Cardinal Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 19, 2017

2.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Inclusive Company, Poor Pay and Little Upward Mobility"

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

-Inclusive environment
    -Good starter job/gain experience

Cons

-Not competitive in pay, very low
    -Little upward mobility
    -Lack of company direction, frequent layoffs and union phobic

Advice to Management

Increase pay to acquire and maintain talent, put the 'right people in charge', stop focusing on union phobic principles.

2. "Communications Manager"

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Great insurance benefits and salary

Cons

Culture: Everything is perceived as an emergency, extremely fast-paced, long hours, & not a team-oriented environment.

3. "Not necessarily a bad employer but the pay was absolutely abysmal for the work and exposure to pathogens and radiation."

Former Employee - Driver in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Driver in Wichita, KS

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I could work the very late hours I had available. The investment matching and retirement plan was not bad but the health insurance was not impressive for a terribly profitable "health & medical" company.

Cons

Radiation exposure is inevitable and has a cumulative effect. Exposure to pathogens and contagion we're nearly as inevitable. Definitely does not pay enough for the risk.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth, quit having to replace people at an insane rate and having to deal with issues poorly paid, unengaged people create.

4. "material handler"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Cardinal Health (More than a year)

Pros

paid time off is great and also other benefits

Cons

bad management, they treat employees like machines

Advice to Management

treat your employees like human beings

"Constantly changing management, beware of job elimination/layoffs, terrible med benefits."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some nice people working at Cardinal, but most walking around disgruntled and paranoid about their job.

Cons

High turnover, extremely low pay, and only choice for medical benefits is a high-deductible health plan. NO PPO offered.

Advice to Management

Change medical and offer a PPO, align pay with competitors, stop eliminating the jobs of talented, qualified people. Care more about your employees.

6. "Chemical Operations Tech II"

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job and the company has good benefits. My manager was great and flexible with the scheduling.

Cons

position was third shift, seemed to be more of a buddy system where advancement was concerned.

7. "Politically charged / Ultra focused on "diversity ""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous PTO / life balance focus. Interesting benefits include "College Coach" service. For those with children of HS age this is worth $3500/yr per child

Cons

Company VP's and above compensated for selecting "diverse" candidates regardless of whether they are / are not qualified. Completely focused on forcing reverse discrimination and promoting associates that "check a box".

Unbelievably slow to make decisions and afraid to take calculated reasonable business risk for fear of upsetting suppliers / customers.

For those who prefer decisions by committee and lack of accountability- this is a great environment for you.

Advice to Management

Make wise business decisions based on data and facts , not based on political correctness or what "feels good". The lack of accountability to shareholders borders on criminal behavior

8. "Un organized"

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Memphis, TN

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a climate control warehouse

Cons

There is no set schedule even though they tell you that your shift is 3p- 12a.

9. "Nuclear division needs some revamping"

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Descent pay if you work a regular schedule .

Cons

Stay far away from nuclear division at Cardinal operations and Quality. They have internal battle issues at the corporate level so therefore extends down to local level. There is no work life balance and management does not care one bit. Corporate covers up huge issues and blames it on the sites. They tell you one thing and then act a different way. There is little to no advancement opportunities no room for growth. My advice is simply don't do it ! Technicians are not paid very well in comparison to competitors such as PETNET.

Advice to Management

Needs new management who actually cares about what is going on at the site level not just numbers and trends.

"Great Company with Terrible Management and Policies"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate II in Houston, TX

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, the PTO alone is much more than any company I've been employed with before.

Cons

Where to begin?! When I was hired at Cardinal Health I was told that the Cardinal location in San Antonio had been closed and all of their business had been sent to the Houston offices and to expect overtime. I generally have no problem with overtime but we were averaging close to 35 hours of overtime EVERY WEEK. When you're working 16-18 hour shifts in a non-stop moving job with steel toe boots, you start to develop a lot of physical problems. We had a lot of employees having to go to the doctor due to foot pain, I personally would go home with numb toes every single night.

Management played favorites and allowed certain employees to call out or leave whenever they wanted to all the time, one night on a Friday we had a massive order load and were already short handed, upon being told that we'd probably be working a 20 hour shift, every single woman on the shift "went home sick" after the first break but then were bragging the following Sunday about how they'd all planned it and went to the club.

Employees that had 10-15 years of experience were quitting left and right, hardly any of the new-hires stayed longer than a month, when I'd finally had enough, I resigned only later to find out that management didn't appreciate people quitting and leaving them even shorter handed. Please note, if you quit, you're not rehire-able for the rest of your life.

Advice to Management

Open another location to take the stress off of the Houston warehouse, don't ban people for life from working for your company because they eventually got tired of working 70-80 hours a week and having numb toes, feet, and legs from wearing steel toe boots. While Management gets to sit around and not do much of anything other than supervise their workers, their workers are killing their bodies and spending more time at work than at home with their families and deserve a little respect.

Showing 210 of 1,450 reviews