CareSource Indianapolis Reviews

4.3
CareSource President and CEO Erhardt Preitauer
Erhardt Preitauer

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CareSource and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

May 5, 2021 - Life Coach in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really care about their employees

Cons

Working from home sometimes makes you feel disconnected with your team

CareSource

Thanks for your review. We’re happy to have you on our team. We look forward to when we can all safely work together again and see our teams in person.

2. 3.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Experience

May 10, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great customer service and health insurance experience.

Cons

Management was very self motivated, petty, and made the work environment hostile at times.

CareSource

Thanks for your review. We’re glad to hear you were happy with the customer service and health insurance experience you received. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you also shared this information with your HR business partner.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very good

Feb 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work, great team to work with

Cons

Struggle to find alignment between corporate and local market

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jul 27, 2020 - POWER Account Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

CareSource is customer focused. Everything we do is centered around the customer’s needs. We work together as a team to achieve a common goal. CareSource is a learning organization ensuring that materials are training guides and current information is available to help employees navigate processes, systems and other blockers

Cons

During peak season days can be long

Communications & Social Media Manager

We're so glad you shared your experience! Teamwork does indeed make the dream work!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company to Work For

Feb 21, 2019 - Care Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

TRANSPARENCY as a company -never have had that in any previous employer; work from home; pay/bonus; benefits are excellent; truly committed to mission of best service to mbrs.; training & professional development excellent; systems user friendly; upper level management; care about employees as people; work/family life balance; openness to new ideas & ways of doing business; open door policy w/ managers; promotion from within the company; community involvement & support; encourage & seek innovation; new CEO in 2018 doing fabulous job moving the company forward w/ both the challenges & successes the company has faced; high employee satisfaction scores; address challenges head on as a company & as a market in Indiana; Indiana Market President Steve Smitherman is "the real deal" committed to the members we serve, providers we work with & all of the staff. He has high expectations & goals, but he is also fair, kind & caring.

Cons

Micromanagement at times; company has grown quickly resulting in communication between departments has been a work in progress; time pressure; productivity requirements (necessary due to state contracting); mid level management communication & experience

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

inbound call center

Mar 10, 2020 - Customer Service Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy helping others maintain their benefits

Cons

getting assistance from TL and Assist Line for immediate help with a member/provider/pharmacy

Communications & Social Media Manager

Thank you for being on the front lines at CareSource. We appreciate the review and will use it help us improve. Thanks for working hard to help our members every day.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience building healthy relationships and fulfilling the needs of the members by our one call resolution.

Jan 3, 2020 - Healthcare Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Members co workers and pay

Cons

Communication, levels of management, stability

Communications & Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking time to leave this review. We appreciate knowing that the members we serve and the team you work with are pros! We'll keep working on communication and organization so we can continue to get better and continue being mission-driven health care with heart.

8. 5.0

AMAZING !

Feb 21, 2019 - Community Health Worker in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, really work to help there employees. I truly feel like this company values their employees and if there is an issue they work hard to solve it. There are so many opportunities for growth and trainings made readily available. I work from home and it is just amazing the trust they put into their employees, but they hold high standards which is something I value in a company. They only hire the best and when someone slips through that is not they will work with them to make them the best! It is truly a wonderful company I cannot say enough good things. I also feel as though CareSource makes sure to make every employee feel as though their job is just as important as someone else's.

Cons

A con for me would be working remotely sometimes makes you feel disengaged from those that work in the office, however CareSource does a good job of trying to provide as many trainings as possible so people can come together.

9. 5.0

Great Company and Leadership

Mar 1, 2019 - Health Partnerships in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been with CareSource for almost a year now, I have seen CareSource acting on its mission and vision for the company. Helping improve the health and lives of the members served by CareSource is at the forefront of every business decision. The staff really feels more like a united team and appreciates contributions made by every employee and at every level of the organization. CareSource offers many options for professional advancement; both in company training opportunities as well as employee benefits e.g. leadership workshops, mentor sessions, leadership coaches, and tuition reimbursement. It's evident in the actions of the staff that executive leadership takes employee satisfaction seriously and makes it a priority.

Cons

The relationship between individual states and the corporate office can pose a challenge due to the geographic distance but this is overcome by the number of options for communication and the utilization of Skype meetings.

10. 5.0

A company I can respect!

Feb 21, 2019 - RN Case Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from many years in a hospital setting where employees can feel as though we are drowning in the politics of medicine, it has been a pleasure to work for a company that continuously encourages me to do what is best for our members. I have felt respected and trusted as a professional since my first date of hire. I have been provided all of the tools I need to be successful and encouraged to seek advancement if desired. This company is expanding at a rapid rate which always tends to lead to more opportunities. Pay is above average with generous raises based upon performance. Work-life balance can't be beat.

Cons

Working from home certainly has more pros than cons, but can sometimes lead to feeling disconnected from the rest of the company.

1 person found this review helpful