Care.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Care.com Founder & CEO Sheila Lirio Marcelo
Sheila Lirio Marcelo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Had a flexible work from home gig (in 6 reviews)

• You do feel like the management team cares about your life outside of work which is important to work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Would not recommend working here if you want to work for a company that cares for you (in 3 reviews)

• There are no cons that I can think of at this time (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great People. Good Teams"

I worked at Care.com full-time

Pros

People are excellent. Management supports growth.

Cons

The only can would be the location. I think that the company would attract more people if not in Waltham.

Advice to Management

I loved working at Care.com. I don't think I would want anything to change.

2. "Okay"

Pros

Found several jobs on here

Cons

Have to pay for services

Advice to Management

Go through ratings and make sure they're accurate

"Account Payable"

I have been working at Care.com full-time

Pros

They have a great message.

Cons

There is very little work culture.

4. "True to the Mission!"

I have been working at Care.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are completely committed to Care’s mission and truly care about and take pride in the work they are doing. Care.com has created an outstanding company culture. Everyone works extremely hard as individuals but also as a team. Although everyone works hard, they also know how to have fun and stress the importance of a work/life balance, which is refreshing. There are monthly company meetings for keeping everyone in the loop and adding to the transparency of the company. The hours can be very flexible and the company is accommodating with respect to working remotely. My coworkers are very supportive, inspire me everyday, and create a very collaborative environment. The people here are amazing, hardworking, and friendly - they make it easy to want to do good work for them.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great Mission, Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Care.com for a little over a year. The transparency and company meetings are great, keeps the teams informed of the goals and how we plan to reach them. Your managers are always available for one on ones that help you target areas of growth and help with any issues that may arise. The people here are truly the best part of this company. My coworkers are constantly supporting and collaborating with each other which creates a strong sense community.

Cons

Not much comes to mind, have had a great experience with my time here and hope to be here for many years to come.

6. "Values"

Pros

Although this company is the backup care company of the future, their values and integrity are old school. The leadership team is the best I have seen in a very long time and focus on relationships.

Cons

They are growing and have to balance that growth, but so far it is on the right track.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employees and the positive culture....and the clients will notice!

"Newly hired and loving it so far"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Care.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was very smooth - the Talent Acquisition team and my hiring manager were very accommodating and understanding with my schedule, which I really appreciated. I had a month-long trip that fell right during the time I was interviewing and they patiently waited for me to return to complete my interview process.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

"Great culture and great team doing great work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the very top down through the organization, there is a terrific commitment to Care.com's mission; people here are truly dedicated to the work we're doing and the vision for where we're going. In fact, I've not seen this level of dedication at any other company -- and I've been around the block a few times! There are precious few jerks here as well, and no egos -- it's a great team. The org is pretty flat and the belief in work/life balance is real -- people work hard and sometimes long hours but flexibility is legit and working remotely when necessary is not a problem. That's priceless, frankly, especially for working parents.

Cons

Not really a con because I value the pace and challenge but 11 years in and now a public company, Care still operates like a startup -- lean and nimble and quick on the draw. There are challenges with this, but largely it's a great environment for folks who like to dive in and roll up their sleeves and create awesome new experiences.

"A fast-paced B2B divison with purpose"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Care.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- There is a strong alignment between the Sales and Marketing teams in the B2B division of Care.com. It's better than any other company I've worked at. The leadership from both sides are in sync, which makes the work we do much more impactful.
    - Leadership is pretty transparent. We're well aware of our long-term and short term goals.
    - The work we do has a purpose. We're selling something that makes a huge impact for families. For me, that's more meaningful than marketing another piece of software.
    - We move fast. Some say we accomplish more in one week than most people do in a month. I'm never bored.

Cons

- There is room for improvement in the area of benefits and compensation, especially as a B2B division where talent is often comparing overall compensation packages to that of larger B2B companies.

Advice to Management

Continue fighting the good fight for internal resources as we scale. Compare comp & benefits to other B2B companies to stay competitive.

10. "Sales"

I have been working at Care.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for many companies of all sizes from 40 person to a couple of the largest companies in the world. Care.com has the best culture I've seen. They walk the walk when it comes to caring for you as a person and valuing life balance. We are treated as being part of a greater cause, team and family. The benefits are generous. Sales leadership treat us like adults, value our input and 'let us do our thing' while partnering with us to maximize pushing the needle forward.

Cons

Care.com continues to evolve so, like any medium sized company, continues to evolve. One example is that it would be nice as Care.com gets to an even greater profitability, enhancing the 401K to include a more significant match.

Advice to Management

Enhance the company's marketing, most specifically public relations, to get the story out of who we are, what we do, and how we impact individuals and companies.