Cardinal Group Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

4.3
Del De Windt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Growth - You will always see each Team Lead invest in their team members - Always training for the next position" (in 11 reviews)

• "Finally, a company that actually practices their core values" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many of the people who work here don't have families so that gives you an idea of the work life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "The desire to work among the best of the best takes a lot of dedication which can lead to long hours" (in 4 reviews)

1. "My Cardinal Story"

Current Employee - Portfolio Sales and Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Portfolio Sales and Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was completely burnt out working for other companies. I allowed all my passion to be sucked from me. When I finally left my last job in student housing I decided to give up my property management career. As a passionate and positive person, this was an extremely hard decision and truly out of my character. I left my last job with no other job offers but I knew there was something out there for me. I just didn’t know what! I had several professional contacts that worked at Cardinal Group and I always knew they were an amazing company. I was asked to apply for the Traveling Community Manager position which requires 95% Travel. As a newlywed, I thought it would be out of the question. However, I applied because I didn’t have another job lined up so I figured, Why Not? I received a call from a director with Cardinal and we had an amazing conversation about Growth, Culture, Development etc. So many things I yearned for at prior companies.
    I received my offer- though so scared at first, I knew I had to take a chance and go for it. 35 flights, 100’s of hotel stays and Countless resident and team members and ONLY 1 turn later- I was promoted to a portfolio Sales and Marketing Manager – where I get to focus on my teams training, Sales, Growth and Development. I am more passionate about my job than I ever have been. It all started by taking a leap of faith. When you want to give up, just push a little further, there are great things in store there.

Cons

More Cardinal Rundown. Thank you for all you do Team!

"Best Company - Hands Down!"

Current Employee - Assistant Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for other property management companies and nothing compares to the amazing culture and endless opportunities. Cardinal has so many programs that help with growth and development and definitely recognizes the hard work and dedication of its team members. Cardinal has its own way of structuring its teams so you cannot be afraid of change - trust me though, it works! If you choose to work for Cardinal you will have an abundance of resources and training available. You will be held accountable for each and every day and will be expected to bring your best.

Cons

It's a lot of work. Cardinal group prides itself in providing the best service possible - you cannot be afraid of hard work or dedication. Third party management can be tough but Cardinal supports its communities and team members as it relates to client dynamics.

3. "Kindest Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started at Cardinal group and in the short period that I have been here, I have met the nicest group of people I have ever worked with. This company lives by its core values every single day, with goals of not just being successful, but also being moral and ethical. This very much shaped my decision to come work for this company. It's been an exciting journey so far and I can't wait to see what opportunities lie in front of me during my Cardinal career!

Cons

Be prepared for change all the time- this company is on the move! If you cannot work for a fast-paced organization, this is not the company for you.

4. "Amazing Culture, Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Portfolio Sales & Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Portfolio Sales & Marketing Manager

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work alongside amazing people who work hard. The best idea wins and everyone's voice is heard. Cardinal is a company that defined itself through its core values, and these values are used on a daily basis by those who bring their passion and determination. Great leaders, great teams, great people!

Cons

You may not believe this but I truly don't have any to note. The hours can be long and the work can be tough, but if you're in property management that shouldn't be news.

"Fun, Young Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Portfolio Sales and Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Portfolio Sales and Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cardinal Group is a fast growing, fast moving company full of young, driven talent. Jobs are being created regularly and there is tons of opportunity to work for a third party management company but not directly be working with day to day operations. Team Members are bright and motivated individuals who, as a whole, get along. The Principals of the company take the environment of HQ seriously and encourage us to create a space we enjoy being in. Recently, we have been expanding home base into Austin and all talent from all over the US to work for us by giving employees the freedom to work from home.

Cons

As expected growing comes with growing pains. There is a great desire by the leads of the company to stay innovative but it comes with a price. There is constant change, leading to constant business, which creates chaos down the line. If you don't enjoy constantly being on the go, this is not a company for you because there is 0 slow season.

Advice to Management

Change is great but make sure you understand how much time you taking from the teams. It seems like there is an "ops can handle it" mentality that isn't always true. When projects continually leak down to the site teams we create an environment that is stressful and full of pressure. It would be ideal to watch timing of projects and target them for Winter and Summer breaks. We barely let up and give our teams time to just do their jobs without the side projects. Leasing cures all even if internally some of our systems could be better.

"Amazing"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. Everyone wants to help you do the best you can do! Ability to move up in the company

Cons

Maybe better pay for full time marketing assistants.

7. "Could be better"

I worked at Cardinal Group Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do offer decent benefits

Cons

they don't care about their employees

"Incredible support from an even more incredible company!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

support, team environment, "team member" instead of "staff" or "employee", training sessions often, great software systems, people who listen to your ideas and support your growth, AMAZING CORE VALUES that aren't just a gimmick. It's a mantra.

Cons

Very high standards: if you're not willing to work hard to meet goals, if you're not ambitious, if you don't constantly strive for perfection and to exceed expectations, you will not do will with Cardinal.

Advice to Management

Be patient with the new kids on the block. We do make mistakes but, if we're willing to try and fix them, we won't disappoint you. And don't try to grow too fast. Your Ops Cells are becoming overwhelmed and your on-site teams are suffering for it.

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Martin, TN
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Martin, TN

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given the best tools, training and support, they want you to succeed and will try their best to ensure that happens. Every team member from Maintenance to the CEO are just a phone call away, they make themselves available all the time. This is not your ordinary company this is a family.

Cons

I can't think of any, I have worked in this industry a long time, and since my 2 years coming in with CGM, I have never had a day I didn't enjoy working for them

"Caring Cardinal!"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Group Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cardinal always has so many ways you can grow within the company. I've moved twice now with the company and they have helped me every step of the way. Cardinal actually cares about their team members and I absolutely love our culture!

Cons

Wish there were more Indiana properties :)

Advice to Management

Listen to the little people and hear them out.