Cover image for Cardinal Health
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Feb 6, 2023

Jason Hollar

What people are saying about Cardinal Health

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Cardinal Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cardinal Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "benefits are good and professionalism of employees in the field are great to work with(in 414 reviews)
  • "People are great and friendly.(in 209 reviews)
  • "The best thing about this job is the pay is good and they allow you to get OT.(in 152 reviews)
  • "work life balance is good(in 131 reviews)
  • "Great culture and very inclusive(in 117 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management was poor and not very structured(in 151 reviews)
  • "Hope for a good manager(in 67 reviews)
  • "there is no competent senior leadership and many of the staff have left because of this.(in 66 reviews)
  • "The training was poor and I was often left with little to do as the supervisor rarely came in at night.(in 53 reviews)
  • "Long hours and evening work is common.(in 53 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Jul 10, 2022 - Director in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and inclusive culture. Wfh flexibility

Cons

No growth strategy, continues cost cutting

2. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Summer Intern

Mar 26, 2013 - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended. Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events. Subsidized housing was nice, too. Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

Continue reading
  3. Join the Cardinal Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company in flux and in need of action based leaders.

Jan 26, 2018 - Major Incident Management - Operations Command Center in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

As larger companies go they have a fairly decent corporate culture and are more professional than the average workplace. You will most likely make more than a few friends because of the frequency of interaction and overall quality of the coworkers.

Cons

They seem to be in a bit or an organisational transition period. (The CEO is no longer George Barrett) They have a majority of their management that seems to be too set in their ways to be competitive or innovative.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and very inclusive

Cons

Pay could be much better