Cardno Senior Project Scientist Reviews | Glassdoor

Susan Reisbord
0 Rating

"They Keep Gnawing"

Senior Project Scientist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cardno

Pros

Interesting work, good co-workers, good benefits

Cons

At risk of being laid off at all times. Do not honor their employment contracts. Persistently getting rid of people who have been profit makers in the past. Tend to put people in tiny boxes making it difficult to use broad skill sets.

Advice to Management

Wake up.

Cardno2016-10-20

"BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Senior Project Scientist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Cardno full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay (that is until they lay you off...). Benefits are decent. Interesting projects. That's about it but glassdoor requires me to write more, sooo ....

Cons

No morale, crappy management, no direction, no training, no commitment to employees, no job security. I have no idea what this company is doing but I don't think they do either. Was hired and offered 20% OVER what I asked for (of course I was elated at the time). Was put in a senior position, which is not what I interviewed for. They only had a few people in the office but rented out a huge building with tons of empty offices. It was depressing and a waste of money. We were very busy when I first started but things began to taper off. I continually asked if I should be concerned for my job and if there was anything I could do, and the answer was always "no". But then one day without notice I was laid off. My boss didn't even have the decency to do it himself. He had some random person do it for him. They just have absolutely no care in the world for their employees and their business direction is misaligned.

Advice to Management

If you know that business isn't doing well, maybe give your employees a heads up instead of leaving them out in the cold.

Cardno2016-02-20
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Senior Project Scientist"

Current Employee - Senior Project Scientist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cardno full-time

Pros

Good co-workers, mostly interesting projects. Good physical space. Stable employer -- had good years during the downturn and running full blast today.

Cons

Management is clueless and seems indifferent -- the higher up the worse it seems to get. Some managers have ethical problems. IT is getting worse and worse -- this is a management issue since they are trying to get more and more out of fewer IT people. The office is looking shabby -- support people are largely gone.

Advice to Management

Actions are worth more than words. Make them consistent.

Cardno2015-04-27

"Setting you up to fail"

Former Employee - Senior Project Scientist

I worked at Cardno full-time for more than a year

Pros

My office was filled with great people. Wish the same could be said for Corporate folks.

Cons

No support. In some ways you are set up to fail. Benefits are horrid. Senior management is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Too many managers. There needs to be a corporate housecleaning of senior staff, VPs, and principals.

Cardno2014-06-29