CareNow Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • awesome coworkers, flexible schedules (in 7 reviews)

• Easy scheduling, competitive pay with good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Actions from upper management are borderline illegal (in 11 reviews)

• No breaks, constantly harassed to work all the time (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at CareNow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and lots to learn.

Cons

Payscale and (at the time) management practices.

"LVN"

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at CareNow full-time

Pros

Great training program, primarily great co-workers, caring Dr's.

Cons

Low pay, under staffed, must work well past your assigned hours, drama causing co-workers, inflexible schedule

Advice to Management

Pay your staff what they are worth and deal with the trouble makers that run off good staff.

"Absolutely ridiculous"

Former Employee - LVN in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in Garland, TX

I worked at CareNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule if you want to work weekends or if you want to work at other clinics you can also go

Cons

MICROMANAGED!!!! Absolutely ridiculous expectations. NO BREAKS AND NO LUNCH TIME

Advice to Management

All the negative reviews here are absolutely true. The good ones are more than likely written by the upper management. After leaving this place (I walked out) after almost 2 years of working here I couldn't take their BS any more. I work for a smaller clinic and I absolutely love it!! Their "differential pay" is not worth your dignity and for them to micromanage your every move no lunch breaks and no resting breaks

5. "lvn"

I have been working at CareNow full-time

Pros

big company to work for

Cons

micro mange, not allowed to call in sick unless you find your own coverage

Advice to Management

care more about employees and have flexibility

"RN"

I worked at CareNow full-time

Pros

fast paced, learn a lot, quarterly bonuses

Cons

upper management demands your first born, work with inadequate equipment, overworked, under payed.

Advice to Management

stop running employees into the ground

"Improper Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at CareNow (Less than a year)

Pros

I love what I do and I love the clinical staff at the Allen, TX clinic. Truly an amazing team that I had the privilege and honor to work with. All are extremely hard working and dedicated.

Cons

The CareNow in Allen TX is poorly managed and improperly staffed. The patient volume overwhelmes the clinic when it is run on single coverage at almost all times. The front desk staff is one person expected to check in and check out all patients as well as handle the never ending phone calls and walk in patients. The nursing staff is non stop between patient rooms, triage, rooming new patients, calling web checkinsand call backs. The staff rarely gets a moment to eat lunch much less the a bathroom break. 12 + hours days with no lunch break and maybe 1 bathroom break. I have been to other clinics and it is not this way. The staff is a revolving door because of the way the clinic is managed.

Schedules are a thing of the past at this clinic. A schedule is posted but the manager is constantly changing it, cutting back your hours and not informing you. Txts, calls and emails almost daily asking me to come in early or fill in at other clinics. If you have a significant other, a spouse, children, or a life outside of your job this is not a place you want to be employed!

Advice to Management

Customer service ratings are down because the clinic is improperly staffed! Staff can't take a moment to properly greet or engage with the patients because we don't have the time. Step it up management!!

"Money is the only focus"

Pros

Flexible schedules is the only pro.

Cons

Horrid, under-educated management. The company only cares about "efficiencies" and cutting hours as much as possible, placing an unmanageable work load on the remaining staff. Patients are just a financial gain and improving their health is the last thing on the agenda.

Advice to Management

If you want to improve the extremely high turnover rate on employees, start treating them as assets and not burdens to the paycheck. Hire management that is competent and educated and not just the ones who are cheapest to the company. One patient brings in revenue close to $200; I think it is ok to have an extra employee scheduled for an hour or two to boost moral and not make one person do the work of two.

9. "Operations Data Analyst"

I have been working at CareNow full-time

Pros

Great benefits, amazing coworkers, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Over worked and under staffed

"Frustrating."

Former Employee - Patient Representative in Duncanville, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Representative in Duncanville, TX

I worked at CareNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits through united healthcare, 401k, dental, and vision.

The attire is easy, just scrubs.

Occasional (rare) catered lunches on the morning shift.

Cons

Ever since the HCA buyout, CareNow has changed. It used to heavily center around patient care and doing what's best for the patient. Now all they care about are numbers. Patients are just figures on a gauge. Bonuses are all providers care about.

If you have a family, you'll never see them. Carenow refuses to work with your schedule. It even sent out a memo recently that basically said you can request time off, or give schedule preferences, but it won't be honored and pto can be denied for any reason. I've had to put off going back to school for three semesters because carenow won't work with me.

The rules and policies constantly change. You get yelled at constantly for breaking rules you had no idea existed, because they were just created that day. They can't make their minds up about anything.

I don't know about other positions, but front desk is underpaid. They try to make up for it by having differential payment on certain shifts but it still doesn't make up what you're losing. And forget about overtime. I had 3 hours of overtime on my last check so they cut my hours this week. If you pick up a shift at another clinic your hours will get cut at your home clinic to get you as few hours as possible.

Severely, painfully understaffed. When asking management why we cant get additional coverage on very busy days, we were told that we get "lazy" when there's adequate coverage. Which is wholly untrue. Just because your staff isn't running around losing their minds does not mean they are lazy. They can't keep employees and the turnover rate is huge. I've been with Carenow for 16 months and not once in that time has my front desk been adequately staffed to meet patient need. I often have to stay an hour and a half to two hours after my shift multiple days a week just to get what needs to be done, done. They expect us to do too much in too little time. Furthermore, this year they decided to make a new position at the corporate office, so one person makes the schedules for all of the patient reps in the whole division instead of allowing it to be on a clinic to clinic basis like it always has been, and it's resulted in chaos. There are so many open shifts, they have no idea what they're doing because they weren't carenow employees, they are outside hires so they have no clue how the scheduling should work.

The equipment is ALWAYS malfunctioning. They have started buying clinics these copier/scanners that don't scan. They'll act like they scan but the information doesn't get sent, which negatively affects us because then we get a 500 chart list of charts that need to be found, pulled, rescanned, out back together, and put away. The computers break down constantly and are so, so painfully slow. Yell at us about efficiency all you want but we can only go as fast as our computer. The id/insurance scanners don't work and are also so slow it's faster and more reliable to make a photocopy on the barely functional copier.

Front desk employees are treated with very little respect. They have a positive/negative log which keeps track of the employees, but I have never once seen a positive written down. They only care about the negative. You can have the best costumer service in the world and be praised by multitudes of patients, but that will never get written down. Few minutes late? You can bet it's logged even if it's in the "grace period" you have to be considered on time.

The company is so concentrated on expanding that they let the clinics they already have go completely ignored. Our machines don't work, we can't get IT out to fix anything, they're completely out of touch with us.

Advice to Management

Try to care. Try to treat people with respect. Try to fight the corporate machine and work with your employees, and maybe you'll keep them longer than a few months. A little compassion and extra effort on managements end goes so far with the employees. A huge reason so many of us are leaving is the scheduling, which management can 100% fix, regardless of the scheduling coordinators. We're humans, not robots.

11. "great job for a doctor if you are a good employee"

Current Employee - Doctor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Doctor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CareNow full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company actively strives to provide quality medicine, great customer service to patients. Great pay and benefits for doctors, the best in the dallas-fort worth, tx area. Holds all employees to same quality standard. Expectations for employees are clearly stated when you are hired regarding quality medicine and showing up on time.

Cons

Occasionally, but rarely, newly hired doctors are constantly tardy, sometimes don't come to work at all, and practice very poor medicine and have to be fired. Some of those fired doctors then write negative comments about CareNow that are false.

Advice to Management

Hire slow, fire fast.