CareFusion Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

CareFusion San Diego Reviews

Updated March 10, 2017

San Diego, CA Area

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was not great, young company taking lumps on standing up processes (in 30 reviews)

• Upper management only promote like minded people (in 31 reviews)

1. "It's no longer CareFusion"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

CareFusion was a great place to work for. With the transition from Cardinal Health, the CareFusion team was quick to adapt to its changing environment and everyone in the company grew together with the changes.

Cons

Now that CareFusion is now under BD, communication with New Jersey has slowed decision making, and lines of communication is not what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Wishing BD good luck. Don't really see the cost savings if more people are doing tasks what fewer people did before the transition.

2. "sourcing Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

No cons for the moment

3. "Chaotic management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, interesting work, many good people to work with.

Cons

Management would seem to shift things around every 6 months or so. You may be moved to a different part of a project and have a new manager. Management had an interest in themselves, more than the team. Sometimes big swings in management without reason would happen - such as software developers not allowed to communicate with testers.

"Unstable while transitioning to BD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company provides a diverse portfolio of devices, products, and systems that offer end-to-end solution for patient care.

Cons

CareFusion was recently bought-out by BD and seems somewhat unstable during this transition period. There is underlying fear and uncertainty among CareFusion employees while the company undergoes reorganization/integration with BD.

Advice to Management

New managers need to have required curricula to develop their communication, interpersonal, and management skills. Avoid promoting new managers within a short timeframe and without evaluation or input from direct reports.

6. "Average"

Former Employee - Manufacturing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good systems and best practices to leverage. Plenty of opportunity to improve which is great for anyone wanting to drive change.

Cons

Very siloed, average leadership at site, avoids working with corporate.

Advice to Management

Work on leadership skills, develop managers and directors on their conduct.

7. "Decent"

Former Intern - Software Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Intern - Software Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom, kind of slow paced if you like that.

Cons

Kind of slow and not super coding intensive.

"Purchased by BD - Sliding Downhill"

Current Employee - Human Resource in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resource in San Diego, CA

Pros

It is hard to think of a pro when your company was bought and you know your end date is imminent. I had a mentor who took me under their wing and I was able to expand and grow within the company that way.

Cons

With the merger, we are now expected to work longer hours, take on more responsibilities, all with no incentives. Promotions are being denied. My growth within the company had nothing to do with my management, they were disengaged and helpless, but with my luck in gaining a mentor right away.

Advice to Management

Don't lead your team on with hopes of compensatory rewards, when it has been made clear we are not getting anything. Be honest, state what you know when you know it.

9. "It was fun ~"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay. Advancement opportunities are available. Positive work environment. Great collaborative effort when deadlines need to be met.

Cons

There are silos between the product segments. Occasional overtime/weekend work is needed.

Advice to Management

I left before the purchase by BD, I am not sure if the culture has shifted, but the CFN I remember was a joy to come in and work hard for..and I can't say that about any other place I have worked at in the past.

"layed with eligible to rehire is not what you think"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was a great place to work. Was there when it was Pyxis then Cardinal. But it's gone downhill since then.

Cons

Was layed off in October 2015 and told I wad eligible for rehire. BUT when a hiring manager (from a different dept) tried to hire me back (for a slightly different position) they were told that I couldn't be rehired until id been away ONE FULL YEAR! what a bunch of BS... goodbye Carefusion our paths will never cross again

Advice to Management

Company has far too many chiefs and yet they keep laying off the Indians... maybe it's time to reduce the management deadlock and there's plenty of it

"Mickey mouse shop. Everything is disorganized all the time and everyone is always running around like a chicken"

Former Employee - See Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - See Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are nearly no pros except if you live near. Maybe free coffee and tea? Everyone leaves all the time so there are a lot of open divisions?

Cons

Everything is a con about this place. It's a mickey mouse operation. Everyone runs around like a chicken with their head chopped off.

Advice to Management

Look at completely reorganizing your organization. Maybe follow a little what BD does. Anything is an improvement. Don't hire and promote your friends who are completely incompetent.