Cover image for Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health

Engaged Employer

Cardinal Health

Add a Review

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 11, 2021

Jason Hollar

What people are saying about Cardinal Health

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Cardinal Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cardinal Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "benefits are good and professionalism of employees in the field are great to work with(in 416 reviews)
  • "People are great and friendly.(in 205 reviews)
  • "The best thing about this job is the pay is good and they allow you to get OT.(in 164 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great culture and very inclusive(in 115 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management was poor and not very structured(in 153 reviews)
  • "Hope for a good manager(in 66 reviews)
  • "there is no competent senior leadership and many of the staff have left because of this.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Long hours and evening work is common.(in 55 reviews)
  • "No training or continuing education because they spent its budget elsewhere (shhh).(in 54 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cardinal Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Summer Intern

Mar 26, 2013 - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended. Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events. Subsidized housing was nice, too. Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid at all cost!

Oct 6, 2019 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO is pretty solid. Insurance is good. Looks great on your resume.

Cons

This is a company that has great potential but doesn’t have a clear plan for anything. They lay off employees yet they have no transition plan for customers and they are losing business. Upper management has no clue how to steer this giant ship and it’s unfortunately going towards a glacier.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Cardinal Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

warehouse associate

Apr 27, 2013 - Warehouse Associate in Peabody, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

paid time off, some benefits and some co-workers

Cons

wow the politics in the facility is horrible. the management team has favorites even though they say they don't. no one you can talk to because the employees learn not to trust management or HR( it seems HR is more for corporate than the people). female employees learn to use the supervisors to their advantage. employee with English as a second language doesn't know who to turn to because of fear of retaliation (there's also people describing it to being like the killing field). if you voice your opinion you're told to quit because they don't want people with opinions there( it's their way) yes some employee was told their opinion doesn't count. they have team lead that shouldn't even be leads, they were desperate because all the good team leads left and needed someone to be accountable for that department. the pay isn't that great and the longer you work the less you make compare to new hires. employee was told many time that if you don't like it then leave in the beginning of a shift which is really stupid because you just ruin the morale for the whole night. no room for advancement if you only have a high school diploma or if you're not the type who likes to suck up. VERY STRESSFUL work environment when it shouldn't be. there's more things but you can read other peoples review. btw warehouse generalist probably give the worse reviews for a reason while people in upper management gives better reviews.

Be the first to find this review helpful