Career Connection, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jessica L. Killgore

Pros
  • The knowledge and experience gained at the entry level is truly priceless (in 4 reviews)

• Working in a call center, for Large Coporation with great Morals (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, ok benefits, barely get overtime (in 4 reviews)

• A low cost IT provider that provides almost no benefits (in 3 reviews)

"The Job can be tolerated, however Management needs to improve."

Current Employee - Associate Technology L1 in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Technology L1 in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great IT experience and knowledge can be gained. However, there is not enough supporting documentation at times to assist end users with their technical users. The tools provided do not work most of the time which can leave an employee frustrated that they cannot resolve an issue.

Cons

Benefits suck, PTO Accrual could be better, Too much Harrassment on the phones and not enough training provided for systems being used. They also do not offer morale groups or activities for employees to participate in besides a monthly potluck lunch.

Advice to Management

Imporvement is needed overall. Employee Morale is low.

2. "Ehhh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet some good people with CCI, but overall it's an entry level job with awful benefits.

Cons

Bad pay, bad benefits, bad customers. I know the local managers are trying their best, but they don't have much to work with.

Advice to Management

Start investing in the people that work for you.

3. "Your low cost IT provider"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Smyrna, GA

I worked at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company provides IT support to various customers including IBM and Lenovo.

Cons

A low cost IT provider that provides almost no benefits.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees and work with your customers better.

5. "Amateur recruiters! Soulless corporation!"

Former Employee - Help Desk Team Lead in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Help Desk Team Lead in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hopefully my review isn't deleted, again...IBM/NYS collaboration may be a good thing as IBM is well-known.

Cons

CCI is not well-known in the area. Their reputation for shady business practices is becoming word-of-mouth via online platforms. I completed new hire paperwork for the position, and signed-off on the salary requirements. On my first day of training I did not make it on time but I did call to notify company staff. My brother with Downs Syndrome had been having adverse reactions to a reduction in seizure medication the entire weekend. Upon calling, I attempted to offer supporting documentation to IBM (HR), but the phone was taken mid-sentence from (clearly) amateur recruiter at CCI. She indicated they would be "moving in another direction". I took it for face-value because clearly they were not family-oriented, and that is the #1 factor I look for in an employer (otherwise I question long-term success of the company in the area). A few days later I received a call from the initial CCI recruiter who passed me on to IBM before hiring wanting to "know what happened" because he "wasn't there”. He said he "could fix it". Business acumen and hindsight indicates to me that CCI wanted further documentation for their records to justify to IBM why their new-hire group would be a person short. I tried to explain the circumstances but I was told "If you have family obligations this isn't the place for you" I therefore said the conversation was "a waste of time" and terminated the discussion myself.

Advice to Management

1. You stated before hiring that you were already experiencing turnover due to lack of skills, and sense-of-entitlement. Buffalo is a family-oriented community. Even business professionals in Buffalo have family obligations. Furthermore, how a person deals with obstacles in life determines how successful they are. 2. When you approach a candidate on a personal level they will speak to you on a personal level, chances are you know that. 3. Don't revisit a candidate just to look for personality flaws to justify your mistake it makes you appear unethical/unprofessional. 4. When a candidate tells you they worked their way up from homelessness it is because you led them to trust you. Don't use that against them after you already let them go anyway, it's inhuman and unprofessional. 5. You will not hire "top talent" with the starting wages you offer unless they are inexperienced/desperate. At the Bachelor degree level, you had a chance at a great candidate who is already improving processes elsewhere. 6. You lack knowledge of the culture in the area for which you are hiring. You need to tailor your recruitment strategy to more closely align with the norms and values of individuals on the lower paying end of the spectrum. They will not respect the position otherwise, and the issues will be ongoing!

6. "Creative Channel Services In-store Vendor for Major Technology Brands Retail first introduction."

Former Employee - Inside Technology and Sales Specialist Technology in Boulder, CO

I worked at Career Connection, Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent to gain education and technology experience I went on to ITT software specialist from CCI

Cons

The time on a helpdesk is short but the experience is amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great synergy it really helped me excel in my education and employment.

7. "Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Level I I T Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Level I I T Agent in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, the security guards are nice & greet you

Cons

Don't waste your time applying here & if your currently employed do not, I repeat, do not leave your job for them, they will not hesitate to replace you. The pay seems good but you have to pay for parking which takes a chunk out of your check on top of taxes, they do not train you at all, you train yourself & wing it after that, no vaca time, pto nothing, if your thinking about applying to ibm/CCI downtown buffalo have a backup plan because they are not loyal & they got alot of stuff with them.

Advice to Management

Stop the hiring process & focus on properly training the staff you currently have, because had yall done that, yall wouldn't of did this mass firing, which was a complete joke, this company fired at least 10 people in a matter of 5 business days, for no reason except the bull excuses they made up, because we were their guinea pigs & they were done with us. So to Management I'm sure sooner than later the downtown location will be closed because y'all don't know wat y'all doing

"Stay Away from them"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

Pros

No Pros, Easy to get hired, IBM training name on resume.

Cons

They are deceitful. Lie and intimidate you so you will leave your job and not let you give a two week notice. If you vocalize your concerns with the agency, they find a way to fire you. They harass the workers and are unreasonable with their stats. They tell you that you have a grace period to learn the system but then write people up as soon as two-five days of getting on the systems. They demote people, then harrasse them and write them up just because they refuse to bully the workers under them. Tell their workers there are 1,000 or more people waiting to take their position and that they are not special. Ask people to work with team leaders, yet tell the people the team leads are not our friends and are above us. Creating an atmosphere of fear.

Advice to Management

Don't allow upper management to make you become tyrants and bullies, stand up for your principals on how to treat someone.

"Contractor"

Former Employee - Contractor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Contractor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Career Connection, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home with advancements in pay.

Cons

Poor training preparations, poor support from team & team leaders. They do not stand behind their employees & unclear on job ethics.

Advice to Management

No matter how much good an employee does with this company one bad call can cost you your job. They are quick to fire with no regards to actual facts that are given.

10. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

Pros

Working in a call center, for Large Coporation with great Morals. Great Team, Fair pay.

Cons

We had started the Call center from scratch and new people did not want to work they complained a lot once they were gone the Job was Great.

Advice to Management

Management were talented and respectful, keep up the good work.

"Door Opening Opportunity"

Former Employee - Service Representative in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Boulder, CO

Pros

Career Connections Inc provided an essential step in my career by providing an entry level opportunity to work at IBM. By showing up to work every day on time, ready to work, and taking full advantage of training opportunities there is a real opportunity for excellent career advancement.

Cons

Don't bother applying if you are unreliable or if you don't like continuous learning and improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up your great work advocating for your employees!