Cardiomedix Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zipora David

1. "My work at Cardiomedix is satisfying, and rewarding."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Cardiomedix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. The supervisor is knowledgeable and supportive. She is very approachable and responsive. Demonstrates genuine concern for all employees.

Cons

Inovative company with growth and improvements on the horizon. Time frame is understandably unclear.

Advice to Management

The people that work at Cardiomedix are great. Give more positive feedback.

"Think again, you want to work for a company that values you."

Former Employee - Cardiac Tech in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Cardiac Tech in Evanston, IL

I worked at Cardiomedix full-time

Pros

It was convenient. Much of the staff were wonderful to work with.

Cons

Issues with communication were common. The majority of studies were poor quality and a struggle to get accurate readings. Long hours, paid per study with a daily deadline. Not getting compensated appropriately for 48 to 72 hour studies, yet the studies acquired more time to complete. No paid vacation or additional benefits, no wage increase. Was forced to go 1099 after 10 years of dedicated employment, RNs seemed to be favored over other staff. Not sure if nurses received additional benefits. As my years of employment advanced, it appeared as the office staff became less and less efficient because of frequent employee turnover. I read the positive reviews and they sound fabricated....there were many unhappy employees when I worked for this company. I do pray it has improved...

Advice to Management

Recognize and compensate valued employees!

3. "Excellent opportunity, friendly environment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cardiomedix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been an employee at Cardiomedix for nearly a year, and I have had a very pleasant experience. Benefits include healthcare, paid vacation, paid sick time, and flexible schedules. I was hired at a very reasonable pay rate but given a substantial raise without even asking on my very first paycheck. I appreciate being part of a company that is expanding and cares so much.

Cons

Unfortunately, people are more likely to write a negative review than to take the time to give unprompted praise. I am grateful for the opportunity I was given to work for a innovative company with a great group of people. Every company is not a good fit for each potential employee. Cardiomedix is a great place for people with positive attitudes and strong work ethics.

Advice to Management

I think it is really great that management looks for potential in prospective staff and tailors a position around one's strengths and interests. The individualized approach adds value and meaning to the employee and the company. Management is caring, encourages personal and professional growth, and creates a friendly environment.

5. "Great company, Good benefits."

Current Employee - Nurse in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse in Evanston, IL

Pros

I work at Cardiomedix for few years and during this time Cardiomedix management was very fair and treated me with respect and consideration. When I had personal problems, I got all the support that I needed. I never received such support and consideration in any other company that I worked before.
    I am pleased that after a pause of few years the company restarted providing best quality health insurance. This is an important addition to the other benefits that we receive.

Cons

Hoped they had a closer parking to the building.

Advice to Management

Management should be careful in hiring employees that cause damage to the company and continue to badmouth spread lies and seek revenge after being fired.

"Management needs to stop making employees write false reviews"

Pros

Management will work with your schedule

Cons

-unfair work conditions
    -CEO shows favoritism towards certain employees
    - CEO never recognizes employees on a job well done
    -CEO is rude and intimidating

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop having people write reviews that are false just to change the company's image. There is not much positivity in this company.

7. "Positive reviews are lies by management"

Pros

The provide chairs for us to sit at while we work and restrooms. I can go to work in pajamas and flip flops.

Cons

Owner has no clue on how to operate business, no benefits at all. No organization or leadership from manager, we actually don't even have a manager. HIPAA violations all over this place. Surprised they haven't been fined yet. No staff support, software and monitors are dated. Candidates for hire are lied to about their pay and job responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Sell the company or hire a Operations Manager to manage. Don't lie to your employees about giving us raises or why you can't offer health insurance. Don't adjust our payroll with out confirming with the employee first, that's illegal.

8. "Nurse"

Current Employee - Nurse Assistant in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse Assistant in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Cardiomedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am working at Cardiomedix for many years as one of the nursing staff. I love my work and love the clinical support that we provide to our cardiac patients. Frequently we receive letters from patients stating that we may have saved their life. Everyone in the company is caring and the environment is friendly. We have a good technical support by our IT and our software engineers to solve any technical problem.

Cons

The company pays us for holidays, sick days and vacations.
    I wish we could get also personal days.

Advice to Management

Management works closely with us to keep the high standard.
    Our salary is above the average of what is paid for our type of work.

"Nurse/Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Pros

Flexible hours is a plus

Cons

No raises (multiple employees with no raise after being there 5,10,20 years), No health insurance, no 401k, have to pay for parking.
    Use antiquated software/computers that have chronic issues (with cardiac patients lives on the line~ including babies and children). Heart monitors are not dependable due to unethical practices designed to "cheap out" (lining the pockets of owner with $). Paychecks are often incorrect and can take months to get reimbursed.
    Extremely stressful job with no breaks. No opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

You will get higher productivity from your employees if don't treat them like their easily expendible. Not even cost of living raises? Out of touch with the peasants i guess.

10. "Company making a change, changing lives"

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing Support in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing Support in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Cardiomedix (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cardiomedix has some exciting cardiac technologies. The owner has a knack for hiring some great employees who have become my friends. These relationships make a difference in the work experience.

Cons

Get better benefits. Employees need this.

Advice to Management

Delegate more to the employees. You have great people, and do not need to get so involved in all the details. Let them do their job, and you will be surprised by the results.

11. "Avoid this place,"

Former Employee - Nurse Assistant in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Nurse Assistant in Evanston, IL

Pros

Coffee, parking and cheap cookies are considered benefits.

Cons

Coffee, parking and cheap cookies are considered benefits. The disrespect for employees shown by the company leaders is ridiculous. They have no grasp of good filing or book keeping practices, they do not take input from their employees. The company IT management is an unsupported joke.

Advice to Management

You are all fine people who would do fine if you would stick to things you actually know how to do. You are stretching yourselves and your staff too thin and the failures are readily apparent. Your staff is full of good and dedicated folks. Take their input, treat them better and get some help.