CareSource (Ohio) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Erhardt Preitauer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Below average pay, poor work- life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management was never in agreeance on processes and procedures" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love working at CareSource!"

Current Employee - RN Team Leader in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - RN Team Leader in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Beautiful buildings and paid parking. Healthy food options and workout facilities. Many long term employees throughout the company. Some of the best leaders I have ever worked with. This organization remains totally committed to the mission of serving our members. Working from home is the best!

Cons

Pace is too fast which is the rule not the exception. Can be very hard to keep up! HR business partners are helpful as are upper management staff but everyone is so busy!

Advice to Management

Don’t be discouraged by poor reviews! The good employees are not complaining anonymously on social media. We are enjoying our bonus and great benefits and the pride of what our CEO and our company has done for the city of Dayton and our members.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay. Bonus. Benefits are good. Nice people.

Cons

Work life balance is not good.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace

3. "CareSource = Favorite Job Ever!"

Current Employee - HQ Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - HQ Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked in the private sector for years. Always enjoyed my career. Working at CareSource, however, has given me a new lease on life. I feel so fortunate to be part of an organization that truly lives their mission--helping their members lead the best, healthiest life possible. Each of our office locations is outstanding, colorful and functional. The amenities are plentiful -- great cafe, on-site coffee (either free or coffee-shop versions), fitness (either on-site or subsidized through a local gym), very limited hierarchy (you can talk to the CEO anytime or anywhere) competitive salary and full bonus this past year.

Cons

There is much at stake. We work hard and, despite all of the political unpredictability in healthcare, CareSource keeps working for 2 million members who count on us to be there. No doubt, we are busy. But I find leaders to be compassionate, smart and reasonable. And does anyone else find it ironic that the negative comments on here are all from FORMER employees? Current employees, like me, are all giving 4 - 5 stars. Think about that for a second.

Advice to Management

As the new CEO comes into CareSource, we look forward to his new perspective and hopeful embrace of our treasured culture of people-first. In all ways!

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible mission and brilliant, talented, visionary team members...with executive leadership who are allowed to behave like toddlers. The bonus is nice and the surroundings are lovely. The talent pool is exceptional and CareSource truly seeks to harness ideas to address social injustice.

Cons

We have begun to believe our own excuses....Rapid growth and expansion have been prioritized higher than addressing core infrastructure needs. Grossly inadequate IT and member and provider-facing staff to actually deliver our mission and vision to our members. Persistent survival mode mentality creates distrust and a culture of fear. Toxic and dysfunctional environment where verbal abuse and public humiliation are not only tolerated but consistently modeled by executive leadership. The never ending chaos and general lack of strategic direction and clear communication is frankly exhausting. There is no appetite or backbone to say “no” to every good idea and certainly no discipline to deliver a complete end product.

Advice to Management

Learn to say no...stop telling Pam Morris what she wants to hear. She’s tough...she can handle the truth. Using an excuse for poor execution and delivery and a subpar experience by members and community partners such as “this is the CareSource way” is a cop out. Finish what you start before moving on to the next shiny new toy. Be a better steward of your human capital and of everyone’s tax dollars.

"Logistic Center staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In reference to other reviews, I would have to disagree with feedback offered by another staff within our department. Our management team has offered us many positive changes and opportunities in the last year. We have been given more flexibility in our schedules and all been given option to begin working from home. My director also began monthly meetings to share changes in department and company and my manager also began monthly meetings with my team.

Cons

I agree that the company does move and change quickly but I was warned of that when I was hired and am not sure my director can change that.

Advice to Management

Continue to make efforts to keep staff informed.

"Benefits are good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, work life balance...and commute (no one works in Dayton so there isn’t any traffic!)

I enjoyed working with my team.

Cons

Communication and collaboration among departments is lacking. People recently promoted during reorganization don’t even have the skills for management positions.

Advice to Management

Promote personnel who can actually make a difference to move the company forward...instead of just putting “yes” ppl in place who don’t know how to manage.

"Perks can’t overshadow shortcomings"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities are beautiful and well-kept. There’s a full cafeteria at the HQ building, the other buildings have convenience-store style food areas with self-serve kiosks. HQ also has a cafe and fitness center on site (not a gym, just some treadmills, free weights and yoga balls). Free downtown parking in a garage cannot be beat (unless you’re a temp, then you have to pay monthly to park!).

Cons

Agreed with other reviews that higher-up directors and executives don’t have a better understanding of members and lower-level employees. The call center is a horrible place to work, incredibly strict and rigid with unreasonable expectations. HQ is better atmosphere; however, a lot of people there got their jobs from networking at events and are not only unqualified for their positions, seem uninterested in doing their jobs. People don’t care about how their job effects members, providers or other employees at the company. Most of the associates I dealt with in a regular basis were petty, selfish, unmotivated and lazy. No one wants to accept blame for errors or setbacks, they only point fingers to shift blame on someone else. I liked my job, but the pay was low and the people who worked there were difficult and inconsiderate. I was continually promised a substantial raise that never happened. I interviewed for several other positions in the company and didn’t get them because I didn’t know the right people, or they didn’t like that I held them accountable for their responsibilities in previous interactions. They wouldn’t give me more money and there were no unbiased opportunities available, so I felt it was best that I leave and accept a position at another company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the concerns of lower-level employees. They are the foundation of your business. Select people who are right for the job, not someone with connections. Pay employees more who truly earn and deserve to be paid more. Invest in your people. Stop relying so much on temps and interns; they aren’t committed to the company, just there to cash a check until the next opportunity comes around.

"Information Technology Intern"

I worked at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a lot of opportunity to learn from different departments.

Cons

The department wasn't approachable. IT teams weren't diverse, which made it harder to be heard and seen as a valuable contributor to the projects. The culture was very competitive and individual based.

9. "Logistics Center RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - Logistics RN Case Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics RN Case Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wrote a review 1/8/18 and at the time I was fairly new and was excited to be able to start a different career in nursing.

Cons

Many. Director is not available nor approachable. Only wants to hear ‘good things’ so she can look good in the eyes of those above and around here. Not interested in our ideas. Makes changes on a whim without thinking it though. Then changes her mind shortly afterwards

Advice to Management

Review current directors true impact on CS. Not just numbers. The worker bees need heard and listened to. We do the work but hard to keep up w/ the changes. It could be such s better company.

"You’re Disposable Here"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Dayton, OH

I worked at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice offices, a few leaders still care and there’s a cafeteria onsite if you’re at HQ.

Cons

It used to be a great place to work. Now CareSource has grown too fast for its own good. There are too few people actually doing the work with a top heavy executive layer. They are out of touch with front line issues and get rid of long time, high performing employees in favor of cheaper (less competent) substitutes. People hate working here but need a job. Think twice and look past the pie-in-the-sky pitch you’ll hear while interviewing. Pam Morris is totally out of touch and surrounds herself with “yes men”, the senior team lives in fear of her and nothing innovative or positive happens as a result.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the executive team, hire people who are engaged with the areas they supposedly lead and replace Pam Morris with someone less autocratic and arbitrary.

CareSource (Ohio) Response

Feb 9, 2018 – CareSource

We apologize that your experience at CareSource did not exceed your expectations. We value all feedback and are consistently looking for ways to improve our employee environment.