.

Cons

Some positions will require a high stress tolerance and loads of patience. (this is location-dependent) Overtime will be required during specific times of the year. This is usually during a 3-4 week period in the summer.

January 4, 2021

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with so many others who are looking to join a best in class organization. We love hearing that your time here has been filled with opportunity and genuine mentorship. Looking forward to seeing where you take your new role!

5. "Great job"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time

Pros

Love my job so much.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

January 13, 2021

Love YOU so much! We're all in this together, and leaning in to share your excitement for the work being done here as a team goes such a long way. Thank you for taking the time to share.

6. "Wonderful Company and Wonderful People"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They care for their employees

Cons

I have nothing bad to even put because I love this company that much

January 13, 2021

There is 100% no way any of what we are doing could be possible without the passion and determination you and people like you in this organization bring each day. 5 stars right back at ya!

7. "Challenging, Engaging and a Positive Work Culture"

Current Employee - Systems Specialist II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is challenging! I feel supported by teammates and leaders. Opportunities are available for growth, and learning is valued. It's a very engaging and positive place to work.

Cons

Maybe this isn't a con, but because of the workload, sometimes I find myself working after hours or on weekends for short bursts in order to meet a deadline. I take time during the week to balance this out. Work/Life is an important part of the work culture.

December 29, 2020

Having challenges each day to conquer is what keeps a lot of us coming back to work each day in this industry. Unlike others, multifamily is a career in which our challenges have an effect on people's lives and safety. Hearing that you enjoy it and are embracing the challenges each day is only a testament to your being a true cultural addition to Cardinal Group. I can't wait to see what 's in store for you in your time here.

8. "Great Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

About advantages: Continuous training, plenty of resources.

Cons

About disadvantages: Pro Minore Parte

January 13, 2021

Learning and bringing your best each day is what a career is all about. I'm just happy that we get to be a part of your success. Your market isn't the easiest one out there, but you continue to impress and be a leader for others. Well done and thanks for sharing your story here with others.

9. "Great company for growth!"

Current Employee - Assistant Portfolio Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been able to grow my career from a leasing agent to an assistant portfolio manager in 5.5 years. Great company to grow with, great leadership, culture and attention to diversity and inclusion

Cons

The Cons are completely dependent on the position as is similar with all companies in the industry.

December 29, 2020

You're passion and determination screams through in your review! I hope you know how valuable that is in everything you do each day and how it impacts the lives and careers of those you work with. Congratulations on your success, and here's to many more years of bringing your best, true self to others at Cardinal Group Companies.

10. "A+ Culture, Mission and Creative Freedom"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Creative freedom. No micromanaging. Open to change.

Cons

Smaller company issues. Still figuring out best processes and what not.

January 4, 2021

Open and honest communication is what we're all about and I can't thank you enough for yours. Scalability and the challenges that come with it are always a functional part of any company, but without your voice, we wouldn't have the insight to address all the insights that are important to consider as we continue to grow. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 English Reviews