Cardinal Group Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Del De Windt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible schedules, email blackout hours, fulfilling work, awesome team members" (in 9 reviews)

• "Promote from within to those who prove themselves and work hard" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance, especially on-site is hard to find" (in 6 reviews)

• "The desire to work among the best of the best takes a lot of dedication which can lead to long hours" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best Culture & Place To Work"

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

They have 10 core values and actually stick to them. The culture is amazing. Email black out periods ensure a personal life as well.

Cons

None so far, I just wish HQ was downtown.

2. "Not worth it"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

Commissions are nice. This is a good company to work for if you're interested in transferring to other properties later on in new areas of the US.

Cons

The company has a lot of potential but falls short with a lot of things. They pride themselves with "cardinal culture" but a lot of the employees do not actually follow the core values. HR is a joke, you can complain about an hostile harassment issue until you're blue in the face and nothing will be done. My last day, the CM stated that she wanted to "slap me across the face" when I did not even interact with her at all that day. This doesn't follow any of the core values at all, but I knew after going to HR 3 times, that nothing would be done. Lastly, Cardinal also "prides" themselves on promoting growth and hiring within but that is hardly the case. You could work there for 4 years and not get a promotion while having the necessary qualifications but yet someone who's been there less than a year can be promoted. Things are not consistent and it is sad how loyal workers are treated like they don't matter.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to each and every one of your workers, and maybe your turn over rate won't be so high.

3. "Shuttle Driver"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management part-time

Pros

The kids are the best reason.

Cons

The management sucks, because I was lied to and told I wasn't being a team player and I never complained about the job, but yet someone who got fired from his job can waltz in there ask for something and get it.

Advice to Management

I wish you guys all the luck in the world, because Karma SUCKS.

4. "Leasing Team Member"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that worked at the office were smart, helpful, and overall great. When we actually did have time to work on projects that we had an impact on, it felt good to achieve something and see our own growth in our abilities. When we did have a budget to do events, some of the residents genuinely appreciated what we did for them and that felt good.

Cons

Not enough opportunity for growth or to build onto what you already know, because job duties were always pushed aside to assist residents with menial tasks. Entering in work orders for people who have access themselves to the resident portal. 90% of orders were for clogged toilets because residents didn't buy plungers and we didn't supply them.. look for the solution with longevity. Again, having a system for residents to check their own rent charges due but so many of them insist on coming down to check the price in person, interrupt you mid sentence or even push in front of another resident you are assisting, to then complain the whole time they were with you about things you have no control over, then they'd come down every month after that and do the same thing. Packages were 80% of our day, which is ridiculous, set up a new system so both residents and workers do not grow to hate this part of the day. Job was sold in the interview as an office job, sales based, with room for growth. Ended up being short staffed and not enough time established for training. Always felt like it was panic mode, running around to do anything for residents to try to keep them happy, when the solution would have been to just maintenance the building itself so residents would be happier with their accommodations. That is the very purpose fueling the business of rental property. Very frustrating role overall. Communication never felt consistent.

Advice to Management

Look at what the residents complain about, find the common denominator and put some money aside to reinvest in your business to aid in resident retention. This saves money in the long run from flipping so many units, online presence will boost itself up at that point and we would be at 100% occupancy easily.

5. "Amazing Culture - Great Company! Join our team!"

Current Employee - HQ Team Member in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - HQ Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many pros! Flexible schedules, email blackout hours, fulfilling work, awesome team members! Leadership truly cares about you as an individual and takes the time to get to know you and listen to you ideas and feedback. That's cool.

Cons

Can be busy but that happens with lots of growth.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing!

"Long enough employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great people depending on the property.

Cons

-Very discriminatory when they say claim otherwise.

"Fun at times, Taxing at others"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cardinal Group's culture and core values are really well put together, and I still hold some of them to this day, despite no longer being employed with them.
    They host many fun team building events, and the on-site perks for team members are wonderful.
    The team when I was working was a group of fun people, who were reasonable and innovative.

Cons

The C-Level management and President are often unreasonable with the expectations of their team.

Despite having been praised for my experience and ability to adapt, suggestions for best practices were ignored, which later resulted in a drastic loss of productivity.
    In addition, the compensation for the position was low, and pay increases were few and far between.
    As the company grows, and additional resources are required to continue to meet those expectations, you're met with pushback in the form of a Core Value: Do More with Less. In that case, it meant growing expectations, a decreasing team size, and multiple conversations with the President about being disappointed in your performance, despite an ever-growing workload and no help in sight.

Being a travelling team member can be difficult at times. Occasionally team members would be put up in dorm rooms with a suggestion to pack bedding.

Advice to Management

You hire team members with experience, growth potential, and resources, and then ignore their advice. Use the resources you have, and let them lead you to the correct answer.

The Core Values are great, but the ways you use some of them run counter to what you're trying to achieve with them.

8. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Managers really valued their employees

Cons

Sometimes management was a bit disorganized

"Values Missing In Action"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has good potential, fair benefits, good training programs.

Cons

Inexperienced young managers often disregard the Cardinal values. You won't advance in your career here if you are past the age of 40.

Advice to Management

Be vigilant about what is going on in your leasing offices. Some managers are slacking off, not working a full work week and not paying attention to the needs of staff.

10. "There’s a lot better out there. Keep looking."

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training. Learn what you can and move on.

Cons

Company values sound great, but the company fails to live up to them.

Advice to Management

Read your company values again. You are off course.