Cardone Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stanley Gowisnock

Pros
Cons
  • Family business which has it's pros and cons (in 3 reviews)

• A factory family doesn't let someone starve for business benefits (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Cardone has given me the opportunity to develop myself; leaders throughout the business have taken the time to help me grow and learn the business. Growing within Cardone was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader. Leadership encourages you to grow, but it's up to you to make it happen. The company will invest in you show potential.

My salary is in the top percentile for my profession but not only this, I again get the continued education, amazing health care benefits and a balanced lifestyle which is rarely the case within this industry.

Cons

Majority of the manufacturing jobs are moving down south (Texas and Mexico) so the morale is down however, leadership is doing their best by communicating changes and investing in their employees.

Advice to Management

Please continue to invest in your employees in Philadelphia. The Christmas party was a great morale booster for many employees here. It reminded everyone of how things were a few years ago.

"Director of Ecomerce"

Current Employee - Director of Ecommerce in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Ecommerce in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cardone is an excellent company and a top manufacturer in our industry. The company is built around a set of ethical standards based on the golden rule and not the rule of the jungle.

As a company, we look for ethical ways and means to increase our market share while maintaining the highest standard of product quality.

In my thirty years in our industry, I have always admired Cardone and am honored to be able to serve and represent what it stands for.

Cardone is where I want to be and where I want our customers to be.

Cons

A few sales people have made their feeling known on Glass Door, in anonymity. These people are not representative of the feelings that the majority have of Cardone and they DO NOT speak for the majority of Cardone employees that support our company.

Advice to Management

Cardone has a new CEO that can and will take us to the next level. We need to embrace his ideas and focus on revenue generating activities in all that we do. We need to communicate to our employees, what is a stake and how we can win.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Cardone Industries (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people work here. Competitive wages and Great Benefits. The company truly cares for their employees. I enjoy going to work everyday.

Cons

Decision making needs to happen faster. Sometimes decisions take longer then they should.

Advice to Management

Final decision making in most cases can use improvement. Sometimes decision making takes longer then expected.

"Good culture with bad leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cardone Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I believe the Cardone Family really cares about their employees. Provides seminars and learning tools to help you improve your skills. They have a lot of good people working there.

Cons

They teach and encourage servant leadership but many leaders do not treat people well. They brought in people with big titles and long resumes who treat long time and hard working employees poorly.

Advice to Management

If you want a company where everyone wants to work, replace your leadership with people who actually care about their employees.

"Most open, honest, and direct CEO and managment"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper level positions are constantly approachable to talk to and discuss concerns and comments. Great place to learn and further yourself in the world of business, engineering, etc. If you want to advance in your career, this company will put you in a position to become better at M&A, sales, engineering, operations, HR or anything that you are passionate about.

Cons

Parking is tough and often times you have to walk a little further than you would like to get into the office. Not an issue if you don't, but Spanish is always a plus.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing. The CEO change was much needed to take some of the focus off the family and on to the business. Keep being transparent and continue to work with all levels of personnel. Taking people on the line to lunch or working with interns does not go unnoticed by your counterparts and peers.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. This company has tremendous values and a vision for the future.
    2. The Benefits are excellent, and you can't find that many other places.
    3. Due to the fast pace of change, there are great development opportunities for those willing to accept change and learn new skillsets.

Cons

During times of change, it can be stressful and tensions can be high. This is true in any business, and If you find a business that is not constantly evolving it's going to be a business that doesn't survive.

Advice to Management

People are your greatest asset. Continue looking for new ways to promote from within, and show your employees you care. If you continue to do this, your business will thrive.

"AVOID for now"

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned business in business over 40 years. Offer faith based culture but that is diminishing rapidly. Family donates some of profit to local charities.

Cons

There is good change and there is bad change. The culture is changing which is bad. Losing the closeness and personal touches of a family business. Many good people are leaving. They don't see a future here. Unfair treatment by CEO and his condescending treatment of sales and customers and the people that built the business. We may not be perfect but how about leading us instead of berating us?

Advice to Management

To the CEO: Nobody trusts anything you say. It is all a snake oil salesman pitch. To the family: is this who you want representing your family name and legacy? Servant Leader he is not.

"High employee Turnover"

I have been working at Cardone Industries full-time

Pros

If you enjoy a Christian environment, this is a nice place to work. They also offer exrevise class 2 times a week.

Cons

Alot of grwat people are resigning and the company isn't doing anything to keep them.
    Lots of people have a VP title, but do not have a VP skillset. They have just been with the company for a long time.
    Company is always looking for ways to save money, but they give random 'discretionary' bonuses and raises some upwards of 35 percent.
    Then others only get 2 percent, not cool.

Advice to Management

Change the CEO, he is arrogant and condescending, especially towards female employees.
    Stop being hyperfocused on millenials, people in other age brackets would like training and development.

"Good if you need a job"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cardone Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you must have a job and no-one else will hire you

Cons

No advancement, management self involved with internal politics than making good product

Advice to Management

Just quit

"Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cardone Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An employee centric company with great values.

Cons

Moving a lot of work activities South of the border.