CareMore Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sachin H. Jain, MD, MBA

Pros
  • The company encourages ideas, and has a forward-thinking model of care and with their employees (in 5 reviews)

• If you want to make a difference then come work for Caremore (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is clueless as to hard the "line staff" work (in 9 reviews)

• There are challenges due to changes in Medicare (in 3 reviews)

"Manager, Sales"

Current Employee - Manager in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CareMore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth Opportunity, Tons of personal development support, financially stable, Great employee benefits, career change and fun to work environment.

Cons

definitely some "old guard" mentality and some silos but it is a fresh, new look so open up your thinking and have no fear. Everyone is open to development and improvement and change.

Advice to Management

Keep direct lines of communication always open!

"It's not about the money, it's about making a difference..."

Current Employee - Sales in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CareMore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of Healthcare companies that are driven by the yearning to make a quick buck. They are not in it for the long haul as they are driven to grow quickly and sellout to a bigger company. In this aspect CareMore is different. For our leadership and parent company it's definitely important to continue to be a highly profitable organization but making money is not the end goal. It's about taking care of as lives as we can. It's ultimately about delivering a personalized experience and carrying for people. Real people, Americans who have been neglected by a broken Healthcare system.

Cons

CareMore's quest to change a broken Healthcare system that is due for a change is not easy. There are plenty of entities and interests that would prefer to not have CareMore "Rock the Boat" and educate patients and family members about their Healthcare options.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the voice of the customer and the members. Most have lived long and productive lives and there is always something to be learned from them.

"Great Management"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CareMore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Believe in Dr Jain's vision of Caremore
    The company has invested in getting some of the best individuals across the country to management, There is a new wave of energy not sure if it is because of the arrival of new leaders like CMO and IT VP or exit of the old ones.
    We always hear good or bad news from Dr Jain, no surprises plus he is so engaged

Cons

The new service request is hard to understand but it is no big deal, i will learn. Can't complain - Happy to be here.

Advice to Management

When you hire new ones ensure you have someone who is like minded.

"Great Company to work for that is full of innovation and passion"

Current Employee - Finance in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CareMore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work hard. You're recognized for your initiatives for success. They always want to encourage and keep the best. You know it when you do a great job. The executive management team are really friendly and will always congratulate you for your efforts. This company is not a traditional Fortune 500 company. It's a company that cares about what it does. Work here if you care about success and have a passion for others.

Cons

Be prepared for change an innovation. Things move quickly, you have to be able to be nimble when things come your way. But, that is what makes this company fun to work at.

"Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CareMore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our doctors are fantastic. Our staff is friendly. I could see myself here for years and years!

Cons

Anyone working in the medical field has good and bad days

"Left this company due to the mission being lost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CareMore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few cool people work there.

Cons

Do not really care about the wellness of their own employees. I would commute everyday to different clinics that were at least 1 hour away while another person that did my same job would commute to my city at least an hour when we could just switch in order to save us both the commute. Also expected us to deliver quality healthcare in 15 minute time slots back to back for the entire day sometimes working into lunch. They also do not care about preventative care and just want you to keep making referrals so that patients are prescribed more and more medicine. The CEO at the time was morbidly obese which does not say much for a healthcare company. I believe it is now a new CEO so I hope things got better there. Also the chairs are fabric which is absolutely disgusting for a clinic environment. Some of the doctors were creepy. There was barely any security at a mental health clinic which resulted in a stabbing at one of the clinics.

Advice to Management

Rather than worrying about making more and more money, start offering actual quality healthcare and preventative care and the money will come.

7. "Network Provider Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Cerrito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Cerrito, CA

I worked at CareMore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Cafeteria downstairs makes really good breakfast burritos
    - Buildings are clean
    - The fountains surrounding the buildings have baby turtles in them
    - Potlucks
    - The mall is near corporate
    - Easy access to the freeways
    - yearly bonuses

Cons

- CEO (two thumbs down)
    - Incompetent Executives
    - Dissent is not tolerated
    - Pay is low

Advice to Management

✌🏻

"Working at CareMore is great. It's been over a decade and I still believe in our mission of changing people's lives."

Current Employee - Director in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CareMore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great mission to revolutionize Health Care in America. Believe in caring for the frail and underserved. CareMore's culture is still alive and the new leadership is leading the org in the right direction.

Cons

Scalability of the model presents its challenges. However, with the right people, dedication and commitment positive changes are being made.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and don't deviate from the number one goal "take care of the patient" and take care of your loyal and capable employees. Appreciation always goes a long way.

"Opportunities for Advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

I love the company and our culture. I've never been anywhere that feels like home.

Cons

Demanding work which sometimes requires the change of personal plans.

"Learn & Grow"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cerritos, CA

I worked at CareMore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CareMore was my first "adult" job. I began there as a data entry temp, not knowing much about Health Care. And left the Company being a Business Anaylst. The amount of room for growth is limitless, but of course, you have to work for it. The company itself has great benefits & pay. I was lucky enough to work from home once a week, which definitely helped with that Work Life Balance that everyone is always looking for.

Cons

This past year with our new CEO, Sachin, the culture of the company is beginning to develop more. Previous to that, I didn't feel as though there was much of one. Of course the company motto is a culture in itself, to CARE MORE about our members, but sometimes felt the employee Culture wasn't there- if that makes sense.

Advice to Management

Because I did not have many interactions with Senior Management it's hard to say. That in itself I guess is some advice, to interact more with employees.