CareFusion Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CareFusion Chairman and CEO Kieran Gallahue
Kieran Gallahue

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was not great, young company taking lumps on standing up processes (in 30 reviews)

• Upper management only concerned with how to raise stock price on a daily basis (in 32 reviews)

"Walk around on this ice..."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, some customers, company car (if job permits it), pay isn't bad (could be better) for the amount of hours worked

Cons

Management, no work life balance, over working the worker bee, having you work a position and not get paid for it

Advice to Management

You really need to look at the big picture. People are dropping like flies, lots of unnecessary lay offs which is putting your knowledge base at risk

"Needs help"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, free coffee and tea, microwaves, manufacturing is on site. Management asks for employee concerns, they conduct surveys of employee satisfaction. Good customer base.

Cons

Management does not do anything about what they hear from employees. They decide how much time it takes to do the job even if they haven't done the work before. They thrash people from project to project and cancel projects all the time along with regular layoffs. All of the senior management resigned within a few months after being purchased by BD. The products are old and all the work is band aids to keep it alive.

Advice to Management

Prioritize what will make the business healthy, resolve your internal disputes privately and come out united, staff projects with the right people and let them finish their work before pulling them onto something else.

"Employees Take a Back Seat to Profits"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many great people to work with. Plenty of parking.

Cons

Management is not discreet about who their "favorites" are and you almost have to be a "favorite" to be promoted. Compensation is not commensurate with duties/job description and people are very often given the duties of a senior level position but they are not afforded the tille nor the pay. BD has a Work From Home policy, however CareFusion will not allow it in most departments...unless you are a "favorite".

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for their hard work, not the sunshine because they don't see sunshine that often anyway. You're always telling us how much money the company makes and it's all because of the employees, but the employees are never compensated or given a bonus to prove that you really mean that.

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Some very good team members and nice people, decent location.

Cons

A lot of office politics, groups do not work together and year after year the same people keep making bad decisions, or don't contribute at all, and no one calls them on it, seems they are in a protective bubble and they can do what they please no matter what it does to the business. Management at this site overall is not good, with the exception of a couple of good managers. There are no human resource personnel at the site and this is a problem.

Advice to Management

Find out what people are actually doing, change out the managers who are not effective, don't keep people in positions when they are not a good fit, just because they have been in those positions for a long time. Get an HR representative on the site!

"Letting go"

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great job if you like traveling to different hospitals all across the states. I thought it was a nice adventure.

Cons

I was let go and I believe I heard when I was there they had 50+ employees to share the workload When I was there it was 25 and everybody had plenty of work. Now I feel that has changed. They also changed names. They're now BD. Which makes them international., so it makes me feel that they'll be having a lot more choices? One other thing is the training team for Field Service Techs. treat you like you owe them for the job and try to make you feel like dirt. And then when they let me go they gave me a bad review. I was six mos. in New York and never did the client complain to me that they were unhappy with my work. I believe it was so I would have a hard time collecting unemployment.

Advice to Management

These are MEN coming to work for you and should be treated as so.

6. "Just Okay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great location as it was right off of the freeway, small gym with showers and a small cafeteria. Also, the products were great.

Cons

Inefficient processes, chaotic and old systems. Seemed like it took longer to do things here than at any job I've been at. Promotions were given to those due to popularity rather than to those with greater achievements.

7. "Management Lacking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel and Overtime and per diem food and use of prepaid rental cars, airfare, and hotel. Interview was extremely easy.

Cons

At the mercy of "management" to schedule for paid work assignment. Surprisingly old school management intimidation techniques combined with poor training. Trainers incapable of explaining the most basic steps to complete reporting. Also questionable processes and procedures. Many, many, many verbal HR violations. Harassment. Military like pseudo management.

Advice to Management

Clean house

8. "OK but not great"

Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and impactful technology and work helping others with health needs

Cons

Mgmt banks on your desire to help others and has the staff sacrificing a lot career wise for that privilege. Something like the grade school teacher who pays for her own supplies and accept a very low salary. She is making a difference in children's lives at great personal sacrifice. Carefusion looks for and cultivates this personality trait in employees.

Advice to Management

Change.

"CareFusion is not a BD company"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at CareFusion before it was CareFusion, when it was Cardinal. I've seen lots of transitions, acquisitions, and changes in management. The 5 or so years it was CareFusion was a great time to see the company grow and be so financially successful which was shared with the employees. There was so much flexibility if you were in the right group, work from home, flex hours, and PTO if you were around during the Cardinal transition. Lots of really great people in the organization as well.

Cons

Now that BD has acquired the company the culture and everything that made CareFusion a great place to work has slowly crumbled. There was lots of lip service that BD was going to respect the different cultures, best of both worlds, blah, blah, blah. This turned out l like most acquisitions, lots of jobs lost and counting, complete disregard for the culture of CareFusion and one of the reasons why the company was successful. BD recognizes that there are many processes and programs in place at CFN which they are adopting, only to tell people who run these programs to train others so it all can be moved to the BD SSC in San Antonio. No one I have worked with at BD appears to be happy, they almost seem downtrodden. BD spends money sending people to travel across the country for a meeting at the drop of a hat, zero consideration on spend and savings. There are so many people doing just one specific task or involved in others business that you have no idea how anything gets done or who is doing it. The management at BD said they respected the knowledge of CFN employees but that's only so they can capture it and then you are out. Even in those scenarios people are told there positions will be eliminated but not when. The management group at BD seems almost crippled in making decisions, I've never seen so much hemming and hawing going on but then when decisions are not made others are blamed. Zero direction on projects.

Advice to Management

CFN used to be a great place, that is gone, the culture is gone. I am walking away from tons of PTO that I will never get at another company and flexibility on hours because no matter how hard I try, I cannot be successful at BD. It's a really sad place to be. Walk into any of the SD buildings and it feels like a tomb, no energy. BD, do everyone a favor and sell all of CareFusion, not just respiratory, it would be a huge favor to employees.

"Going down hill quickly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creedmoor, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creedmoor, NC

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay, PTO is roughly 19 days to begin with. Good product lines and people that care.

Cons

Depends on what you do but this is at the NC facility. People in Management positions with no former management skills, but moved in the position because they are liked due to being there for over 5 years. Poor accountability for individuals, and managers don't hold people accountable. Trying to push projects forward from the bottom up, not coming from the top down. Small facility with too many silo's. High turnover rate with engineering, quality and operators. Management does not have the skills needed to run this facility. There are Supervisors with no education or experience.