Cardinal Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 123 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Solutions CEO Kelly P Conway
Kelly P Conway

"I'm happy working here, not interested in leaving"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

My interactions with different levels of management all indicate the same thing: Everyone believes that the success of the office is directly tied to the success of individual employees. Coming from a different environment it's taken some time to learn that I don't have to watch my back. Both in my personal experience and from observations, input from others is taken seriously and evaluated whether or not it's acted... upon. Interactions with clients can be challenging. My observation is that at times a client can become difficult to work with and perhaps have a finger-pointing mentality. That does not translate into internal finger-pointing and negativity. When the concerns are valid they are addressed. If complaints are unreasonable we just absorb it professionally. I'm impressed. We're really trying to help the client, not just take their money. But internally the wagons are circled and no one gets thrown under the bus to please the client. It's good handling of circumstances that can never be perfect.

Cons

I'm not blind, but right now I have a positive outlook which makes it difficult to think in terms of cons. They're there, but I'd have to nitpick. I'd rather not.

Advice to Management

Never forget what keeps skilled developers happy. We don't want to write sub-optimal code and cash a paycheck. We want to write good code and progress to writing great code. We will never be satisfied with our own skills, but we'll always be happy with you if you create the space for us to do what we do best. Unless no one needs developers who write great code, that's a win/win. If a client doesn't want to utilize... our skills or wants us to write bad code under their supervision, refer them to a staffing agency that can provide the services they want. Your good developers won't have any reason to leave and the reputation of the Cardinal brand will be elevated.

Cardinal Solutions2018-04-21
  2. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have a really great culture, very active in the community.

Cons

No formal work from home policy

Cardinal Solutions2018-04-12
  3. "Sr Project Manager"

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

This is a good place to work

Cons

There are not a lot of cons to working here

Cardinal Solutions2018-03-10

April 10, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. We appreciate it. --DM

"Some of the smartest people around!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

I have never worked with so many passionate and intelligent people all under one 'roof'. I have a huge group of people that I can relate to and work along side. They have great benefits, including amazing health insurance. The work/life balance is actually valued as opposed to being talked about and then disregarded in practice. Best place I have every worked.

Cons

Some of the work is at a client site, but that is the nature of consulting.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency going and keep doing what you are doing.

Cardinal Solutions2018-02-06

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you are taking full advantage of what Cardinal has to offer. --DM

5. "Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Given great opportunities to grow your career and learn new technologies on a daily basis

Cons

Can lose touch with colleagues if on-site at a client easier than a non-consulting job

Cardinal Solutions2018-01-23
  6. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The culture here is fun and family-oriented -- everyone is approachable and laid back -Lots of fun events scheduled monthly to keep you connected to coworkers -Cardinal is passionate about charitable giving, so there are many opportunities to contribute to the well-being of our community -Plenty of learning and training opportunities to progress in your career here

Cons

-It gets pretty loud in the office since we're on calls, so you can be easily distracted -It's easy to feel disconnected from coworkers when working full-time at a client

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! I'll make sure to pass along your comments to the management team. --DM

7. "Learn and Grow at Cardinal"

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Cardinal allows anyone to learn, grow, and advance their career by providing unique training opportunities. The office has an "open-door" feel to it, so getting insights, feedback, and collaborating with co-workers is encouraged.

Cons

Can be put on client projects that may result in not being in the Cardinal office for 6 months to over a year. May disconnect you from your peers.

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you are taking advantage of the training and mentoring Cardinal has to offer. As for feeling disconnected at a client, we are always working on ways to deal with that. We also welcome any and all suggestions that our employees have that will help make ...

"Great for someone out of high school"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical insurance plan. Excellent at hiring employees without any clue as to what they will do.

Cons

Really too many to list. High turnover, stale work environment. Lots of idle time and a high favoritism environment. Advancing opportunities are not there. Don't take the bait if you truly think you'll advance here.

Advice to Management

Wow...where to start. CEO needs a true vision of where he wants his company to go. Truly a guppy in a shark tank.

Cardinal Solutions2018-02-04

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. I'll pass your comments (both positive and negative) on to the management team. --DM

"Buyer beware"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training. Downtown location with own parking. Company events. Good place for junior developers to start.

Cons

Sink or swim environment. Organization paints an initial facade as a "true" consulting company with projects to be fulfilled and developed but in the end it's an elaborate staff augmentation firm. Focus is mainly toward Microsoft technologies and thus if they are interested in some niche skill set that you may have or toward most technologies outside of Microsoft technologies...Buyer Beware! Not good place for... seasoned developers to advance careers. Very much of a good old boys/country club atmosphere.

Cardinal Solutions2018-01-31

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. I'll pass your comments (good & bad) on to the management team. --DM

"Hard working & fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- family oriented & fun culture - wide variety of clients & technologies - hard-working, skilled employees - work/life balance - frequent events inside and outside of work

Cons

- with consulting you may not have control of which client you end up working with - when at a client, you may feel a bit distanced from the cardinal core so you'll have to make extra effort to stay engaged

Cardinal Solutions2018-01-10

February 9, 2018Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the positive review! I'm glad you are taking advantage of the Cardinal experience. As for feeling distanced while a client, we are always working on ways to improve this. We welcome any suggestions that our employees have to help make them feel better connected while on ...

Found 123 reviews