CareFlite Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - NREMT-B in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareFlite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Starting pay is higher than most EMS jobs. The management team cares about and helps an employee as soon as asked. Always has continuing education available.

Cons

Downside to working for CAREFLITE is that you will always be busy! But only because so many hospitals and facilities trust only CAREFLITE to have contracts with. Its a blessing.

2. "Great for experience and opportunities"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Bedford, TX

I have been working at CareFlite full-time

Pros

Many different options in schedules and locations. 911, transfers and critical care. Many opportunities for advancement and personal growth.

Cons

Older vehicles. Some employees do not see Careflite as their profession but merely a job. Must endure Immaturity and unprofessionalism quite a bit.

3. "fantastic company to start with and stay with"

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareFlite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited overtime, school reimbursement, friendly staff members, extra pay for holidays, great PTO, free CE, special team opportunities, ability to transfer positions or ambulance locations, yearly uniform upgrades, different hourly shifts available.

Cons

would be nice to have better benefits

Continue reading
  4. "Over all negative experience."

Former Employee - EMT-B in Dallas, TX

I worked at CareFlite full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Shift supervisors in my experience were absolutely fantastic and would be willing to help at anytime. Benefits are decent, Equipment is nice for medics, get used to cuff blood pressures and below average SPO2 monitors for Basics.

Cons

Management above shift supervisors were abysmal at best, a key component of bad management is keeping your employees in the dark. If for whatever reason you get in trouble, you will be called to HQ and told nothing about why, they do this so they can catch you off guard. Generally unprofessional during incident review boards. Was once screamed at by a pretty high up there for something that my partner had done that I had nothing to do with. no care for EMT-Basics, no working GPS’s in trucks, Most have been disconnected and are out of date, had a friend terminated for “using personal GPS in company vehicle.” If you’ve ever worked anywhere in EMS you know that’s not normal. They “don’t listen to dash cams unless they have reason too” however, many people have been discriminated against for things they’ve said in private in front of their partner and dash cam without a wreck or reason for cam to be pulled, they can be remotely accessed. The image of the company is all that matters to the company dispatch is also treated better than even the medics and are treated and see themselves as supervisors. Have had harassment issues from their dispatch that is looked past. To sum it up, if you have a hard time doing the right thing without someone breathing down your neck, CareFite is the place for you. It’s like a relationship where the partner constantly checks your phone and wants to know everything your doing at all times. I was about to get out of healthcare before I moved to a better company. They are NOT the highest paying EMS company in Texas by any stretch of the imagination. That is based on a 56hour work week and is still not true if you worked 56 hours anywhere else. I was promised a spot in Tarrant county during the interview and was put in Dallas county. The call load is way over kill, sure you get a timeout but if for 3 months straight your running 22 out of a 24 hour shift and the only reason you sleep is you take the time-outs. You will be terminated, written up, moved or otherwise penalized for trying to not wreck their trucks. The 24 hour “4 Call Average to occasionally 8 calls” is the biggest lie they ever told us. 30 some odd people in my orientation call within 6 months I doubt half of them were still working at the company. There is a huge disconnect between management and the people who do the work to make the company money, during orientation it really does feel like a family, but that’s the last time it ever will. I absolutely do not recommend this company. Go somewhere else, they will treat you so much better.

Continue reading
  5. "Good money, don’t believe what management says"

Current Employee - EMT-B

I have been working at CareFlite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money,Plenty of OT, Kauffman and Tarrant Division

Cons

Dallas Ground, health insurance is bad and expensive. Broken promises every step of the way.

6. "Ground Paramedic"

I worked at CareFlite

Pros

Good public image. That’s it.

Cons

They don’t hold to their own promises, the ground side has outdated equipment that required jerry-rigging to use, some stations are super cushy because they’re dedicated to one facility, and others you answer calls from the other 5 hospitals in town. Management doesn’t care about its people. You are constantly called in on mandatory overtime

August 6, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the service you brought to the company and we are sorry to hear you didn’t have a great experience during your time.

7. "Not the best, but not the worst"

Former Employee - EMT-B in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at CareFlite full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great exposure to local hospitals, PD and FD. Tuition reimbursement. Offers multiple shift options. Free CE classes.

Cons

Over worked and ill-equipped management. Non-competitive pay. Insufficient resources. Outdated equipment. Ancient work culture.

August 6, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience working with the hospitals, and were able to take advantage of some of our many great benefits including tuition reimbursement, multiple shift options and CE Classes.

8. "Great Learning Experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Paramedic

I have been working at CareFlite full-time

Pros

a lot of overtime to work

Cons

Dispatch doesnt own up to their mistakes

August 6, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you have had a great learning experience during your time here at CareFlite. I encourage you to reach out to your leadership team with any issues you may be having.

9. "It's not worth it, go work somewhere that has busy 911"

Former Employee - EMT-B in Dallas, TX

I worked at CareFlite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited overtime if you have nothing else going on

Cons

It's almost all interfacility transfer. Everything is always your fault, dispatch screws you over your whole shift, you can take time outs but they started to retaliate by taking employees off shifts if they think they're taking too many (most people take time outs because they run you non stop for 16 hours+)

10. "Secondary Paramedic"

4.0
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareFlite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoy the time out privilege, its a program allows two hours down time when feel exhausted.

Cons

equipment needs a upgrade.

Found 46 reviews