CareFusion Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

CareFusion San Diego Reviews

Updated March 29, 2017

San Diego, CA Area

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was not great, young company taking lumps on standing up processes (in 30 reviews)

• Upper management only promote like minded people (in 31 reviews)

"Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gain experience on Biomed equipment.

Cons

Temp work.
    Low hourly rate for 95% travel, long on-site assignments (up to 6 weeks), periods without assignments (no pay).

2. "Company in Flux Following Acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and high quality products

Cons

Company is going through disruption following acquisition by BD.

Advice to Management

Try to preserve the entrepreneurial culture that made CareFusion a good place to work.

3. "Just Okay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great location as it was right off of the freeway, small gym with showers and a small cafeteria. Also, the products were great.

Cons

Inefficient processes, chaotic and old systems. Seemed like it took longer to do things here than at any job I've been at. Promotions were given to those due to popularity rather than to those with greater achievements.

5. "Management Lacking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel and Overtime and per diem food and use of prepaid rental cars, airfare, and hotel. Interview was extremely easy.

Cons

At the mercy of "management" to schedule for paid work assignment. Surprisingly old school management intimidation techniques combined with poor training. Trainers incapable of explaining the most basic steps to complete reporting. Also questionable processes and procedures. Many, many, many verbal HR violations. Harassment. Military like pseudo management.

Advice to Management

Clean house

6. "OK but not great"

Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and impactful technology and work helping others with health needs

Cons

Mgmt banks on your desire to help others and has the staff sacrificing a lot career wise for that privilege. Something like the grade school teacher who pays for her own supplies and accept a very low salary. She is making a difference in children's lives at great personal sacrifice. Carefusion looks for and cultivates this personality trait in employees.

Advice to Management

Change.

"Recall Department, Customer Support"

Former Contractor - Field Service Support Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Field Service Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything good except for okay pay.

Cons

The culture is horrible, there is a lot of gossip and unprofessionallism from the employees as well as management. They literally talk about breast and butt lifts. If you are not a part of the clique you are immediately singled out and frowned upon. Management allows poor attendance and disrespect from employees. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. The work is simple, but oftentimes one finds themselves twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do. Retention is high, during my time we lost 5 people over a time span of 3 weeks. Not to mention how everyday so many germs are passed through coughing and sneezing. I received an ear infection and a star over my eye from poor health conditions. The company does not have the decency to inform ill employees to cover their mouths or stay at home to prevent all of the other employees from getting sick. The employees are rude and inconsiderate and the company need some serious work. I was placed under direction with someone who constantly whispered and told gossip about other employees. This sets a very bad example and tone for new employees and the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing poor attendance and rude behavior from employees. Place someone in charge that isn’t going to sit down, whisper and gossip about other employees. It creates a very uncomfortable and non-productive environment .

"CareFusion is not a BD company"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at CareFusion before it was CareFusion, when it was Cardinal. I've seen lots of transitions, acquisitions, and changes in management. The 5 or so years it was CareFusion was a great time to see the company grow and be so financially successful which was shared with the employees. There was so much flexibility if you were in the right group, work from home, flex hours, and PTO if you were around during the Cardinal transition. Lots of really great people in the organization as well.

Cons

Now that BD has acquired the company the culture and everything that made CareFusion a great place to work has slowly crumbled. There was lots of lip service that BD was going to respect the different cultures, best of both worlds, blah, blah, blah. This turned out l like most acquisitions, lots of jobs lost and counting, complete disregard for the culture of CareFusion and one of the reasons why the company was successful. BD recognizes that there are many processes and programs in place at CFN which they are adopting, only to tell people who run these programs to train others so it all can be moved to the BD SSC in San Antonio. No one I have worked with at BD appears to be happy, they almost seem downtrodden. BD spends money sending people to travel across the country for a meeting at the drop of a hat, zero consideration on spend and savings. There are so many people doing just one specific task or involved in others business that you have no idea how anything gets done or who is doing it. The management at BD said they respected the knowledge of CFN employees but that's only so they can capture it and then you are out. Even in those scenarios people are told there positions will be eliminated but not when. The management group at BD seems almost crippled in making decisions, I've never seen so much hemming and hawing going on but then when decisions are not made others are blamed. Zero direction on projects.

Advice to Management

CFN used to be a great place, that is gone, the culture is gone. I am walking away from tons of PTO that I will never get at another company and flexibility on hours because no matter how hard I try, I cannot be successful at BD. It's a really sad place to be. Walk into any of the SD buildings and it feels like a tomb, no energy. BD, do everyone a favor and sell all of CareFusion, not just respiratory, it would be a huge favor to employees.

9. "Okay Company"

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great people, Great location and sustainable product. Even better if you network with the shot callers and tenured managers.

Cons

Too many inner circles. Upper management only promote like minded people. Do not give chance to other hard working employees. Most managers are non-technical and spend time delegating and creating tasks due to lack of understanding. Managers spend more time focusing on themselves than building up employees and rarely define a career path.

Advice to Management

Too much favoritism, and backdoor politics.

"Great before BD Acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Carefusion was an amazing company to work for. The executives were great, cared about their employees and the impact our products had on patients. After BD acquired CFN, the CFN executives FOUGHT to ensure the employees received their promised company bonus, after BD went back on that agreement.

Cons

Everything BD. Company culture and the people that took over are less than to be desired. See explanation in the Pros section about BD, this shows how little they care about their employees.

11. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Well funded company with some talented people to work with. Fast paced engineering environment which I thrived on. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Was always in fear of lay-off. Lack of vision and leadership from upper management. Often never knew where we were headed in regard to the next program.