Care UK Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Care UK CEO Mike Parish
Mike Parish

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Tough but rewarding work, lovely service Users, and lovely fellow colleagues (in 7 reviews)

• I love my job, great training and opportunities fir advancement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Many of our senior staff work 12 hour shifts and then spend an extra hour handing over at the end of the day which they are NOT paid for (in 4 reviews)

• The manager at the outpatient department has no respect for her staff and never rewards people for their hard work (in 5 reviews)

"great company"

Current Employee - Home Manager in Halstead, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Manager in Halstead, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great system, respect for workers, good staffing levels , great quality

Cons

no pay rise every year

Advice to Management

2. "enjoyable,exciting,rewarding,loving,caring,my life,my world,changed my life forever"

Current Employee - CARER and SUPPORT WORKER for ELDERLY and DISABLED in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its rewarding,the company is kind ,caring,considerate,good rates of pay, good training and updates,alot of support,best company around to work for...very imformative

Cons

time off for holidays,long hours,wake nights,emotional, rates of pay and career moves wanting to upgrade to a higher standard,work so hard get no rewards or bonus,s

Advice to Management

more pay,people wont work in a care industry doing the hard work we do when they can get the same wage by sitting at a supermarket check out...

3. "My experience at Care UK was good"

Former Employee - Appointment Coordinator in Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Appointment Coordinator in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Care UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff were friendly and welcoming, the hours were manageable, the pay was good and the work was straight forward and rewarding

Cons

There wasn't an awful lot of training, you were expected to get on with the job, I learnt more from my colleagues than my employer

Advice to Management

Opportunities for promotion and progression within the company would not have gone a miss. I was co-ordinating hospital appointments but felt I had a lot more to offer the company than what I was.

4. "CARING UK"

Current Employee - Domestic Assistant in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Domestic Assistant in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are all really friendly, as if we're all one big family. The training is outstanding, in the few months I've been there I've had online training and also an amazing opportunity to be trained as a manual handler trainer, which I took up. It was brilliant! Leadership are on the ball, they are great at what they are doing and always look out for the rest of the team. Teamwork is essential, and we always help each other.

Cons

I am at college studying as well, so working and being at college can be difficult, especially trying to manage work-load. We are only allowed 3 days off sick every 6 months, so if we have any more days off due to be really really poorly then we risk losing our jobs. We still have not got a full team in our department so work-load at work can be stressful especially when team are on holiday or off sick and there are less of us to do everything.

Advice to Management

Continue to give lots more training opportunities to all departments, so that all staff are well trained in each areas with high understanding so if needed other departments can step in to help if short of staff but there is an emergency etc.

5. "It's been great , especially having the opportunity to progress in my continuity professional development."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chelmsford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Pros

Greater opportunity to maximise ones potentials in the field of practise and working together with a great team who render help and support.

Cons

Working in a secured environment sometimes minimises our inter-relationship with other careuk staff . Lesser benefits to staff compared to NHS.

Advice to Management

Management should minimise the use of bank staff, especially nurses as there is no effective continuity in implementing and carrying out their tasks because proper inductions are not always deliver to them thus, causing ineffective practises.

6. "good approachable management who are willing to help"

Current Employee - Senior Carer in Gateshead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Carer in Gateshead, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

on-going training, very accommodating if you need time off for personal matters, encourage personal development

Cons

gives a good insight to what Care Uk can offer you

Advice to Management

enjoyable company to work for

7. "with on going training the skys the limmit to how far you can go"

Current Employee - CARER and SUPPORT WORKER for ELDERLY and DISABLED
    Current Employee - CARER and SUPPORT WORKER for ELDERLY and DISABLED

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexabilty working local giving somthing back knowing your commumity

Cons

every days a challange as each day is differant

Advice to Management

supporting us and keep us informed of things that effect us and our community

8. "I am a support worker, working in a supported living environment for people with learning disabilities."

Current Employee - Support Worker in Colchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Colchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Care UK is a passionate company, devoted to stamping out abuse. Care UK are lateral thinkers, using creative techniques to promote independent living. Staff are well trained with competency checks. Regular training is given to ensure the best care is given

Cons

Care UK give you a lot of responsibility for a very low minimum wage.

Advice to Management

More interaction with support workers. This could increase career prospect to devoted staff

9. "I was respected, well supported and provided with massive range of training and development opportunities."

Current Employee - Home Manager in Islington, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Manager in Islington, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to improve my career easily and to develop my skills and knowledge and build up my confidence.

Cons

we constantly hear a lot of announcements of people leaving/joining Care UK expecting to have new ideas and rules to see.

Advice to Management

To visit the care homes more often or at least once a year and meet the employees in person.

10. "Im bank staff and loving it!!!"

Current Employee - Bank Care Assistant in Mildenhall, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Bank Care Assistant in Mildenhall, England (UK)

I have been working at Care UK (More than a year)

Pros

The staff are all lovely to work with....always very positive and helpful, working well as team mates. Im also enjoying the training which I have completed at home on my laptop. Having worked for 5years at the original home before closure, Im finding this home as good if not better in a lot of ways.

Cons

Dealing with the bad press the new home has had since it closed a local home and reopened at a new location. it takes time to a be accepted by the local community and hopefully CareUk can learn from it.

Advice to Management

Have faith.....its a lovely home and the staff are all behind you 100%.