CareSource (Ohio) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Pamela Morris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Below average pay, poor work- life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Poor feedback from upper management to provide direction at times (in 5 reviews)

1. "Data Management Director"

I worked at CareSource (Ohio) full-time

Pros

Flat organization and many skilled and talented people

Cons

The Dayton area is limited in talent and small market, so the pool of skilled resources is small.

"Member Services"

Current Employee - CSR-1 in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - CSR-1 in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of available shifts to choose from. You don’t work past 7 pm. They have started to offer 10 hour shifts. You will get 40 hours every week. There is definitely room for growth.

Cons

The training is unorganized, you have to wait 9 months to move up or change departments. The pay isn’t as great as other companies. And because there is not a wide range of hours it is hard to do overtime like other call centers so your paycheck will be relatively the same every time.

"Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked here five years and am continually impressed with how well we are supported with growth opportunites. I've seen so many people promoted. They offer leadership training classes for those who are interested in growing within the company.

Cons

High standards and productivity are a must. If you are a go-getter, you will thrive. Also this is healthcare so priorities change. You need to be highly flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in growth opportunities.

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time

Pros

Great people, great benefits, growing company

Cons

Very busy atmosphere due to growth

5. "RN case manager"

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time

Pros

Work at home is an option.

Cons

Work at home is monitored on Lync system and productivity timing like we are assembly line workers. There is no option for flex scheduling or part time.

Advice to Management

If you treat your employees like they are assembly line workers, they will like it instead of the professionals they could be.

Oct 24, 2017 – CareSource

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us improve our employees' experience.

6. "Medical Management"

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genuine care for members, flexible, decent work-life balance, benefits

Cons

Crap shoot if bonus available, silo work environments

Advice to Management

Work harder at fostering consistency and better communication.

Oct 24, 2017 – CareSource

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to upholding the mission of CareSource. We will pass along your advice to management.

"RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Headquarters, KY
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Headquarters, KY

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and job close to home. Rely on my fellow co workers for support. Thank goodness for them. Since we moved from 40 west to corporate the walk from the garage isn't as bad.

Cons

Challenge to work with HR as they are not consistent with ensuring all staff follow policy. They pick and chose who to have follow policy. Director is wish washy and it is challenging to follow directions from her when the direction changes with the wind. Managers appear confused and try to lead but it is hard on them-the constant change and uncertainty. 2 managers discuss dissatisfaction of their jobs but don't realize that they can be overheard by others. And knowing this makes it hard to work as a team. TL's doing the best job they can with what information they are given. Staff-RN's and LC's hanging in by a thin thread.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are your best investment. Treat them honestly and with respect. It has been learned throughout that in meetings when it is said that 'I'm just being transparent and honest' that is is not true.

"Proud to Work for CareSource"

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I could not be prouder to work for CareSource. The company is committed to helping people and continues to be an innovator in delivering upon its mission of making a lasting difference in the health and well-being of its members. I also feel like CareSource cares about me as an employee. CareSource has a friendly culture, there is a lot of communication about the state of the business and there are many amenities like modern facilities, free parking, training opportunities, fitness classes and a healthy cafeteria. Senior management is accessible, open to ideas and committed to doing the right thing. There is also a desire to grow leaders and promote from within. I also admire the company's commitment to the community through its foundation and willingness to let employees volunteer.

Cons

While this is a fast-paced work environment, the company truly cares about the people it serves. You should expect to work hard, but you will feel really good about the work you're doing.

Oct 24, 2017 – CareSource

Thank you for all of your hard work.

9. "Lives by their mission"

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission of the organization and culture in where employees have the opportunity to serve, whether in their day to day role or volunteering at a food distribution or by supporting those that are out serving others. Leadership is not only supportive but right alongside employees.

Cons

Challenging in how quickly changes can occur but exciting

10. "Working Hard for the Right Reasons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at CareSource (Ohio) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission driven, working to make the world better for vulnerable populations, competitive pay, free parking, beautiful buildings in downtown Dayton, easy to connect with upper management, culture of caring

Cons

You have to like a fast pace! Company is growing, industry is changing and the federal landscape for healthcare changes from day to day. If you're not excited about change and being adaptable, this probably isn't the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to work at one of the best healthcare organizations around. Living for our mission makes every second of hard work worthwhile.