Cardington Yutaka Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Hirokazu Kawuai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Purchasing Specialist"

I have been working at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time

Pros

Dynamic environment and fast paced

Cons

High turnover rate and far commute

2. "former associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

I worked at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great insurance. most of people are great to work with.

Cons

could be better place if they would listen to people doing jobs.

Advice to Management

listen more to associates doing jobs.

3. "Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardington, OH

I have been working at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good,benefits are great

Cons

I work 12 hr days 7 days a week

Advice to Management

Get new mangement

4. "An OK job for some people"

Current Employee - Turbine Tech in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Turbine Tech in Cullman, AL

I have been working at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good, there's plenty overtime, there's some friendly people.

Cons

Too much overtime, discommunication between shifts, poor management in some departments, more about production then anything, alot of stress, not much care for the employees so it seems, not much time for a break depending on where your at, high turnover rate, etc..

Advice to Management

Get it straight & then maby you could keep people!

5. "Run Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardington, OH

I have been working at Cardington Yutaka Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ok pay an benefits. Great hard working people.

Cons

Not a family company unless you are administration or management. The only ones that don't work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Don't plan on participating in any company events, because you will be working. Break times are short unless you are an offline team Leader. or material service.. They seem to be exempt from the 10 minute break and 1/2 hour break. Most double that. Drug dealers and addicts in catcon 2nd shift are well known and I guess its ok because no one will deal with the problem.. Drug tests are simple to beat. apparently all you need I some clean pee and a hand warmer. The current tests at a joke. Just beat the temperature strip. Cons I could go on all day and night. This company treats people that work online like cattle.

Advice to Management

Don't forget we are people, not a number. Get involved with employees and keep them informed, not just the Monday meetings. Come out and work and talk with people. Most important, listen to what they have to say.

6. "Work"

Current Employee - Production Tech in Cardington, OH
    Current Employee - Production Tech in Cardington, OH

I have been working at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay is okay, friendly people

Cons

Too much overtime, favoritism, poor management, not worried about associate concerns

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees problems and plant floor problems

"Slave Factory"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Cardington, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Cardington, OH

I worked at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time

Pros

Nice facility and people are great. On site cafeteria is awsome.

Cons

Hot as helll in summer time. No fans allowed.
    No radios allowed. Work you like a machine. Breaks are too short for the amount of distance you have to walk to get to smoking area. Girls get all the easy jobs. If your a man, your screwed.

Advice to Management

I worked there 100 days with perfect attendance and all my reviews were all positive. I busted my butt so I could get hired on after my 90 days of probation. As a temp you make 10 bucks an hour with no paid holidays or benefits at all. Had to push them to get my interview with CYT and finally got one. Interviewed and they call me the next day and said they don't want to hire me and to turn in my uniforms and I'm done! Really?? I was good enough to work there 3 months but when it came time to get benefits and a raise I was cut loose like a piece of trash. So be careful dealing with this company. They'll use you for 90 days for cheap labor , then kick you to the curb. I had friends there that worked like animala and they got escorted out when there 90 days was almost up. What an unprofessional company that just uses people for profit. Glad I'm out of there, I make 16 an hour now with benefits and a dam fan!

"Negative Environment"

Pros

Plenty of overtime. Reach pay cap in only 2 years.

Cons

The management here treats the production associates like cattle. It's an extremely negative environment. There's a huge lack of communication between the coordinators, team leaders, and associates. They'll hire literally anyone who submits an application, so the place is full of thieves and addicts who will rob you of personal belongings.

"An accurate summary from a current employee."

Current Employee - Production Associate in Cardington, OH
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Cardington, OH

Pros

I've noticed most reviews are from former employees so I'd like to offer a perspective from someone who isn't biased or bitter over losing a job. This review is geared toward those interested in working here or already work as a temp and want to get hired in. This is just some information I wish I had been available to me.

As of right now, we start out making 11.25 an hour and get a $1.50 raise after three months. Then we get a quarter raise every three months until we top out at two years. We acquire a total of 40 hours of ETO (earned time off) during the first year and 16 hours of unpaid ETO (which is only for newly hired in employees).

All major United States holidays are paid days off. We get a week off for July 4th and typically a week and a half off for Christmas break. All paid. That goes for full time employees only. Temps do not get paid days off.

You make an additional 50 cents an hour if you're on 2nd or 3rd shift.

After six months, we get two personal call off days. Along with the ETO and paid vacations each year.

Overtime can be both a pro and a con. If you're on a main line, expect to work 10-12 hours 5-6 days a week. You get time and a half after working more than 8 hours a day. So if you work 12 hours a day, you're getting time and a half after the first 8 hours.

You're with a trainer until you sign off on a machine so you don't have to worry about being stuck somewhere without knowing what to do.

It's difficult to get fired unless you have poor attendance or are threatening people. There are plenty of people that don't always hit their numbers and they're still okay. If you're having a bad day and can't keep it, it's not the end of the world. Your job is secured. But that doesn't mean you should slack off every day. Friendly advice: don't call off if you don't have ETO/personal days. Just suck it up and get through the day because once you start getting points, it's hard to get rid of them.

The on-site Ohio Health clinic is free to all full time employees. If you or anyone in your family is feeling ill or has a minor injury or just needs a physical, head into the clinic to checked out.

Affordable medical/dental/eye insurance. Your insurance kicks in after three months, but make sure you complete your assessment online and at the clinic or you'll be paying a lot more a week than you thought you would.

Fitness center for only a dollar a week. The equipment is excellent and the gym is big. It's well worth signing up for.

This is a very family orientated place. There are always holiday parties for the entire family to enjoy and a company picnic each summer.

Most of the employees are friendly and will help answer any questions you have. You'll have plenty of opportunities to make new friends. You're allowed to socialize with those working beside you as long as it does not interfere with your production. If you need any assistance, don't be afraid to ask. People are willing to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

Cons

Overtime without much of a warning. This happens occasionally. There have been times when we were under the impression there would be no weekend overtime only to be told on Friday that emergency weekend overtime is necessary. Also, if your line is nowhere near their quota by last break, expect to work over unless told otherwise.

Lack of communication between the different shifts. I switched from first shift to second shift and was surprised by how different it was despite being on the same line. First shift blames second for any screw ups and vise versa. The way we did things on first is not the way we do them on second. It's easy to resent the other shifts but try not to. You're not there to see what they're experiencing. And the coordinators/team leaders rarely confirm we're all on the same page.

They can make you change shifts with a two week notice. I went from first to second shift but I didn't volunteer. As long as they give you a notice, they can move you at any time. For some people that can be a deal breaker, especially if you have kids and/or a strict schedule. However, after a few months, you can sign up to return to your original shift and bump a newer employee.

Sick days are not excused unless you have a personal day to use or available ETO. My advice is to not use a personal day just to take a day off. You'll regret it if you wake up really sick one day. Always have at least one personal day available.

If you're going to be late, be courteous and call security so they can let your team leader know so someone can cover you until you arrive. You will receive a quarter or half a point depending on how late you are. If you clock in even after one minute, you're going to get a quarter point. So try to be on time, and during bad weather, make sure you leave early because they will not accept your excuses.

You may come across someone above you who is arrogant and condensing and will make you feel bad about yourself/abilities. Some will try to take their anger out on you, but remember that you do have rights. If you feel you're being treated unfairly, speak to someone in administration or upper management. Most people let it slide but things will only improve if the issues are reported and dealt with accordingly.

Leaving to take your break can take up a lot of your break time. You only get two 10 minute breaks (regular hours, no overtime) and a 30 minute lunch. Depending where you work, it can take a couple minutes just to get to your preferred break area and it does indeed count as part of your break. Advice: learn to walk quickly. You'll notice everyone else does.

Lunches/things being stolen from the coolers. This has never happened to me but it has happened to people I know. Be careful what you store in your lunch bag. Don't leave money/cell phones in there...people will/do go through your things without permission and take whatever they want. Management is trying to crack down on this problem so hopefully it stops soon. When you buy a lunch bag, I'd recommend getting something unique or putting your name on it so no one confuses it as theirs or at least can't use that excuse if you catch them. Also try not to leave money/cell phones in coat pockets either...unless your coat is inside your locker. Either keep your phone in your locker or car.

Advice to Management

Communicating between different shifts would be a great help/improvement. Most upper management is not around on 2nd and 3rd shift and they have absolutely no idea what is going on. Instead of just focusing on first shift, try to remember the rest of us.

10. "Cover Your Tail-- Hence CYT"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Cardington, OH
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Cardington, OH

I worked at Cardington Yutaka Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

From offlines to the office staff communication is the worse, on line they treat you like your stupid ,training about 15 minutes. Injury rate to high to comment on, employee over turn to high to comment on. If you have a job KEEP IT. And yes I do know I was there for 14 years.

Advice to Management

consider getting people who care about yutaka and would like to keep it going the way it is and has been for 18 years I'm surprised that Honda hasn't found someone else to build their parts. I wouldn't recommend and I don't recommend Yutaka to anyone who ask me.