Cardinal Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 123 reviews

4.1
Cardinal Solutions CEO Kelly P Conway
Kelly P Conway
  1. "Great IT consulting firm w/ amazing, smart people"

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Co-workers = very talented and smart Culture is the best - not just games (although there are plenty!), but a collaborative work environment where you can feel empowered. Company values and work life balance are second-to-none. Tons of opportunity to self-direct your career in any direction. Involved, transparent management.

Cons

Sometimes the offices feel distant from each other, but this is getting much, much better.

Cardinal Solutions2017-07-05
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth if you find and take them A lot of company events, within your practice and office, to network Great job at showing the status of the company

Cons

A lot of Staff Aug work Nothing to do on the bench Client contracts and billable hours take priority over individual employee goals

Advice to Management

Work with employees to see if opportunities align to their goals. It wont always match, but it doesnt seem that employees have any weigh in on the work they are assigned.

Cardinal Solutions2017-07-06
  3. "Overall okay. Depends which office you're in."

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

The good: Overall great people, great company. Some of the best, brightest, and friendliest folks I've worked with. Anywhere. Ever.

Cons

The bad: Pipeline may veer far afield of not only your strengths but even your practice area! YMMV depending upon which office or practice you're in. For me, the complete disengagement (apathy) of local management coupled with a consistently sketchy pipeline were my reasons for leaving. The ugly: It was difficult to get access to even the most essential, most basic tools, software, and subscriptions I needed to be... successful. Had to use free alternatives or know a guy who knows a guy who could hook me up. Stuff I was told we couldn't get, I'd later find that others had had all along!

Advice to Management

Acknowledge good people if you want to keep them. NONE of them are desperate. ALL of them have options.

Cardinal Solutions2017-06-20

June 26, 2017Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. Could you please let me know which location you are referring to? I want to follow up with them regarding some of your concerns. --Dolf

4. "Top notch consulting"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Owner and culture and done great job growing and maintaining high level of competency for newer technologies. Ideal for younger consultants.

Cons

Account manager driven, putting consultants secondary, and not best for senior consultants.

Cardinal Solutions2017-06-07

"Lack of projects"

Current Employee - Staff Consultant II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The fridge is stocked with pop all of the time and sometimes yogurt Fresh fruit Company events happen frequently Company sports teams

Cons

Takes a long time to be placed at a client, yet they keep hiring people Mundane Bench Action Plan sheet

Advice to Management

Get something set in stone for an employee before hiring

Cardinal Solutions2017-04-30

May 2, 2017Recruiting Manager

Patience you must have, padawan... Judging from your level, you are new to consulting. "Bench Time" is a common thing in the consulting world. Enjoy the downtime and make good use of it! You can take a variety of online training courses, study for certifications, etc. The process ...

6. "Great Company and work experience"

Current Employee - Staff II - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take great care of employees. Your happiness is paramount and it is made known through constant lunches, dinners, parties, events, fun, and great culture building.

Cons

Long contracts at the same client.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Cardinal Solutions2017-03-06

May 2, 2017Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words! Cardinal Solutions cares about its employees and we do everything we can to make them happy. As for long contracts, maybe it's because the client really LOVES you and can't stand to see you go? ;) In all seriousness, if you feel that you need a change ...

7. "Great place to work w/ great people"

I worked at Cardinal Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work, nice/intelligent coworkers, lots of opportunities for engagement

Cons

Many of the projects are "staff-augmentation"

Advice to Management

Find projects that are Cardinal-built projects

Cardinal Solutions2017-01-21

"Great people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've gotten to work on a variety of projects with a lot of smart people for a bunch of different companies during my years here. There are lots of company events like a golf outing, Reds night, family picnic, happy hours, poker night, etc. Good, consistent management. If you're looking for a consulting company, this is a good one! You get to do work for large companies while belonging to a smaller, less... bureaucratic one.

Cons

Sometimes you get placed at a client company for a very long time, unsure of when the end will be, but you can also end up working out of the main office a lot, too.

Cardinal Solutions2016-12-08

May 2, 2017Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the great feedback! Cardinal Culture is one of the best things about working here. We are always trying to find new things to do to bring our employees together. As for being on a lengthy project, please talk to your Team Lead whenever you feel that you have been at ...

9. "Principle Consultant"

Principal Consultant I in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cardinal Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company to work for! They focus on personal development and education, while providing rewarding and challenging placement opportunities for their consultants. Unlike many other consulting agencies, they don't just place independent contractors, rather have a bench for there staff PMs and BAs. Highly recommend them.

Cons

Like most consulting agencies, while on assignment, can feel isolated from company.

Cardinal Solutions2016-11-16

May 2, 2017Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the great review! Trying to keep employees engaged is a top priority for Cardinal. It's why we created The Culture Club. We'll keep striving to keep employees connected no matter where they are assigned. We appreciate the feedback!

10. "Very people centric."

I have been working at Cardinal Solutions

Pros

Very people centric. Work life balance is focus. Employees all seem to want to see branch and company succeed. work for the same goals.

Cons

none come to mind that would limit me from recommending. if you like consulting, it is a good place to be. Branches can be different based on leaders in each office.

Cardinal Solutions2016-11-06