Cardinal Group Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Del De Windt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment and culture (in 7 reviews)

• All team members have fun, work hard and lean on one another (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance can sometimes be over bearing with overwork loads (in 4 reviews)

• Like any growing company, there is always a lot of work to do (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company who sticks to their core value."

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

A very fast growing company, which gives a great opportunity to move up. The company culture is a wonderful thing to be a part of. Wonderful training tools put in place to make it hard for you not to succeed as long as you are doing your job.

CGM Core Value is "Do the right thing all the time" and this is something that they live by. Most companies have values that make them look like a great place, but when push comes to shove, they toss them out the window, NOT CGM.

Cons

The insurance in the benefit package is a little pricy.

2. "Culture is Everything!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The focus really is on culture here - I have never worked anywhere like it in that respect. Management wants employees to know that they are valued and appreciated, and is great at requesting and listening to feedback as they continue striving to keep employees happy. Great office space, fun company events, awesome PTO policy.

Cons

I think there is a big gap between those employees that travel and those who don't - even though we are based in the same office, it often feels like two camps that don't really get to know each other.

3. "Area Maintenance Team Leader"

Current Employee - Area Maintenance Team Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Area Maintenance Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CULTURE! Answers are easy to come by. Everyone I work with, over, and for are some of the most respectful people I have ever been around in my career. This is a company that lives and breathes its Core Values. Couldn't be happier

Cons

None at all. I truly am that happy with my position and company

"Good, but could use some work"

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

I really love working with a small group of people. The idea of being able to grow in a company that aligns with the values that I also value is great! My enthusiasm to start here was unparalleled.

Cons

They're unorganized and unaccessible. I feel like I'm missing on opportunities because I cannot transfer out of state. Although you're required to be employed with Cardinal for 6 months before being able to be promoted from within, one can be hired in at a position higher than someone who's been there longer.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 6 month rule; if someone shows initiative and wants the position and can excel at the position... don't ignore the talent.

5. "Administrative Community Intern"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management part-time

Pros

Awesome benefits (Usually a deduction of rent or something of the sort)
    Free Lunch
    Alright pay
    Looks good on a resume
    Flexible Schedules (They understand you're a college student)

Cons

Depending on your building, lockouts (you aren't paid for)
    Stressful Turns
    Being an RA during the school year...

6. "Great Inboarding & Training Programs"

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

The training program they have set up is great! Their online tutorials so you can follow along at your own pace and they are set up based on your job title.

Cons

No current cons to list.

7. "Former Supervisor, understaffed, midlevel manager gives warrany and construction work to supervisor,unreasonable"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, unwilling to pay for 4 staff members on property, creating a burnout situation

Cons

Unskilled mid level Management. Push the team to burnout. Med level managers think they are the team, rather than acknowledge everyone is a part. Too bug of egos

Advice to Management

Get better portfolio manger.
    Stop givng warranty work, and storm damage that belongs to vendors and construction.

8. "So far soooooo good."

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Team Lead in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Team Lead in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cardinal listens to your recommendations. They make sure you feel valued at all time. This company really has it's finger on the pulse of student housing.

Cons

I was switched from salary to hourly so now I have to take timed lunches and stop working. Before I was allowed to eat at my desk will finishing work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are creating an amazing work environment! I honestly can say I hope to be apart of this company for a long time.

9. "Terrible. Absolutely Terrible."

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

They're "nice" people. They really do try to help you, but tend to fail miserably with everything. Then you get to clean up their messes because you're the on-site employee and they "don't have time" or "have a call". :) :) :) :) :) :)

Cons

They lie, their promises are never fulfilled, not clear with initial instructions, my entire operating cell did not know Yardi well (yes, corporate-level employees did not know how yardi functioned), and they just legitimately do not have a single care in the world about the issues that you and your property are having. The only real conversation I've had with them is about how they're from Colorado and they smoke a ton of marijuana, and how they like to drink. No real business conversation, just a bunch of broken promises and unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Get your operating cells in line. Literally all of my issues were with my terrible operating cell. These people are making you lose some damn good employees.

10. "Cardinal Group"

Former Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started off with a positive experience and multiple promotions within the company pretty quickly.

Opportunities to travel, further your education, etc..

Cons

Definitely choose their favorites and try to slowly wean out those they don't care for in non professional ways that do not reflect the company culture.