CareFusion Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was not great, young company taking lumps on standing up processes (in 30 reviews)

• Upper management only promote like minded people (in 31 reviews)

1. "Very stressful work environment, often standing in one spot for 8 hours"

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

Overtime made pay nice when available

Cons

Long day, often standing in one place

"Run Hard- Terrible Micromanaging Working Environment /Empty Promises/ Very Inexperienced n Deceptive Mgmt Practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

People at the working level are great with good intentions

Cons

Micromanagement, inefficient and extremely wasteful processes pushed on workers to protect inexperienced mgmt egos, rude managers that don't help but make things more complicated, training demands that are not relevant to job, absolutely no work life balance, protected inexperienced cliques in the office- no real team environment, very very high turnover- people leave frequently. The office is just over their heads with extremely poor leadership ....it's unfortunate. Very demanding n political clients

Advice to Management

Be more open to change n people that come in with great ideas. Leave egos at the door. Respect your people at all levels more. Kill the dog and pony shows put on for clients n employees- they see straight through it. Stop throwing your own worker bees under the bus. Hire more experienced management with people skills. Kill excessive and worthless meetings. Listen to people with the experience that you need. Align work with leadership promises (stop abusing commitments n good ideas just bc they were not initiated by you), employee strengths and what the employee is interested in. If leafership is going to be cheap n underresource projects, he needs to adjust expectations -kill the smoke n mirrors routine

"Bad Manager = Bad Experience"

Former Employee - R&D in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - R&D in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People. Helpful and competent.

Cons

Lack of exec leadership enables toxic managers to gain to much responsibility.

Advice to Management

Engage both ways. manage up as well as down. Listen and look for managers no one wants to work for.

"SR Analyst Implementation specialist (yeah right)"

Former Contractor - Senior Analyst
    Former Contractor - Senior Analyst

I worked at CareFusion as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Traveling to different cities every week. They pay for travel, hotel and reimburse $75.00 per/day for food expenses and transportation expenses.

Cons

Leaving your family, no life, you work travel Monday, work like a slave tues, wed, thurs, travel back home on Friday. left with the weekend to recover. The job title is misleading. You're told you would be an Senior Analyst Implementation specialist. That's a fancy way of saying, you will be lifting heavy pyxis workstations and pyxis drawers throughout different hospitals nation wide. Caveat to the pro listed above, you have to have money to start off with. They reimburse you for the food/mileage and baggage claim expenses. Most if not all the implementation staff are contract workers, they know once the project is over they can just let them go after they are broken down. People working along side you are of different age groups and it feels like a let me step on who ever I can in order to look good in front of management in hopes of getting hired on full time. The pay is horrible, if you look the job up on glass door it says your suppose to be making in the $60,000 range, yeah right. I knew some people being paid at $19 or $25 an hour. They are sticklers on overtime and threaten you by saying if overtime exist you will be taken off the schedule. There are some times when they will send out a mass email stating there is no work scheduled for weeks at a time. The full-time employees still work during this time though. Lazy people are rewarded for being lazy. Flight plans and areas of work can change via email leaving you packed for a different climate you weren't expecting. Ultimately I'm happy I got to experience this position personally it showed me how some companies and not to mention names, (managers can be) I seen a rise in the number of Pharmacy Technicians they are hiring, not that your experience or training has anything to do. When you're at a hospital even though you work pharmacy on your weekends on your off time an escort will still have to be present. They cater to the DOP (Department of Pharmacies) of the pharmacies, it's understood they are the customers but disrespect should not be tolerated from anyone.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your staff and not have them working during holidays, while your on vacation. I'm not just saying Christmas and New Years. Give your Veterans the day off too.

6. "The worst!!!"

Former Employee - Machine Operator I in Creedmoor, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator I in Creedmoor, NC

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get machine operating experience!! To be able to find better jobs!!

Cons

Nobody cares if u new they hate to train you. Everyone that has been there the longest has all the say. Management expect you to do things that they couldn't do if they tired. If u sitting behind a desk don't try to tell me how to run a machine. When you can't do it yourself.

Advice to Management

Get out the floor more and see how well everyone is running the machines.

7. "Field Tech"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at CareFusion (Less than a year)

Pros

Car, fuel provided, travel and driving.

Cons

no work life balance. Work too stressful too much expectation

Advice to Management

Get out there and see what it's like to be on the field

"Poor Upper Management, poor documentation, poor leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working hours:
    Most of the upper management are located in other states. No daily micro management and flexible working hours.

Cons

Benefits:
    There are no company matching contributions.
    Working Environment / culture:
    People come in at 1030am (every other day) and leave on time or 10 minutes after 5pm (right after some directors leave). People take long lunches that are more than 2 hours (not just on Friday). No one is interested to get to know each other. This creates a VERY QUIET working environment.

Upper Management:
    The upper management of the department is located in Chicago. The whole department is run by a short young kid, known as Rumpelstiltskin. He tries very hard to keep his position - a once in his life time chance. He hires as many 'army' as he can to show to the board of directors that he is an important asset. These people become his shield when layoffs come. I.E. They get lay off first before anything gets to him.

Career Opportunities:
    I have been working here for almost 4 years and there are no career advancements provided to me. I am required to write procedures and training materials to teach the new, unqualified employees.

Advice to Management

If the upper management or the leads are not changed, this company will be sold to others (passed around among venture companies) in the future until it goes out of business.

"Confusion"

Pros

NONE possible for this Sad company

Cons

To many to list. Run as fast as you can.
    I would give Zero if possible as a Rating.

Advice to Management

Replace all

"Management lacking interpersonal skills"

Pros

Good training program, intense but thorough.

Cons

Team leaders aloof, overbearing, and not too smart. They also liked to yell at and belittle their team members.

Advice to Management

Replace team leaders

"Poor Judgement at Sr Management"

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

If you like politics at the manager position and above, this is the place for you. If you like two faced backstabbing peers, this is the place for you.

Cons

Constantly changing goals, career limiting, fear based management that are sold focused on producing questionable medical devices.

Advice to Management

You should be embarrassed.