Cover image for Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Health

Add a Review

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Jan 26, 2023

Jason Hollar

What people are saying about Cardinal Health

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Cardinal Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cardinal Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "benefits are good and professionalism of employees in the field are great to work with(in 416 reviews)
  • "People are great and friendly.(in 205 reviews)
  • "The best thing about this job is the pay is good and they allow you to get OT.(in 164 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great culture and very inclusive(in 115 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management was poor and not very structured(in 153 reviews)
  • "Hope for a good manager(in 66 reviews)
  • "there is no competent senior leadership and many of the staff have left because of this.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Long hours and evening work is common.(in 55 reviews)
  • "No training or continuing education because they spent its budget elsewhere (shhh).(in 54 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Summer Intern

Mar 26, 2013 - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended. Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events. Subsidized housing was nice, too. Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

Continue reading
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Inventory Analyst

Aug 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a lot of services for their employees.

Cons

They don't provide the training necessary to complete the job and management is inexperienced.

3. Join the Cardinal Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Cardinal health

Jan 25, 2009 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer good benefits package. I've worked for the company for seven years and I get 248 hours of paid time off each year. They also have decent health care benefits. They have many locations in the US so you have the possibility to work in any state and major metropolitan area.

Cons

They used to have great relocation assistance but I have heard they no longer provide this. The performance incentive bonuses are usually impossible to achieve due to the nature of the supply chain issues and achievements always based on efficiencies that are not controllable half the year. Not much room for promotions or advancement since management and higher level positions don't open up very often.

Continue reading