Career Bliss Reviews | Glassdoor

Career Bliss Reviews

3.5
Heidi Golledge
1 Rating

1. "Friendly and fun career community website"

Current Contractor - Content Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Contractor - Content Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Career Bliss as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined CareerBliss because I wanted to help people. Working in IT, I have personally been through many corporate layoffs, and I know first-hand the horrible feeling of having the financial rug pulled out from under you unexpectedly. Being unemployed creates a terrible sense of helplessness and isolation, and I wanted to work at a company who reaches out a helping hand to people in need and helps them get back on their feet.

Right from the start, I could tell that the team at CareerBliss genuinely care about the career community they support via their job board and job alerts. I have been with the company 3 years and counting, and can honestly say that I have never worked with a nicer group of people. Everyone here very easy to get on with and extremely talented in their field.

CareerBliss treats it's employees like family, with regular meals out, free office snacks and fun themed holiday parties. I highly recommend the company to anyone looking to join a close-knit team dedicated to helping people get back to work so they can support their families and help rebuild the economy.

Cons

As we are a small team, everyone wears a lot of hats. If you enjoy being a 'jack of all trades' and working cross-departmentally with web programmers, graphic designers, writers, the press etc, this is a perfect job for you. If you want to do your 'one job' and sit there all day with headphones on, this probably isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We appreciate everything that you do for 'Team CareerBliss!'

"Really great company, with great management and communication."

Current Employee - Job in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Job in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Career Bliss part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management
    Always keep contact
    Keep you updated on projects
    Friendly employees/employers

Cons

None for me, I'm satisfied with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! ;)

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Good eats and PPO health insurance

Cons

Career Bliss is a website that is run and owned by CyberCoders. This company does not function like a traditional business. Instead, it is run by a uncommon style of management that does not exercise any real business logic behind its decisions.

A tip for those have or are currently interviewing with this company, it is not your skills that will get you in the door, but how management thinks you'll fit with the team. Though, I suggest that you avoid this company at any cost. Joining an organization that has good perks, but lacks leadership, ethics and professionalism isn't a good enough reason to join.

If you see other reviews posted after this one, you'll know that Career Bliss aka CyberCoders is trying to wash out the truth. This is what they do in the search engines to try and hide the negative press that CyberCoders receives.

Like the guy in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade said, "Choose Wisely".

"What a joke"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Career Bliss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None... Honestly nobody knows what is going on there. CareerBliss doesn't have much going for it. It basically is a lead generation for its parent company but the management is fooling themselves into thinking that it is going to be the next glassdoor.

Cons

The people making the decisions have no direction. When they leave it up to the team to make decisions they are no where to be found for approval. The project and product teams (individuals really) are lazy and have no idea what they are doing. The person in charge of product supposedly has years of product development from another company but has contributed nothing to the site in the 10 months she has been there and off loads her work to everyone else. So rather than coming up with innovative, creative, and new ideas it's the same old stuff... Then when actually trying to implement these recycled ideas, the project management is sorely lacking. Neither of them seems to know how to build a website, not technically build it but the actual steps or planning of how to build one.
    The press releases and data pulls are all made up, fudged, and altered because the data quality is so horrible. The CTO and CEO don't care about the data quality even though it has been brought up since the beginning. Instead they insist that they can work around it... Basically don't trust anything you read on that site.