CareDash Reviews

Updated May 31, 2020

4.7
CareDash CEO Ted Chan (no image)
Ted Chan
  1. COVID-19

"Amazing workplace and culture"

Director, Product Management in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CareDash

Pros

The bar is high to get in the door, but on the other side, you are met with a workplace full of colleagues that are smart, humble, kind, and forward thinking. Additionally, the work is also mission-driven where every member of the team truly cares about having a positive impact on the health and outcomes for the patients that use the platform and a good experience for the healthcare providers as well. CareDash’s management team has been amazing at leading the organization during the transition during COVID-19 from in-office to 100% remote. They started the remote transition before any other organization and supported each employee every step during the transition. It’s truly a special place to work.

Cons

Given that this a fast moving startup, you can expect that you will wear many hats, and you will need to make good decisions with 70% of the necessary information to make a predication with certainty. This kind of environment is not well suited for everyone.

Continue reading
  2. "Fantastic Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at CareDash full-time

Pros

Great team and a great mission

Cons

I don't think there are any!

3. "Great company, great people!"

4.0
    Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship)

I worked at CareDash for less than a year

Pros

Loved the team! CTO knows what he's doing. Liz is fantastic. The general vibe is awesome.

Cons

Some work can be technically over complicated.

4. "10 out of 10"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CareDash full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership Mission Culture People Professionalism Work-life balance Perks & Benefits Accountability all 10 out of 10s

Cons

Maybe a bit more noise in the office. It's quiet in here!

5. "Developer"

I have been working at CareDash full-time

Pros

Great community of people working

Cons

Too many hours of work

6. "Awesome company culture and a fun place to work"

4.0
    Former Intern - Marketing and SEO

I worked at CareDash

Pros

CareDash was a really fun and cool environment to work in. I was a summer intern and then did a winter internship with them. The office is really great - fully stocked kitchen, everyone gets a Macbook laptop to use, segway, massage chair, etc. You can work from pretty much anywhere in the office from your desk to the kitchen, conference rooms and comfy couch rooms for some more privacy if needed. You can take a lunch break whenever and there are great places to grab food nearby, but there were also catered lunches 2X a week which were awesome! Everyone is respected by each other regardless of their hierarchy and I liked being able to see myself making impactful contributions to the company, even as an intern. The CEO, Ted, is super cool and easy to talk to as well. We went on an awesome company trip to the Vineyard over the summer that was pretty extravagant but also great for bonding with my coworkers. I would have loved to work here full-time but they did not have the revenue to keep me around in the position I was interested in.

Cons

Some days felt a little slow because I did not have anyone directly managing me (although this is not generally an issue for most positions). Working independently can be great but it is important to have some sort of guidance especially as an intern. Sometimes the office environment got a little too casual with jokes and messing around but that is something that can either be a positive or a negative depending on your work ethic. Some people were bothered by this while I found it a way to keep things fun in the office.

"A Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at CareDash full-time

Pros

CareDash is a really great place to work. Everyone genuinely cares about each other both professionally and personally, and I enjoy coming to work everyday and spending time with my coworkers. The startup work environment is dynamic and challenging, and CareDash consistently pushes it's employees towards growth and self-improvement. All employees are expected to contribute from day 1, and the amount of responsibility and trust placed in every employee reflects that. You have a lot of freedom to tackle projects that interest you, and upper management is very transparent and receptive to feedback. I also believe in the overarching mission of CareDash and think that the company will continue to grow and be successful. There are also the typical startup perks including catered lunches twice a week, a massage chair, and team bonding trips and activities. One of the best parts about working at CareDash is the emphasis on a work/life balance. When you're at work, you're expected to work hard and be responsible for what you need to get done, but you also have flexibility over your hours and unlimited vacation. Because of this, I never feel stressed about going to work or feel like I'm drowning in work.

Cons

CareDash is a startup, and the cons of working here are likely similar to any other young startup. There is a level of uncertainty about the future and job security, and because you have the ability to touch so many different parts of the business, it can be challenging to streamline certain processes or focus on a very specific project.

"A great workplace for self-motivated people"

Current Employee - Quantitative Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at CareDash full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office has a pretty relaxed culture, with an office Segway, massage chair, and video games, and working here doesn't have you feeling stressed out at the end of each day. Everyone's very supportive of each other and get along really well, and there are fun office-wide activities fairly regularly. The office gets food catered twice a week, and sometimes more often than that, and the company has two annual trips (including a ski trip) for all of its employees. Something I particularly like about the analyst position is that there are many different types of roles in the analyst team depending on where your interests and strengths lie, and the management has encouraged me to look for professional development opportunities (courses or conferences) that can help develop my skills in the direction I'm interested in.

Cons

You probably need to be a pretty self-motivated person to be able to be effective here, since you'll be given plenty of space to work the way you want, which can either work for you or against you. You do also deal with some of the standard cons to start-ups in general, since your salary may be lower for the same position than it would at a larger company, and you'll have less mobility if you want to live in new places but still want to work for the same company.

"You get out of it what you put in"

I have been working at CareDash full-time

Pros

- You get a big say in crafting the direction of your career. Management really values having employees work on projects in which they have interest - You learn a lot! One of the core values of the company is having employees continue to develop professionally, and it willing to put resources into that. - Flexibility. You get a lot of say in how you want to work. Management also values employee's personal lives, and has general policies that allow work life to fit nicely next to any personal life. - It's fun! It's a pretty tight community in the office, and it's celebrated to spend time socializing after work and during lunch. I'm good friends with many folks in the office.

Cons

- The loose structure in the office can sometimes a lot of responsibility on employees to know how to succeed/ contribute well to the company. Management doesn't always go out of their way to empower employees to do meaningful work. - If you're someone who prefers going to work and really putting their nose to the grindstone and expects that same attitude from those around you , you'll be disappointed. People put in the hours and do great work, but it's more laid back. - Company/ team vision can be unclear. You often have to go our of your way to figure out what success means in terms of your work. - Startups have growing pains, and often have structural/ workflow issues that need to worked out, or fires to put out, and Caredash is no different! - Compensation is competitive, especially when starting your career, but not fantastic.

Continue reading

"Great startup environment with lots of potential for growth"

I have been working at CareDash full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Laid-back and flexible work environment, both in what you're working on professionally, as well as flexibility about when you come into the office and needed time off. I would say most/all employees do not abuse this, which is rare in my experience. - New ideas or contributions are welcomed and considered. - Room for growth in your career - you have opportunities to discuss your career and its future regularly with your manager. - Small, collaborative team - we have an open office that makes open communication in person (and over slack!) easy. - Lots of free food and drink.

Cons

- There's always some risk associated with startups, and CareDash is no different, but no job is a guarantee forever. - CareDash is a fast-paced environment, so new priorities sometimes prevent you from diving deep into other things.

Found 15 reviews