Cardinal Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 123 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Solutions CEO Kelly P Conway
Kelly P Conway

"This company has it all!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home capability Multiple Projects w/ Updated Technology Down to earth, SMART people to work and learn from Generous Salaries The president, VP, and CTO are all very clear about expectations and will share the numbers of the company every quarter! No one hides things here! Cant forget to mention the happy hours, team events, family nights, etc. SO much fun! You can reach out to the President, VP, and... CTO at any point and they don't hesitate to get back to you, unlike some larger companies.

Cons

There needs to be more offices opened faster, so we can get the Cardinal name out to everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep showing us the numbers, being transparent/honest, and stay available to the employees when needed like you have been!

Cardinal Solutions2018-07-20
  2. "Flexible, People-Oriented Consulting Group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good quality people around you. Owners are good people, and they really care about us and our professional growth. Well connected to real-life innovation with technology. Access to trending technology solutions, training opportunities, and smart people to help you understand it. Lot's of lunches in the office. Frequent social events to stay connected.

Cons

Internal administrative tools not so good. Some client work not great.

Cardinal Solutions2018-08-03

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Work with amazing people and new technologies -Great work life balance. Working over 40 hours per week is rare. -Company investment in trainings, certifications, and conferences to help individuals develop their knowledge and skills -Lots of fun events to connect with others - Reds Game, Cyclones Game, Family Picnic, Holiday Party, Golf outing, 3-on-3 tournament, Paint the Town, Light the Night, Happy Hours,... etc. -Company experiences consistent growth and strong performance

Cons

-The Time tracking tool is a work in progress

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Cardinal Solutions2018-07-16
  4. "Managing Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was very very good

Cons

The bench policy was very misleading

Advice to Management

Ask twice, and then ask again!

Cardinal Solutions2018-08-03
  5. "A good company with some big flaws"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a manager who constantly went to bat for me in a culture that was still struggling to integrate my discipline. I had many learning opportunities and a generous training budget.

Cons

Employees get stuck for years on staff aug jobs. This meant their career growth was stifled as was their interaction with their internal team. Subsequently, there didn't seem to be sufficient vetting of clients for quality, so a few clients were great while most others weren't.

Advice to Management

Stop staff aug work, or at least rotate employees out after a few months. Make it obvious that the company listens to and works on feedback from employee surveys.

Cardinal Solutions2018-07-23
  6. "There is probably a better option for you."

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Higher than average pool of talent Good health benefits

Cons

The company is too small ( and completely unprepared) to compete with Sogeti, Accenture etc. The company is too big to compete with small, focused development shops. The people that succeed at Cardinal could be making much more money working for the bigger names in town, which many people figure out several years too late.

Advice to Management

Either find a way to bill enough to reward the long hours and weekends your employees work, or do more than talk about work / life balance for individuals that would like to spend time with their family.

Cardinal Solutions2018-07-16
  7. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Media Production Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, Family-Work Balance, Friendly Coworkers, Management who cares about people

Cons

A little bit conservative for their industry, a bit closed-minded to new ideas

Advice to Management

More open-mindedness, more explorative projects

Cardinal Solutions2018-07-10

"Really awesome place to work"

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions part-time

Pros

-team environment where management wants everyone to succeed -awesome management team, very friendly and kind -a lot of perks! catered lunches, outings at different properties, bonuses with each lease you got signed within a certain time period

Cons

-sometimes you worked longer than scheduled for since you're responsible for following through your leads

Cardinal Solutions2018-05-25

"Not much more than your average staff aug shop..."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reimbursement offered for training/certifications, potential to relocate to other office locations

Cons

As the title says, Cardinal was little more that a staff augmentation shop when I was there, there was very little actual "consulting" work to be had. It wasn't a bad place to work, but growth opportunities were limited, all of the quarterly, practice area, team building, etc. meetings held after hours were cumbersome, consultant work/life balance was noteable a lack of concern for management, and compensation... packages were absolutely sub-par.

Advice to Management

Worry less about preaching your "good to great" philosophy, and try to be something more than a body shop.

Cardinal Solutions2018-06-06

"Great potential with a horrible lack of leadership"

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Strong focus on culture and hiring the right people. Strong partnership with Microsoft. Can be a rewarding experience if you end up on the right projects.

Cons

Promoted from within for too long resulting in leadership with limited capabilities. Very reactive with no vision. Confusing structure with little to no processes in place. Too much staff aug work. Company relies on a few great employees to carry the organization.

Advice to Management

Your success has mostly been the result of a few great employees. It's time to sell to someone who knows what they are doing.

Cardinal Solutions2018-06-20

Cardinal Solutions Response

June 25, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. Which city are you from? Once I get that info, I will forward to that office's Director of Sales. Thanks! --DM

Found 123 reviews