Cardinal Group Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 11, 2019

4.3
Del De Windt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Growth - You will always see each Team Lead invest in their team members - Always training for the next position" (in 11 reviews)

• "Finally, a company that actually practices their core values" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many of the people who work here don't have families so that gives you an idea of the work life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "The desire to work among the best of the best takes a lot of dedication which can lead to long hours" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Martin, TN
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Martin, TN

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given the best tools, training and support, they want you to succeed and will try their best to ensure that happens. Every team member from Maintenance to the CEO are just a phone call away, they make themselves available all the time. This is not your ordinary company this is a family.

Cons

I can't think of any, I have worked in this industry a long time, and since my 2 years coming in with CGM, I have never had a day I didn't enjoy working for them

2. "Incredible support from an even more incredible company!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

support, team environment, "team member" instead of "staff" or "employee", training sessions often, great software systems, people who listen to your ideas and support your growth, AMAZING CORE VALUES that aren't just a gimmick. It's a mantra.

Cons

Very high standards: if you're not willing to work hard to meet goals, if you're not ambitious, if you don't constantly strive for perfection and to exceed expectations, you will not do will with Cardinal.

Advice to Management

Be patient with the new kids on the block. We do make mistakes but, if we're willing to try and fix them, we won't disappoint you. And don't try to grow too fast. Your Ops Cells are becoming overwhelmed and your on-site teams are suffering for it.

"Supportive HQ"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Culture and support from HQ I believe is what makes for such successful communities and employees. I live for the culture and the people at HQ.

Cons

The training department is fantastic, I just think there's a piece of training that is either missed on-site or needs improvement, which would be extra hands on training from HQ on-site when a community has just gotten taken over and also when lots of staff changes occur. It's sad when someones experience or training can be totally different depending on what community they work at. Also...manage some more properties in Michigan!

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to all of your employees, especially those on-site and continue to build strong relationships with everyone who is part of CGM. Working on-site can be challenging when management might not be aware of everything going on at the many properties they have.

"Second to None"

Current Employee - Traveling Leasing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Traveling Leasing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Benefits, Support, Internal Promotion, Opportunities you can't get anywhere else.

Cons

Not a con, but they expect the best: however, they will support you to help you become your best.

Advice to Management

No real advice can be given. It's such a fantastic experience and unlike any other I've had in the property management world.

"Caring Cardinal!"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cardinal always has so many ways you can grow within the company. I've moved twice now with the company and they have helped me every step of the way. Cardinal actually cares about their team members and I absolutely love our culture!

Cons

Wish there were more Indiana properties :)

Advice to Management

Listen to the little people and hear them out.

"Culture is Key"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Cardinal Group Management (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Cardinal is it's culture. You won't find it like anything else in property management. You work in teams, and it never feels like you are too afraid to talk to your team leads or even the President of the company. There are so many training resources, and there are so many opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Because of the growth some of the hands on training is lacking. It is improving, but there is always room for improvement in training.

"Excellent Corporate Culture!"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management part-time

Pros

Cardinal takes care of their employees! They spare no expense to ensure new recruits feel comfortable and at home in their new positions. Their corporate culture is fun and driven which makes sense due to the company’s success. Very good culture for young professionals.

Cons

Some of the properties taken over by this management team had subpar staff which should have been phased out AND due to undesirable locations of some of the properties, management that hired that was not a fit/ was not professional.

8. "Be careful what you wish for....."

Current Employee - N/A in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - N/A in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and will be busy. If you are young or just out of college, a great place to work. If you are mid-career or management, you got be part of the "good old boys" club to get in.

Cons

Read all of their values, especially doing less with more. That tells you what they expect from you working hours. Many of the people who work here don't have families so that gives you an idea of the work life balance. The training is lacking leaving unprepared to perform your job. Little assistance from management as they are always too busy to help.

Advice to Management

Please assess your company from top to bottom. Are we growing too fast? Are all areas set up to pass/fail? What are the priorities? Are you open to new ideas and approaches? No, don't advertise that you are.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time

Pros

I have worked closely with Cardinal Group for the past year and have really enjoyed my time working with them.

Cons

They are a great company with an even greater culture it's hard to say anything negative.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Cardinal, they really do care about their employees. Fun environment to work in and gorgeous office views.

Cons

None that I can think of.