CareFusion Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

CareFusion San Diego Reviews

San Diego, CA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was not great, young company taking lumps on standing up processes (in 30 reviews)

• Upper management only concerned with how to raise stock price on a daily basis (in 33 reviews)

"Employees Take a Back Seat to Profits"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many great people to work with. Plenty of parking.

Cons

Management is not discreet about who their "favorites" are and you almost have to be a "favorite" to be promoted. Compensation is not commensurate with duties/job description and people are very often given the duties of a senior level position but they are not afforded the tille nor the pay. BD has a Work From Home policy, however CareFusion will not allow it in most departments...unless you are a "favorite".

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for their hard work, not the sunshine because they don't see sunshine that often anyway. You're always telling us how much money the company makes and it's all because of the employees, but the employees are never compensated or given a bonus to prove that you really mean that.

"Job security but little room for advancement"

Former Employee - Principal Electrical Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Electrical Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

At least before the BD merger: job security; lots of PTO; honorable values and products that truly help people; ground level teams were pretty strong

Cons

Slow moving, random upper management decisions constantly changing the direction of projects, putting them on hold or cancelling them midstream; SW team was always behind, holding up HW releases; very political atmosphere in terms of promotions; lots of quality system overhead preventing real engineering work from happening; if you weren't in management, or Senior Principal or above, bonuses were meager; annual increases match COLA if you were on the high performing end

Advice to Management

Constant switches in project direction demonstrate lack of research before starting a project. Make sure all of your teams are well staffed or unburdened by non-engineering overhead. Improve actual opportunities for promotions instead of just playing favorites, putting people into positions they don't really deserve or fulfill.

"Good people, bad management."

Current Employee - Remote Deployment Team in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Deployment Team in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good learning experience. interesting environment, with

Cons

management doesn't monitor employees. Bad employees work here for years, good ones get all the workload and don't get properly compensated. Management doesn't give promotions, but they expect the work of a higher level job.

Advice to Management

treasure your good employees, speak to the bad ones about improving. in other words, actually be involved!

4. "Project Management"

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working for the Stakeholders. Stakeholders were great in understanding their roles and assisting when needed They provided the oversight that was required to make projects succeed.

Cons

Their are a lot of moving parts and fast-paced IT environment. You need to have your A-Game all the time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams and make sure you plan for those regulation requirements.

5. "Techican / lead intaller"

Current Employee - Lead Installer/Electrician/Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Installer/Electrician/Technician in San Diego, CA

Pros

They take care of there employees

Cons

Need organization with material and personel that knows what there doing

"Former Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good employees BELOW the director management level.

Cons

From the director level up CF has completely lost its ability to understand and appreciate the employees.They pretend to care about the "little people" but their actions speak louder than their words. Long term employees are no longer appreciated or wanted. It is a company of "favorites" now. There is a "do as I say" and don't question me attitude that is not only demeaning to the field, but also shows how little management appreciates the years of experience that they have.

Advice to Management

You have lost some very loyal people in the last year. Understanding that you wanted "new blood/new ideas" only will hurt you in the long run. The people you have lost truly loved and respected the company. Now you will have a bunch of folks who will stay until something better comes along. Hopefully BD will see this for what it is before it's too late for CF to continue to be a market leader or even a company that someone can be proud to work for.

7. "Solid company, needs more intelligent/flexible management"

Former Employee - Senior International Tax Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior International Tax Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat their people well. I worked with mainly nice people who cared about each other. Lots of good benefits and support overall.

Cons

Lack of intelligence and innovation amongst management. Too many people concerned about looking good rather than creating value for customers.

Advice to Management

Clean house on some of the older managers and establish a new culture of team building and innovation overall.

"Letting go"

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great job if you like traveling to different hospitals all across the states. I thought it was a nice adventure.

Cons

I was let go and I believe I heard when I was there they had 50+ employees to share the workload When I was there it was 25 and everybody had plenty of work. Now I feel that has changed. They also changed names. They're now BD. Which makes them international., so it makes me feel that they'll be having a lot more choices? One other thing is the training team for Field Service Techs. treat you like you owe them for the job and try to make you feel like dirt. And then when they let me go they gave me a bad review. I was six mos. in New York and never did the client complain to me that they were unhappy with my work. I believe it was so I would have a hard time collecting unemployment.

Advice to Management

These are MEN coming to work for you and should be treated as so.

9. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion (More than 5 years)

Pros

good opportunity to learn new things

Cons

because of global operations some times it requires working odd hours

"Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gain experience on Biomed equipment.

Cons

Temp work.
    Low hourly rate for 95% travel, long on-site assignments (up to 6 weeks), periods without assignments (no pay).