CareMedic Reviews | Glassdoor

CareMedic Reviews

2.0
Sheila H. Schweitzer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "This division is the red-headed step child of a huge corporation"

I worked at CareMedic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits including the traditional insurance and PTO, plus 401k matching and stock purchase option. Fantastic colleagues/peers who self-initiated teamwork. Incredible flexibility with little to no micro-management.

Cons

Optum purchased this small company and pretty much forgot about it. There was very little product enhancement, investment in employees, and a non-existent marketing budget for this tiny division of a giant company. Similar products were sold through another division of the same company, creating channel conflict. Management was directionless for this division. No marketing budget, outdated technology, and pricing that was no longer competitive created significant challenges. HR was self-service,aka, a total time-suck and impossible to navigate.

Advice to Management

Invest in your products or sunset them, but don't let them die a slow and painful death on the vine.

"Disposable Employees, Tyranny Management Style"

Former Employee - Not Important and Unappreciated in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Not Important and Unappreciated in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CareMedic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Pay was good, benefits were ok. You would think working for a division of United HealthCare that you would have great benefits. We actually had some of the worst benefits for full-time perm employees. Our deductibles were increased every year.

Cons

Too many acquisitions. Employees became disposable. Everyone feared for their jobs. I hear that they still do...Senior management doesn't care about anyone but themselves and their bonus checks. The worker bees stopped seeing bonuses years ago due to greedy management. Long hours expected but no overtime for hard work or even a pat on the back.

Advice to Management

Do some house cleaning in your IT department. It's rancid!

3. "Learned alot,however its not a place that I would refer anyone to work."

Former Employee - Senior Product Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CareMedic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling, work at home days, close early day before holidays. Not a lot of pros unfortunatley

Cons

Small company mentality. Smaller company acquired by another company, however the same management team is still in place. Promotions based on who you know and not what you know. Horrible medical insurance benefits. Outsourced a lot of business overseas.

Advice to Management

New management is needed. In order to improve the culture of organization.

4. "It's a paycheck."

Current Employee - Support Delivery in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Support Delivery in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Generous PTO
    Ok health Benefits
    Close metro working location

Cons

Lack of management.
    Understaffed and over worked.
    Real lack of knowing where they are going and following through.
    Treat thier support employees like dirt, even though they are the back bone of the company and work harder and longer than any department.
    Six day work weeks is mandatory over time.
    Not fleixble with with work life situations.

Advice to Management

Get your act together so we can work for a company that we are proud of. Intergrate some leadership that has a vision and follows through with things they state they will implementate. High more staff so we have enough people to handle the massive work flow. Treat us with respect.

5. "Too Few do so much!"

Current Employee - Product Delivery in Decatur, GA
    Current Employee - Product Delivery in Decatur, GA

Pros

Casual atmosphere and overall friendly people. Plenty of work to keep employees busy.

Cons

Director level is a mixed bag with none of them inspiring excellence. No incentive based bonus program.

Advice to Management

I would suggest anonymous feedback groups to fix some of the issues at the Director Level. Overall good people at the positions, but maybe coaching and training is needed. It could be said though that they do the best with some of the support staff they have.

6. "There needs to be change...."

Current Employee - Support Delivery Specialist I in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Support Delivery Specialist I in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Great benefits, casual atmosphere, leading technology in Healthcare and great people to work with.

Cons

Compensation doesn't match skill sets or work load. Need better recruitment. Support departments between Decatur and St Petersburg need to have positions based on skill sets - not who you know and there should be levels 1,2,3 and SME

Advice to Management

Communicate better and be proactive rather than re-active. Recruitment process might want to include personality testing.

7. "Growth pain as the company fail to mature."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Pros

great place to learn, this is a beginner heavens as long as you are friendly to your manager

Cons

too much politics, managers rather hire people with no skills as long is a friend of a friend.

Advice to Management

be impartial be fair with all employee TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS

"An adolescent company with growing pains"

Current Employee - Not Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Not Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Company prefers to promote from within if possible. Holding their own and have not cutback on benefits, including continued funding for 401k, during this downward economy. Expanding product offerings to organically grow the company. CareMedic offers benefits from top-tier carriers with national networks. Expanded training for all employees now offered. Wellness plan is new for 2009.

Cons

Still exhibiting growing pains. This is now an adolescent company and as such the culture is changing from a free-wheeling software company to a more mature and responsible enterprise solutions company. Constant flux and turnover with sales personnel.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow CareMedic organically and do not revert to the 2006 mentality that we are ripe for the picking. Inhouse we seem to be clicking on all cylinders but the sales staff is too disconnected from the rest of the company. Seek ways to include them more to smooth communication between them and the rest of the company. They need to see the results of their labors in more than just their paychecks.

"If you want to be on a island and make a lot of money, this is the place."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

IF you want to make a lot of money, then this is the place to be! No micro managing here!

Cons

Lack of communication from top to bottom, infrastructure sucks and leadership is the good ole boy network or better said good ole girl network! Health Benefits are awful.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your subordinates and rest of company. A happy company is a productive company. We need more checks and balances to make sure we can deliver on what we bring to market. Look at qualifications of individuals prior to hiring or promoting them.