Cardinal Group Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Cardinal Group Companies Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

4.3
Cardinal Group Companies CEO Del De Windt (no image)
Del De Windt
Pros
  • "Growth - You will always see each Team Lead invest in their team members - Always training for the next position(in 14 reviews)

• "This company lives by its core values every single day, with goals of not just being successful, but also being moral and ethical(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many of the people who work here don't have families so that gives you an idea of the work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "They are a growing company with growing pains(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - People & Culture in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of my reasons to come to Cardinal Group was to escape the "stuffy corporate culture" and it has lived up to everything that was discussed in my interviews. I am treated like an adult, trusted to get my work done on my schedule, and able to give my opinion and be heard. My job allows me the opportunity to be the professional I want while also maintaining the person I want to be outside of work also. I am so... thankful for my decision to take the leap out of my last position to join this awesome group.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and holding meetings to give people insight into the "behind the scenes"

Cardinal Group Companies2019-08-07

August 9, 2019

Thanks for the great review. Escaping a stuffy corporate world is the reason a lot of us came to Cardinal. We are thrilled to hear that you have the courage to embrace the core values and bring your best each day. It's because of people like you that we are able to constantly improve. Your voice has been heard!

2. "Awesome Enough To Want To Come Back"

Former Employee - Travel Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture, the training, the executive team and on site teams. They are all family. I left due to heavy travel that did not work with my current situation in life. Something told me not to leave, knowing I’d never have another great company in my career. I love the core values and CWOL. I love that Cardinal wants to be sure they find people who believe in them. There’s so much good I can say!

Cons

Traveling was amazing, however, rough when I was going through a new phase in life. Being away from home and not always being in the best situations was rough. Other than that, I loved it. My managers were the best in the industry. When I was a community manager, I also did not have many cons. There is a disconnect from HQ and onsite teams when it comes to culture. Thankfully, the executive team listened to feedback... from myself and others and working on it.

Advice to Management

Keep going. I’ve been cheering you on before I’ve ever joined and even after I left. At the end of the day, everyone has flaws. However, Cardinal wants to hear what they are and fix them to better their company. That’s the true difference between Cardinal and any other company.

Cardinal Group Companies2019-10-22
  3. "CA Review"

Current Employee - Community Assistant

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies part-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very inclusive and are a very young company

Cons

There is very limited upwards movement, no raises for community interns

Cardinal Group Companies2019-10-21
  4. "Cult Like Mentality"

Former Employee - Ltm

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, full time hours

Cons

No work life balance, their way of leasing is very cult like, and if you don't follow it word for word then you are in trouble

Cardinal Group Companies2019-10-16
  5. "Good Company - Upward mobility encouraged"

Current Employee - Leasing Team Member

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great job during college with a potential after college career path

Cons

Company is learning as they grow. With that comes with some growing pains that the on-site teams have to deal with.

Cardinal Group Companies2019-10-08
  6. "Good for students with small school work load"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies full-time

Pros

The work is on site work.

Cons

Very demanding of time, yet, advertise to college students.

Cardinal Group Companies2019-07-03

August 6, 2019

Totally get it. In fact, this time of year is easily one of the most stressful for anyone in our industry. I promise you though, your experience working in the student housing industry will give you some great tools in future endeavors. If there's ever anything you need or want to talk about regarding your career, hit us up! CV#9

"Good company, lower pay and no increase"

Former Employee - Community Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co workers and organized company

Cons

Pay was very low and no increase over time

Advice to Management

Offer opportunity to receive pay increase

Cardinal Group Companies2019-06-10

August 6, 2019

Really sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as positive as it could be. I wanted to let you know that based on your feedback, we're taking a long look at compensation and what is a fair wage for someone like yourself. Best of luck in what you are doing now, and I hope we get to work together again one day soon.

8. "Unlimited Potential"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Cardinal Group Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, compensation, quick response times from team leaders, support from HQ, and great training.

Cons

No cons out of the ordinary of the property management industry

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Cardinal Group Companies2019-05-16

August 6, 2019

Love the kudos you sent, but want to send them right back on you. We are only as helpful from an HQ level as you are inquisitive and passionate. You clearly live CV#10, well done.

"Fake and Weird."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies full-time

Pros

Some of the people who work there are great. The office in Denver has a great view. It's a step above being unemployed.

Cons

Low pay and the culture is weird and forced. It's like a cult. Be prepared to memorize their list of 10 commandments (Be good all the time, do more with less, ECT.) Just don't expect leadership to follow what they preach. Also, A LOT of the reviews on here are from current employees who are forced to write them.

Cardinal Group Companies2019-06-02

August 6, 2019

Bummer to hear. I'm sure you know that we as a company are really trying to create a positive and rewarding space for everyone, no matter what their role. Sometimes I guess it may seem overbearing or disingenuous. I'd love to hop on a quick call or have an email exchange so we can figure out what can be done to make sure we fall in line with your expectations. Shoot me an email at Nick.Morrison@Cardinalgroup.com

"Community Intern at Cardinal Group"

Former Employee - Community Intern in Charleston, SC

I worked at Cardinal Group Companies part-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is amazing and the company is a fun place to work.

Cons

They are a growing company with growing pains.

Cardinal Group Companies2019-04-05

August 6, 2019

Can't agree with you more that there's some growing pains to overcome. The success we've had has been so amazing and the growth has been so rewarding but there's always infinite room for improvement in all we do. Hopefully, people like you will continue to call it out so we can all make headway as a team. Thanks for the awesome review!

Found 117 reviews