Cardinal Stritch University Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 48 reviews

3.6
Cardinal Stritch University CEO Kathleen Rinehart
Kathleen Rinehart
Pros
  • "Student attitudes make a difference(in 3 reviews)

• "Some of the faculty and staff are nice but there are many bitter and ineffective people working here(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great "Family" Environment and Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Cardinal Stritch is a place where it has a "family-like" feel to the work environment. There have also been some great improvements to their benefits recently, which included a flexible schedule to help achieve a better work-life balance. Cardinal Stritch employees and management practice the mission and vision everyday in the way they interact with the students, staff and faculty.

Cons

Like every work place, there are some minor things that could use improvements. These are like updates to equipment and space.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with employees and continue to work on more employee initiatives. Consider adding on to the work-life balance by offering a work from home (telecommuting) option.

2. "Tremendous opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

CSU is going through an incredible growth spurt and a chance that many universities never get-a comeback. President Rinehart is the first president of too many over the last 8 years whose dedication to the mission is apparent to students, faculty and administration.

Cons

They need to take the time to make sure they get it right. I believe this is happening.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind to the boundless ways we can all succeed.

3. "Wonderful institution of higher education that provides various program options for traditional/non traditional students"

• Overall
    Current Employee - Director of Admissions for Adult & Professional Studies in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, programs, community engagement, diversity

Cons

Would like to see updated athletics area in an effort for staff to utilize for ongoing wellness

Advice to Management

Continue collaborative efforts across campus

4. "You are never just a cog in the machine at Cardinal Stritch University."

Current Employee - Interim Enrollment Data Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Cardinal Stritch University has an honest and caring community of employees. I use the the word community because it's one of the things that is very important to people working here. People here work for the same goal with a strong sense of compassion and care. As an employee you are not just a number or a cog in the wheel you are a part of a team that will help you when you need it and have a common goal to provide...

Cons

There is always room for improvement for any organization but most of the ones here are what I would consider minor. The tech could be improved or updated to make processes easier but to be honest there are plans in place to address these concerns.

5. "Faculty"

Current Employee - Faculty in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The new Dean in the College of Business is moving the college forward. Stritch has been more visible on social platforms and in the media. Improved student experience and faculty development is a major focus. Great diverse leadership! Way to go Stritch!

Cons

Salaries could be significantly improved.

Advice to Management

Keep moving Stritch forward!

6. "Training is unpaid and mandatory -- but no classes offered"

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University part-time

Pros

Student population is skilled and motivated.

Cons

There is a mandatory two week training that is unpaid without any classes being scheduled. Management turns over every 12-18 months and deans schedule classes based on their friends and favorites rather than academic experience. Campus support for course scheduling, textbooks, classroom prep is unorganized and chaotic. No one seems to be doing course development to improve courses.

Advice to Management

Deans are much more interested in their personal businesses and side projects (county board supervisor, Amazon book promotion, consulting business, etc.) rather than being focused on improving the campus and working with faculty.

October 1, 2018HR Specialist

We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and we take feedback very seriously. The current administration is focusing on growth and implementing strong, distinctive initiatives that reflect the Franciscan core values of the University. We are committed to our employees ...

7. "Chief Mission Integration Officer"

• Overall

Pros

Faculty and staff are committed to the mission of the university. It is a place where you really get to know people, know students, and feel like you are making a real impact.

Cons

It is easy to take work home and work over the weekends.

March 22, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to hear that employees are committed to the mission of the University! Cardinal Stritch is an organization that makes a positive impact in the community and we are glad to hear that you feel you can embrace this value! We hope that Cardinal ...

8. "Employment at Cardinal Stritch"

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University full-time

Pros

In the area where I work there is flexibility and good work life balance. The people are friendly.

Cons

Pay has remained stagnant for multiple years.

March 22, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and we are glad to hear that you have flexibility and work life balance. The current administration is focusing on growth and implementing strong, distinctive initiatives that reflect the Franciscan ...

9. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Administrative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Great place to work! great benefits and a ton of time off! The education benefit is huge and is worth the job alone!

Cons

The university needs to keep working on updating some of its buildings and classrooms.

Advice to Management

none

March 22, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We place emphasis on our benefits package and promote employee wellness by offering a ton of paid vacation! We appreciate your review and hope to continue to show that you have made a great career choice!

10. "Same School with Different Approaches"

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Cardinal Stritch University full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Student attitudes make a difference Friendly staff to work with Free parking in multiple spots Support in my department to get things done

Cons

No cost of living increases is hard No budget for activities or training 1% pension match do better not doing Costly insurance with high copays Academic reputation Management culture

Advice to Management

This is a very different school than when I started working here a few years ago. There is not a lot of support and people can only get things done by doing favors for each other instead of there being official channels to get things done. I have seen many people get big promotions and they didn't meet their goals. I don't think that's the kind of message to send to motivate the other people.

Found 48 reviews